• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny of Spirits |OT| Praise the Spirits of Shu's Voices

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I have a changer for every color... except white :p Oh, and Fire, I think. My earth and wood changers get used non-stop, and my wood changer gets the most use by my friends list of the spirits I set as team leader.

What is the wood changer spirit?

Just in case you guys are interested in Genies level 40 stats:
ZuMh01H.jpg

She stacks up remarkably well. 2nd highest speed and 6th highest attack in my team, plus one of the important element change abilities. Pretty neat, especially considering she is a non-cash summon.

Lol she looks so much like Kat.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Is it too much to ask for all hands on deck so I /we can grind out just a few more raid bosses? And I swear to god someone started squatting on my raids. He does 300 damage and then doesn't do anything else. Fuck that guy. I think it's some random and I'm going to unfriend him next time I see it and remember.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Is it too much to ask for all hands on deck so I /we can grind out just a few more raid bosses? And I swear to god someone started squatting on my raids. He does 300 damage and then doesn't do anything else. Fuck that guy. I think it's some random and I'm going to unfriend him next time I see it and remember.

He could just be super weak. You don't lose anything by people contributing to your Raid boss, no matter how ineffectively they do so. Any number of people can contribute, and as many times as they have tokens.

Prelude.

Damn, I really need to upgrade the storage the next time they give me orbs, I can barely manage to play with only 2 empty spaces in my collection.

He could just be super weak. You don't lose anything by people contributing to your Raid boss, no matter how ineffectively they do so. Any number of people can contribute, and as many times as they have tokens.

And sometimes that minimal contribution helps you to at least save some raid points.

But, yeah, Fuck Inti!

RalchAC

Miroku is clearly the easiest of that bunch. IMO Baleborg is the hardest since its special attack is really powerful, at level 30 it deals 500+ damage to all my party (Great luck means Light > Darkness, so I couldn't use the spirit that reduces damage by a 10%). Inti deals extra damage in its first attack (which means 600+ at higher levels) but his special attack isn't as powerful.

Seriously? What a jerk.

I think you can see who helped you in the boss raid tab.

But 300 damage? The two adds deal around 35-50 damage. The boss is the only enemy that can kill your spirits with one hit. In the worst case, that means he'll need 3 turns to kill you. Considering you take 4 spirits (3 + 1 supporter) he'll be able to deal more than 300 damage.

That sounds lazy.

RpgN

Me, me! I'm trying to help out as much as I can and beat the ones I find to increase the total count. I'm at 83 and need 100 to get 6000 summon stones.

I have been playing raid bosses the wrong way and discovered how helpful others can be for the last two days. Basically everyone gets benefit out of helping out.

A) everyone gets at least 300 spirit stones.
B) the one with the most inflicted damage gets an extra 700 spirit stones.
C) the one who discovers the boss gets 300 summoning stones regardless.
D) by others defeating them for you, you save up on turns you can use to help others or discover more raid bosses.

Seriously gaf, if we play our cards right, we can destroy raid bosses quicker and get benefits out of it together.

You have been added in the game. Now gimme all dem raid bosses!

Miroku is clearly the easiest of that bunch. IMO Baleborg is the hardest since its special attack is really powerful, at level 30 it deals 500+ damage to all my party (Great luck means Light > Darkness, so I couldn't use the spirit that reduces damage by a 10%). Inti deals extra damage in its first attack (which means 600+ at higher levels) but his special attack isn't as powerful.

Totally agreed.

Edit:

Crap. I started a raid boss with weak spirits by accident, that's one turn wasted :( One day left...

coolasj19

Seriously? What a jerk.
But 300 damage? The two adds deal around 35-50 damage. The boss is the only enemy that can kill your spirits with one hit. In the worst case, that means he'll need 3 turns to kill you. Considering you take 4 spirits (3 + 1 supporter) he'll be able to deal more than 300 damage.
That sounds lazy.
It is lazy. Look at this guy. His first round he did 3k damage. And then he went back and finished up for the last 2k.
13880834635_a709941fa1_b.jpg
I know if I catastrophically fail on an amount of damage that should be easy 6k HP< I go back in and burn up another token. Now, you could say that you leave the opportunity for a third person to finish up, but if they weren't gonna go for the 6k HP< follow up they aren't gonna go for the 500HP follow up. And I know this guy is squatting and not just weak. