• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny of Spirits |OT| Praise the Spirits of Shu's Voices

Grinchy

Banned
I had 2 days in a row of Bad Luck and they were awesome. When I first started out in the game I was getting Bad Luck days that sucked (since I had no spirits yet). But this time it was great to be able to grind some of the event bosses and get a bunch of blue orbs stocked away.

Ventara

So after 450 summons, I FINALLY summon an SR through regular summoning for the first time. It's an Itzamna.

600px-Itzamna.jpg

The support skill is just okay and it's kinda expensive at 4.5, but it looks like it'll have great stats all around, and it has a pretty good battle skill, so it's definitely going into my Light roster, along with Kachina and Takemikazuchi.

Anyways, guys, I need some advice. I have a Lv15 Basilisk and am wondering if I should level it or just drop it. It has a great battle skill, but it's low HP (that maxes at 790) might mean it'll be dead before it can be of any use. As for what my other Wood spirits are, it's a Lv28 Hunahpu and a Lv7 Gundahar. Hunahpu is a great spirit with decent stats, a decent battle skill, and it only costs 1.5! As for Gundahar, it looks like it'll have good stats, but lame/okay skills with the heavy cost of 5.0 is making me considering dropping him.

I also have a similar problem with Lv25 Malina, my main water spirit. Great ATK/SPD and only 1.5 cost, but that low HP and crappy battle skill. I'm hoping Ixchel can pick up the slack. I also have Spy Raven, Mac Lir and Sedna to consider.

So what do you guys think?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
The bad news:
Out of 300 normal summons (90k orbs) , I didnt get a single SR and only 6 R's

The good news:
Two of those were Genie of the Lamp, so I could limit break it twice, and have it at Level 30 now, waiting to be levelled to level 40 soon. At level 30, she also has some great stats (1064/ 317 / 318) and is my 4th strongest R (compared to all other Rs when they were level 30) and my currently fastest R spirit.

The decent news:
I didnt know how much I'd get done with 90k summoning orbs, but for a single day of grinding, I made quite some decent progress:

- I got rares to limit break 3 times in my main 15 spirit fighting rotation.
- Levelled my 2 SRs from 30 to 35
- Levelled Genie of the Lamp from 20 to 30
- Levelled Ixchel from 30 to 40
- Levelled Prometheus from 30 to 40

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Yep, additionally normal blessing also gives more summoning stones, but Great Blessing is just insane.
Insane is the right word. I was getting an average of 500 stones for a 3 stage match at one point. But then again, those stones go away fast.
I had 2 days in a row of Bad Luck and they were awesome. When I first started out in the game I was getting Bad Luck days that sucked (since I had no spirits yet). But this time it was great to be able to grind some of the event bosses and get a bunch of blue orbs stocked away.
Same. I grinder out 40k at one point and now I try to stay above 20k at any and all costs.

A few things I need to ask/state. I find fusing Commons onto Uncommons 5 at a time, once, will net me a couple of levels when fused into a rare. I just got a Phoenix from a Destiny Summon so don't worry you guys, you'll get your turn most likely sooner rather than later. And lastly, I need more -GAF friends from the Americas. Nobody is on my timezone so it's rough getting help during peak hours.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
So after 450 summons, I FINALLY summon an SR through regular summoning for the first time. It's an Itzamna.

600px-Itzamna.jpg

The support skill is just okay and it's kinda expensive at 4.5, but it looks like it'll have great stats all around, and it has a pretty good battle skill, so it's definitely going into my Light roster, along with Kachina and Takemikazuchi.

Anyways, guys, I need some advice. I have a Lv15 Basilisk and am wondering if I should level it or just drop it. It has a great battle skill, but it's low HP (that maxes at 790) might mean it'll be dead before it can be of any use. As for what my other Wood spirits are, it's a Lv28 Hunahpu and a Lv7 Gundahar. Hunahpu is a great spirit with decent stats, a decent battle skill, and it only costs 1.5! As for Gundahar, it looks like it'll have good stats, but lame/okay skills with the heavy cost of 5.0 is making me considering dropping him.

