• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny of Spirits |OT| Praise the Spirits of Shu's Voices

I've just had lvl 38 boss spawn right into middle of my cleared territory and it shows at 13k HP when the ones i'm slowly killing on the outskirts are 7-8k hp max.

What's going on ?

Can I just leave it there until I'm ready ?

From the airport to my house.

here are my spoils from my recent trip.

Seattle -> Boston: First Mother
Boston -> Seattle: T Rex
Seattle Airport -> my house: Thunderbird

1386748758970.gif

RpgN

I want one I can offer

2x Lugh
1x Tlatoc
1x Miroku
2x Prometheus
2x Veles

How does Tlatoc look like and what are its stats? I can't seem to find any info about it on the net.

Based on your list I'm mostly interested in Veles and Prometheus. It looks like we're going to have a trade regardless :D Time to you add on the game, what's your ID?

I finally got my first Destiny Summon SR today with baekshi.

aI3TNfa.jpg

Unfortunately for me, it's another First Mother. I very rarely use the first one I got. I already have it up for trade if anyone wants it. Looking to trade with another SR or even an R spirit depending on what it is.

How does Tlatoc look like and what are its stats? I can't seem to find any info about it on the net.

Based on your list I'm mostly interested in Veles and Prometheus. It looks like we're going to have a trade regardless :D Time to you add on the game, what's your ID?

in game name: michaelius, psn: mic_pl

Tlatoc is american water spirit R - I'll post screenshot later as i can't pull my vita out at the moment.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
in game name: michaelius, psn: mic_pl

Tlatoc is american water spirit R - I'll post screenshot later as i can't pull my vita out at the moment.

I think his name is Tlaloc, not Tlatoc.

EGOMON

Here is what it looked like on the map, the battle intro, and the battle itself. I pulled in something like 4400 Summon Stones for it too.

Also, thanks Eco-GAF for accepting my trade. I did my Destiny Summon with you too! (Too bad it was just a UC, though)
What the?! this is my first time seeing this and i have been playing since day 1
Does anyone else encounter this type of bosses?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
What the?! this is my first time seeing this and i have been playing since day 1

I encountered it once as well, seemed like it was triggered by finishing a whole area for me.

The bosses dont do anything other than giving some good rewards for a hard fight though. No unlocks or anything.

RpgN

That's the one I meant the last time, this type but different monster :D It was a water spirit with 12k HP.

It only showed up once though. It was after clearing all areas and defeating a zone boss of those areas.

EGOMON

I encountered it once as well, seemed like it was triggered by finishing a whole area for me.

The bosses dont do anything other than giving some good rewards for a hard fight though. No unlocks or anything.

Hmm i must check my cleared areas but if that all the rewards you get then i'll ignore it for now am waiting for great blessing to start farming i reached my limit in clearing areas without grinding my spirits are getting their ass kicked in normal battles vs lvl 40+ spirits lol

That's the one I meant the last time, this type but different monster :D It was a water spirit with 12k HP.

It only showed up once though. It was after clearing all areas and defeating a zone boss of those areas.
I see thats why i had no idea when you were talking about it, did you beat it? or did it disappear?

Toma

Hmm i must check my cleared areas but if that all the rewards you get then i'll ignore it for now am waiting for great blessing to start farming i reached my limit in clearing areas without grinding my spirits are getting their ass kicked i normal battles vs lvl 40+ spirits lol

I see thats why i had no idea when you were talking about it, did you beat it? or did it disappear?

It stays there until you beat it. I beat it and it got 5000 summoning stones or something like that.

And I am currently a bit stuck on level 60+ spirits. If I am being a bit too careless a single fight can wipe out my team easily.

EGOMON

It stays there until you beat it. I beat it and it got 5000 summoning stones or something like that.

And I am currently a bit stuck on level 60+ spirits. If I am being a bit too careless a single fight can wipe out my team easily.
Ah good, what were your spirits level when you beat it?

Damn! yup i need to start farming i was naive thinking i could power-through the areas with normal progression

Toma

Ah good, what were your spirits level when you beat it?

Damn! yup i need to start farming i was naive thinking i could power-through the areas with normal progression

It was quite early, 20-30 I think, maybe around 60 freed zones up to that point.

RpgN

First time he pretty much kicked my ass but I quit before the game managed to save progress. I wasn't sure whether it would disappear after one fight.

I thought the fight would be easier and thus came unprepared. It is comparable to raid bosses level 12-15 with 1k HP minions.

Einherjar

aI3TNfa.jpg

Unfortunately for me, it's another First Mother. I very rarely use the first one I got. I already have it up for trade if anyone wants it. Looking to trade with another SR or even an R spirit depending on what it is.

Nice, haven't seen an SR destiny summon in ages.

RalchAC

aI3TNfa.jpg

Would you trade it for this?

600px-Ukko.jpg

Take it from DoS wikia. Level 1 stats are 800/150/120.

I have it on a trade slot.

I have 2 Rare spirits there too if any body wants them.

600px-Lugh.jpg

600px-Ogma.jpg

Would you trade it for this?

600px-Ukko.jpg

Take it from DoS wikia. Level 1 stats are 800/150/120.

I have it on a trade slot.

Sure, I'd take that. I have a very weak Earth lineup so this one would fill that spot rather nicely. I'll go and look for it on your trade list. Thanks!

Z3M0G

A couple of basic questions...

Capturing monsters in combat - I had this happen once... I literally captured a monster I was fighting. It seemed to happen after I 1-shot killed it. What are the actual conditions for this?

Hunting - Do you need the game running as you travel X miles between location A and location B in order for it to register as traveled distance for hunting?

Toma

A couple of basic questions...

