• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny of Spirits |OT| Praise the Spirits of Shu's Voices

Are you guys hunting in areas where you have access to wifi? I took my Vita with me around Toronto but everytime I attempted to hunt it kept asking for wifi access and since there were no open wifis it told me it would give me the results later. When I got home and tried it, it found 0 summons :\

Share internet from your smartphone

EGOMON

Was just thinking of new elements they could add to spice up the game like Lighting, Ice and Wind and as for what beat what:
Earth > Lighting > Water
Fire > Ice > Wind
Metal > Wind > Wood
something like that but it will probably break the balance of the game lol

Honey Bunny

I can't merge two fire spirits for some reason. The one I want to merge isn't padlocked, I have more than enough spirit points, but it doesn't appear on the list of enhancer spirits. Any ideas?

edit: in fact it doesn't show up as an enhancer spirit for any merges. It's a Domovoi. Are some spirits just un-mergeable?

edit2: the third time I try it, it shows up. I have no idea.

Amn

Neo Member
I have a question for people who have done a lot of advance summoning. I'm thinking of doing some GR summons myself because I have a couple GR rares that are at their max level, but I was wondering what you guys do with the UCs. Do you just use them all as merging fodder? Do you hold on to a few as trade facilitators?

EGOMON

I can't merge two fire spirits for some reason. The one I want to merge isn't padlocked, I have more than enough spirit points, but it doesn't appear on the list of enhancer spirits. Any ideas?

edit: in fact it doesn't show up as an enhancer spirit for any merges. It's a Domovoi. Are some spirits just un-mergeable?

Yeah it happened to me once i think it is a bug i had to restart the game to fix it.

I have a question for people who have done a lot of advance summoning. I'm thinking of doing some GR summons myself because I have a couple GR rares that are at their max level, but I was wondering what you guys do with the UCs. Do you just use them all as merging fodder? Do you hold on to a few as trade facilitators?
If they are good UC keep them and level it up or you can just trade them i feel it is a waste of money to merge them with other because you can get UC for merging form normal summons

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

If it's taken any damage, I don't think you can merge it. It has to be at full health. Did you use it in battle by any chance?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

There are some good UC, but I just merged them all away. Just didn't have room. Really annoying to spend DO on something you immediately merge away! Oh well.

gazele

Banned
I like mine. Also got this tonight.
O71be5Z.jpg

I have her, she's okay, actually got a second one I used to limit break her

I want a trex so bad, I have a metal joker with his name on it haha

Kalamoj

Hi all
I have some spirits for trade:
Cuhullin
Prometheus
Hestia
Veles
Heremond x2

Looking for:
Hermes
Morrigan
Nine-tailed Fox
Any SR for Cuhullin

Z3M0G

So you actually can get SR (Super Rare?) from regular summoning? Wow, I'll definitely keep playing this!

Is that the highest Rarity rank?

Amn

Neo Member
So you actually can get SR (Super Rare?) from regular summoning? Wow, I'll definitely keep playing this!

Is that the highest Rarity rank?

You can and it is, but it took me 1387 summons to get my first SR. When they say "super rare", they mean it.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Woah, Spatenfloot, that T-Rex is awesome. Dont mind if I rent him a bajillion times :p

Man, I want one of those too.

Z3M0G

You can and it is, but it took me 1387 summons to get my first SR. When they say "super rare", they mean it.

That's fine. I'm not sure if this would commonly happen with games like this on Mobile Phones... I played a few for a short period of time in the past. This game feels better than those.

How many R would you say you found (from regular summon) until you got your first SR?

Moobabe

How are you guys "grinding"? I'm properly stagnating in the game now - don't see how to level up my dudes any more effectively and I don't get a lot of summoning stones any more because all the zones are on the brink of my highest levels.

Rixa

Woah, Spatenfloot, that T-Rex is awesome. Dont mind if I rent him a bajillion times :p

Man, I want one of those too.

Yeah they are, kinda same uber R spirit than Barong.
As for R spirits mega good support skills:

US = T-Rex
Asia = Barong
EU = ???

Havent seen any really good EU R support skill :/.

Amn

Neo Member
That's fine. I'm not sure if this would commonly happen with games like this on Mobile Phones... I played a few for a short period of time in the past. This game feels better than those.

How many R would you say you found (from regular summon) until you got your first SR?

Rares drop at a decent clip. I've gotten 99 Rs for 1655 summons. If you exclude the raid rewards and hunting, I'd say rares drop at about a 5% rate.

darkwing

How are you guys "grinding"? I'm properly stagnating in the game now - don't see how to level up my dudes any more effectively and I don't get a lot of summoning stones any more because all the zones are on the brink of my highest levels.

you go back to your cleared areas and grind for stones/blue orbs

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Yeah they are, kinda same uber R spirit than Barong.
As for R spirits mega good support skills:

US = T-Rex
Asia = Barong
EU = ???