I also have a similar problem with Lv25 Malina, my main water spirit. Great ATK/SPD and only 1.5 cost, but that low HP and crappy support skill. I'm hoping Ixchel can pick up the slack. I also have Spy Raven and Sedna to consider.

I cant tell you how often that Basilisk saved my ass.

Make sure to inbreed it with 30 other basilisks and it has around 910 HP, 375 ATK and 381 SPD at max level. He might not have the most HP, but its still a crazily good heavy hitter, and since he is very cheap at 2.5, I still use him in every non metal boss/raid fight.

Edit: Also if you dont want Gundahar anymore, you can trade it to me for another Itzamna if you want (for limit breaking your Itzamna if you want to keep him). I'd love to try Gundahar myself.

Its cash vs normal summon, but I can give you Itzamna + a UC cash summon for a random C spirit + Gundahar

shaowebb

Im sorry but the OT lacks some crucial info. Is this a card game? Turn based RPG style combat? Moba? Pokemon style?

How do you play it? I have no clue what TYPE of game this is and how you play.

Toma

Im sorry but the OT lacks some crucial info. Is this a card game? Turn based RPG style combat? Moba? Pokemon style?

How do you play it? I have no clue what TYPE of game this is and how you play.

Imagine ... pokemon fights without the world exploration, based on global folklores where every pokemon only has 1 attack, but they all have a passive special ability and you are tasked with working on the best team possible for every fight and continually improve your roster.

Plus F2P stuff, meaning your spirits will need to recharge HP over time, you can buy more spirits for money instead of grinding it out, etcetc.

Pancakesarelove

Neo Member
The bad news:
Out of 300 normal summons (90k orbs) , I didnt get a single SR and only 6 R's

The good news:
Two of those were Genie of the Lamp, so I could limit break it twice, and have it at Level 30 now, waiting to be levelled to level 40 soon. At level 30, she also has some great stats (1064/ 317 / 318) and is my 4th strongest R (compared to all other Rs when they were level 30) and my currently fastest R spirit.

The decent news:
I didnt know how much I'd get done with 90k summoning orbs, but for a single day of grinding, I made quite some decent progress:

- I got rares to limit break 3 times in my main 15 spirit fighting rotation.
- Levelled my 2 SRs from 30 to 35
- Levelled Genie of the Lamp from 20 to 30
- Levelled Ixchel from 30 to 40
- Levelled Prometheus from 30 to 40

Did you travel from AM to get the Genie or did you start in Asia? I've been trying to get my hands on a genie for a while now.

Again I got average luck. I wish I got a blessing/GB on a day that I don't work.

Toma

Did you travel from AM to get the Genie or did you start in Asia? I've been trying to get my hands on a genie for a while now.

Again I got average luck. I wish I got a blessing/GB on a day that I don't work.

I have a US account but am located in Germany, so I actually started in Germany ingame, despite having US spirit pulls.

Ventara

A few things I need to ask/state. I find fusing Commons onto Uncommons 5 at a time, once, will net me a couple of levels when fused into a rare.

Whoa there. Are you saying fusing 5 Commons into an Uncommon and the that one into a Rare is better that fusing 5C+1UC directly into a Rare? If so, fml, I've been fusing everything straight into what I want.

I cant tell you how often that Basilisk saved my ass.

Make sure to inbreed it with 30 other basilisks and it has around 910 HP, 375 ATK and 381 SPD at max level. He might not have the most HP, but its still a crazily good heavy hitter, and since he is very cheap at 2.5, I still use him in every non metal boss/raid fight.

Hmm, I was kinda leaning away from it, but you've cleared over 100 areas, so your advice holds a little more weight. It's just that some bosses are already hitting for 500 damage (with 2x for initial attack, and they also have area attacks that do just as much).

Well, I suppose I can level him since I've almost maxed Hunahpu, and just see if anything better comes across. And thanks, I'll be sure to use as many Basilisks as I can for merging.

Edit: Ah, sorry, although I'm thinking of dropping him, I haven't decided yet, and he's one of the only three Wood spirits I have. But if I do decide to get rid of him, I can shoot you a PM first to see if you're still interested if you'd like.

Toma

Whoa there. Are you saying fusing 5 Commons into an Uncommon and the that one into a Rare is better that fusing 5C+1UC directly into a Rare? If so, fml, I've been fusing everything straight into what I want.

It seems like there is not much of a difference really, if you fuse C into a UC, and then fuse the UC into a R, you lose about 50% of the XP.

Also, I added it to my comment above, and its unlikely you want to do it anyway, but if you want another Itzamna to limit break as a trade for your Gundahar, let me know.

Hmm, I was kinda leaning away from it, but you've cleared over 100 areas, so your advice holds a little more weight. It's just that some bosses are already hitting for 500 damage (with 2x for initial attack, and they also have area attacks that do just as much).

The trick is to keep him alive as long as possible and have a bit of luck with the draw. If the Basilisk isnt among the first 3 spirits, you will get him out once the bar is full enough to use his special ability once or even twice, which is about 1500-3000 extra damage. Usually he survives another special ability charge because the boss wont attack him exclusively and if you have a Barong around, the Basilisk will only get 1 damage for its first hit.

So in the end, I am averaging about 3-4 times the special ability, which is about 4500-6000 damage in every boss fight.

I also have a similar problem with Lv25 Malina, my main water spirit. Great ATK/SPD and only 1.5 cost, but that low HP and crappy battle skill. I'm hoping Ixchel can pick up the slack. I also have Spy Raven, Mac Lir and Sedna to consider.

Definitely dump Malina and focus on Ixchel. She becomes strong and fast later and has good skills.

Ventara

It seems like there is not much of a difference really, if you fuse C into a UC, and then fuse the UC into a R, you lose about 50% of the XP.

Also, I added it to my comment above, and its unlikely you want to do it anyway, but if you want another Itzamna to limit break as a trade for your Gundahar, let me know.

The trick is to keep him alive as long as possible and have a bit of luck with the draw. If the Basilisk isnt among the first 3 spirits, you will get him out once the bar is full enough to use his special ability once or even twice, which is about 1500-3000 extra damage. Usually he survives another special ability charge because the boss wont attack him exclusively and if you have a Barong around, the Basilisk will only get 1 damage for its first hit.

So in the end, I am averaging about 3-4 times the special ability, which is about 4500-6000 damage in every boss fight.

Ah, so it's better to fuse directly? Cool, since that means I haven't been wasting experience. Thanks for the info.

Yeah, I'm hoping to get a Barong eventually. It is super useful against bosses that like to mess you up quickly. And I agree, if I can get the Basilisk in with a full bar, I should be able to cast it's battle skill 3 times at least, and I've gotten a taste of how awesome it is thanks to hiring Lady of the Depths.

Regarding Gundahar; sorry, although I'm thinking of dropping him, I haven't decided yet, and he's one of the only three Wood spirits I have. But if I do decide to get rid of him, I can shoot you a PM first to see if you're still interested if you'd like.

Definitely dump Malina and focus on Ixchel. She becomes strong and fast later and has good skills.

Yeah, I thought so. At least it's good to hear that Ixchel is gonna be good. The game sure does love giving her to me (along with Wakan Tanka and Ixmucane).

Pancakesarelove

Neo Member
Ah, so it's better to fuse directly? Cool, since that means I haven't been wasting experience. Thanks for the info.

Yeah, I'm hoping to get a Barong eventually. It is super useful against bosses that like to mess you up quickly. And I agree, if I can get the Basilisk in with a full bar, I should be able to cast it's battle skill 3 times at least, and I've gotten a taste of how awesome it is thanks to hiring Lady of the Depths.

Regarding Gundahar; sorry, although I'm thinking of dropping him, I haven't decided yet, and he's one of the only three Wood spirits I have. But if I do decide to get rid of him, I can shoot you a PM first to see if you're still interested if you'd like.