Capturing monsters in combat - I had this happen once... I literally captured a monster I was fighting. It seemed to happen after I 1-shot killed it. What are the actual conditions for this?

Hunting - Do you need the game running as you travel X miles between location A and location B in order for it to register as traveled distance for hunting?

1. Random
2. No

RpgN

What is this crap about transit time for your trade to be complete? One hour otherwise pay 10 orbs?

You know, I like the game, I really do. But sometimes I feel like the way it is limiting is bullshit. This is one example, also why are the spirit orbs required for merge? They could have been fine just for renting friend spirits.

Is this meant for balance? *no experience with F2P games*

cjp

What is this crap about transit time for your trade to be complete? One hour otherwise pay 10 orbs?

You know, I like the game, I really do. But sometimes I feel like the way it is limiting is bullshit. This is one example, also why are the spirit orbs required for merge? They could have been fine just for renting friend spirits.

To be fair, I've never not had thousands of spirit orbs. It's not like they're hard to come by.

Transit time sounds stupid though; not done a trade yet.

Toma

Depends on the distance between you and the trade partner, I had up to 10 hours already.

But yeah, thats F2P for you, charging people to earn money somehow instead of asking for a fixed price upfront and I'd still say that this game does F2P better than a majority of other games.

RpgN

To be fair, I've never not had thousands of spirit orbs. It's not like they're hard to come by.

Transit time sounds stupid though; not done a trade yet.

It depends. At first I used to rent spirits a lot with boss fight and raid bosses. But they're getting expensive, like paying 1000 for one monster. It's easier for them to slip away if you're not careful. Now I'm trying to hold off a bit to save up some because I don't have enough.

Depends on the distance between you and the trade partner, I had up to 10 hours already.

But yeah, thats F2P for you, charging people to earn money somehow instead of asking for a fixed price upfront and I'd still say that this game does F2P better than a majority of other games.

10 hours?! You have got to be kidding me.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Complaining about an hour? Some trades take up to 14 hours depending on the distance.

It's literally due to the F2P model. It's the same reason why you can't heal your spirits and they regenerate over time. You're playing this game for free. If you want to speed things up for yourself, you can buy Destiny Orbs. The only way that developers/publishers get paid is through these limitations. Otherwise, you can just wait it out. There are other things to accomplish in-game while you're waiting for a trade to complete.

RpgN

Complaining about an hour? Some trades take up to 14 hours depending on the distance.

It's literally due to the F2P model. It's the same reason why you can't heal your spirits and they regenerate over time. You're playing this game for free. If you want to speed things up for yourself, you can buy Destiny Orbs. The only way that developers/publishers get paid is through these limitations. Otherwise, you can just wait it out. There are other things to accomplish in-game while you're waiting for a trade to complete.

I'm not really bothered about waiting, just thinking it's silly and serves no purpose besides making more money.

Aren't they already making money in pretty much through other means? I'm sure enough people already bought enough of those orbs to get the best spirits.

I dunno, I understand they need to make money because many are playing it for free (including me), but this is one example that is just going too far, imo anyways.

RalchAC

I'm not really bothered about waiting, just thinking it's silly and serves no purpose besides making more money.

Aren't they already making money in pretty much through other means? I'm sure enough people already bought enough of those orbs to get the best spirits.

I dunno, I understand they need to make money because many are playing it for free (including me), but this is one example that is just going too far, imo anyways.

Well, they're traveling around the world! It's not that weird that it takes some time xD.

It doesn't especially bother me either. After I got 35 spirit slots (now I'm at 42 iirc due to areas freed) I didn't really feel I needed more Destiny Orbs.

What I need now are blue orbs though. I have 30k summon stones (white) but only 4k of the others. Never thought I'd be pissed getting 2 Great Blessing days in a row lol.

Toma

Its a bit limiting, but not that much of an issue if you play it for a bit every day tbh.

Z3M0G

1. Random
2. No

Thanks!!

Tethering through my phone and connecting to different towers around town seems to be a means for me to collect KM's traveled. I may need to go for a long drive in the luckiest direction some time and see just how well that works.

Another question, how many KM must you travel to earn one capture? 2? Is there a curve to it?

Edit: one more, what's the most efficient way to earn gems/crystals/whatever (the one you spend 300 of for a basic summon)? Grinding low level areas? Or progressing through the zones and killing bosses?

Rixa

Does somebody else has some problems trying to log-in in DoS? Because I can't.

I did manage to log in. But my location data didnt work. Tried 2 different mobile phone & 1 broadband connection. No use :(. I was ~90km away from home and later 70km from home, sucks badly. When I came to home and logged to my own adsl connection. Hunt option worked fine.

Tomorrow again to another direction 40km, trying hunting again.

Toma

Just in case you guys are interested in Genies level 40 stats:
ZuMh01H.jpg

She stacks up remarkably well. 2nd highest speed and 6th highest attack in my team, plus one of the important element change abilities. Pretty neat, especially considering she is a non-cash summon.

Toma

Why is change to dark important ?

Its changing to light, but all the "elemental change" skills are important in my opinion. You can change your strongest team to whichever element you need, which can be quite a heads up on some boss fights. Admittedly, this one will be used on rarer occasions with only blessing/great blessing, but I found its especially useful considering the HP regeneration limitation because you are free to use non optimal element spirits for any fight if you have the full set of element changers.

I currently have the ones for water, earth, fire and light and for example changing my 5 strongest spirits to water on a water day and fighting a fire boss is almost an instant win.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I have a changer for every color... except white :p Oh, and Fire, I think. My earth and wood changers get used non-stop, and my wood changer gets the most use by my friends list of the spirits I set as team leader.

Top Bottom