Havent seen any really good EU R support skill :/.

T-Rex is SR, the equivalent is Thor in EU and Ashura in AS.

Though Baron is kind of amazing and unique among the R's.

I've 3 SR spirits
- one from free orbs giving at start (from Knack stuff)
- one pulled from normal summons (around 500 summons before that)
- one from hunts (around 10 hunts 30-40 spirits total)

And you don't need then until very very late in game as Rs go to lvl 50

Rixa

This way:
Get a low level area, mine is 1 SW from starting point
2014-04-14-222442.jpg

Lower of those 2 areas
2014-04-14-222454.jpg

2 Battle mission (I dont have good places to grind 3 battle missions)
2014-04-14-222508.jpg

Choose best spirits and take advantage of elements
2014-04-14-222522.jpg

First battle
2014-04-14-223315.jpg

Second battle
2014-04-14-223343.jpg

Spoils of war when average luck is on
2014-04-14-223411.jpg

^^ Your spirits need to one hit kill chaos spirits. Barong is there for the reason if I forget to change target. Remember to match also daily element, my Skuld is kinda killer in Water days.
2014-04-14-222645.jpg

There seems to be also Earth version of Skuld. Got Urd today from Hunt.
2014-04-14-174556.jpg

Rixa

Either you're lucky or I'm unlucky. I've only gotten 1 R in 66 hunts.

The more kilometers you are away from home, raises your chances to get R. I even managed to get one SR from hunt.

I have hunted 4 times ~130km away from home in 4 different days (and also 4 times, same day again in home). One hunt was 5 spirits and those 8 hunt times gave me 8 R and 1 Sr + 23 UC & C.

Tomorrow testing Hunt again in new location :p ~95km from home (expecting 4-5 spirits) and again later at home new hunt (so 2 hunt per day).

Toma

Guys I got a Prince of Metal and willing to trade it for a Prince of Light.

The princes just give a bit of XP, highly unlikely someone wants to use up a trade slot for a Prince.

Toma

The more kilometers you are away from home, raises your chances to get R. I even managed to get one SR from hunt.

I have hunted 4 times ~130km away from home in 4 different days (and also 4 times, same day again in home). One hunt was 5 spirits and those 8 hunt times gave me 8 R and 1 Sr + 23 UC & C.

Tomorrow testing Hunt again in new location :p ~95km from home (expecting 4-5 spirits) and again later at home new hunt (so 2 hunt per day).

Its not km away from home, but km away from the last hunting position, isnt it?

Amn

Neo Member
The princes just give a bit of XP, highly unlikely someone wants to use up a trade slot for a Prince.

Yeah, having only 3 slots is killing me right now, but I guess that's the point. I feel like that Immediately Delivery button is staring me down.

Toma

Yea, I understand that. It's just useless weight to me.

Just merge him onto any of the spirits you like/want to level. Easily 1-2 levels with just one merge :)

You only get about 10% more XP if you merge the correct element anyway.

Rojo

damn you travel a lot

putermcgee

You are right about the Area Boss and the Zone Boss but i really can't figure the Super Boss maybe i haven't encountered it yet! can you give a screenshot?
Here is what it looked like on the map, the battle intro, and the battle itself. I pulled in something like 4400 Summon Stones for it too.

Also, thanks Eco-GAF for accepting my trade. I did my Destiny Summon with you too! (Too bad it was just a UC, though)

econodog

Neo Member
Also, thanks Eco-GAF for accepting my trade. I did my Destiny Summon with you too! (Too bad it was just a UC, though)

No probs! I needed another Greys to break the level limit on the one I'm using, so it'll come in handy. I already have another spare Captain Cook for a level break for now, so it worked well for me too. Hopefully he makes a good addition to your light army :)

Thanks for the Destiny Summon too, I also try to look for -GAF members when choosing my destiny partner - much appreciated.

carlos

No probs! I needed another Greys to break the level limit on the one I'm using, so it'll come in handy. I already have another spare Captain Cook for a level break for now, so it worked well for me too. Hopefully he makes a good addition to your light army :)

Thanks for the Destiny Summon too, I also try to look for -GAF members when choosing my destiny partner - much appreciated.

I chose you for destiny summoning today as well, and only got a C for the both of us, lol.

My luck has been terrible for the past week, lots of average luck and mostly commons when summoning :/

Top Bottom