Yeah, I thought so. At least it's good to hear that Ixchel is gonna be good. The game sure does love giving her to me (along with Wakan Tanka and Ixmucane).

Good luck in getting a Barong, he is a beast for raid bosses. I trade 3 AM Rs for him and it was worth it.

Toma

Sure, sure. No hard feelings :)

Gundahar is a rather special spirit anyway, because he has a rare attack ability, but asking doesnt hurt!

yella

I sent you a request for a trade; you can respond whenever you get the chance.

EDIT: Also put up a God of Fish for trade; got a couple of Water spirits who will turn out better than him in the long run, so he's not needed.

Ventara

Good luck in getting a Barong, he is a beast for raid bosses. I trade 3 AM Rs for him and it was worth it.

Thanks. Does anyone know in what zone can I get the Barong added to the draw? I might make a beeline for it, assuming it isn't too high a level for me.

Sure, sure. No hard feelings :)

Gundahar is a rather special spirit anyway, because he has a rare attack ability, but asking doesnt hurt!

It certainly doesn't, and as I mentioned, I can PM you if I do decide to get rid of it to check if you're still interested.

putermcgee

also the boss you talk about is called Area Boss they occupy red squares they are very strong but give lot of rewards after you defeat them they open new areas for you to clear also they get added to the summoning pool.
Are you sure about this? One square on the map has some battles, and then the boss battle. I always thought that was the Area Boss.

And then each group of squares (or areas) on the map, designated by a thicker white border, has a Zone Boss. The Zone Boss square doesn't have any normal battles.

And then there's the super boss that was mentioned earlier. It appeared in a normal blue square on my map, and the normal battles in that area were still playable. The maker was red, and in my experience, it was a lot tougher than the Zone Boss. Is that also called an Area Boss? Do you know what sets it off?

And Average Luck is the worst.
Average Luck is actually a nice fortune after a Great Blessing day. I also feel like Blessing is good to follow a Bad Luck day. They both offset the previous fortunes while not going to the opposite extreme.

For example, I got a bunch of Summoning Stones yesterday with Great Blessing, but my Spirit Points are running low. If I got Blessing, I wouldn't earn Spirit points fast enough to keep up with all my merging and renting. If I got Bad Luck, it would just make my Summoning Stones run dry while I fill up on Spirit Points. With Average Luck, I still earn some Summoning Stones, but I get more Spirit Points to balance everything out.

Or maybe I'm crazy.

Pancakesarelove

Neo Member
The only way to get destiny orbs is to buy it correct?

You can get some for just logging in too
Thanks. Does anyone know in what zone can I get the Barong added to the draw? I might make a beeline for it, assuming it isn't too high a level for me.

It certainly doesn't, and as I mentioned, I can PM you if I do decide to get rid of it to check if you're still interested.

It is pretty far in Asia. I think it is around level 60ish-70ish if you are from america.

Ventara

It is pretty far in Asia. I think it is around level 60ish-70ish if you are from america.

60-70?! Crap. I'm struggling against kevel 40 bosses as is. Seriously, shouldn't America get some sort of equivalent in it's area to make things fair? Or at the very least, something good you can't find in Asia. America got shafted.

Pancakesarelove

Neo Member
60-70?! Crap. I'm struggling against kevel 40 bosses as is. Seriously, shouldn't America get some sort of equivalent in it's area to make things fair? Or at the very least, something good you can't find in Asia. America got shafted.

You pretty much have to trade generously for a Barong since there are few people out there who have them that trade in the english forums. That's why I consistently add random Asians in hope for a Barong.

bzzt

Neo Member

600px-Itzamna.jpg

Took me over 700 normal summons to get an SR. Got God of Water, promptly traded for Hanzo. By the numbers, I have 1700+ summons, 2200+ acquired spirits, with 2 normal summoned SRs and 3 destiny summon SRs. Also Basilisk is great. Make sure to breed with other Basilisks until you get +120hp and +60atk & spd. It's ability basically gives you 1-2 free rounds against the boss spirits, depending on how fast your spirits are.

I'm using mine to max stats but what have you got?

Just... how many Spysuit Yunica did you get that you're using them for the fuse bonus?! D8

Well, I have UC Gade + One or two of these guys.

R Miroku
R Perun
R Fukurokuju x2
R Bishamonten
R Hotei
R Ebisu
R Daikokuten

And an Erlang Shen (Asian UC Fire; 420/125/75 stats, 500 fixed damage for 60SP, and no support) as freebie coz I need the space.

Rijasy

Neo Member
Heyo everyone!

I have the following up for trade:

Blue Body R x1
White Body R x1
Wakan Tanka R x1
Gunslinger R x1
Huehuecoyotl R x2
Spy Costume Kat R x1
Spy Costume Yunica R x1
Spider Mother R x1
God of Fish R x1

I really want asian spirits (as well as european, to a lesser degree). Anything non-american. :p

I also have yet to get an SR (aside from jokers).

Heyo everyone!

I have the following up for trade:

Blue Body R x2
White Body R x1
Wakan Tanka R x1
Gunslinger R x1
Huehuecoyotl R x2
Spy Costume Kat R x1
Spy Costume Yunica R x3

I really want asian spirits (as well as european, to a lesser degree). Anything non-american. :p

I also have yet to get an SR (aside from jokers).

check your pm

EGOMON

Are you sure about this? One square on the map has some battles, and then the boss battle. I always thought that was the Area Boss.

And then each group of squares (or areas) on the map, designated by a thicker white border, has a Zone Boss. The Zone Boss square doesn't have any normal battles.

And then there's the super boss that was mentioned earlier. It appeared in a normal blue square on my map, and the normal battles in that area were still playable. The maker was red, and in my experience, it was a lot tougher than the Zone Boss. Is that also called an Area Boss? Do you know what sets it off?
You are right about the Area Boss and the Zone Boss but i really can't figure the Super Boss maybe i haven't encountered it yet! can you give a screenshot?

Rixa

Hunted 42km away from home. Got 3 spirits 1 UC, 2 C. Probaply same situation in the evening when I get back to home. Oh well, free spirits to cannonfodder are always good.

Hunt related question. Ive always driver in car, so I cant use Hunt feature on the road. But in one month time Iam bus passenger to destination over 220km from home:

Would it be better to hunt once and a while in the trip (using mobile phone as hotspot) or wait til destination to get +5 spirits (and almost guaranteed R atleast)?

No idea

Last month i made 500km travel and only got 6 spirits (1 R)
This time i repeated this travel but split it (first hunt on railway station, next one 300km from there, next one at destination) - I've got 2+6+5 spirits and 1R in each of longer hunts.

Toma

Starting to feel like the game is trolling me now, every time I do a destiny summon with an Asian player I seem to get stuff I have no intention of ever using - today's was possibly the ugliest rare I've ever seen.

Love that guy. He is pretty decent actually. 1550 HP, 370 ATK and 215 SPD at level 40 with a decent battle skill.

Might just be me speaking because I havent gotten many dark Rs yet, though.

Wahz

To anyone who have spare GR SR Lady of Depths, and willing to trade for GR SR Gravity Panther. Please invite me, I willing to add extra GR R fire one to sweeten the deal.

my PSN ID Wahz

Starting to feel like the game is trolling me now, every time I do a destiny summon with an Asian player I seem to get stuff I have no intention of ever using - today's was possibly the ugliest rare I've ever seen.

LOL, everyone goes "I WANT ASIAN SPIRITS"

but a huge bulk of R/SR normal summons are a bunch of old guys. :(

EGM92

Are you guys hunting in areas where you have access to wifi? I took my Vita with me around Toronto but everytime I attempted to hunt it kept asking for wifi access and since there were no open wifis it told me it would give me the results later. When I got home and tried it, it found 0 summons :\

Top Bottom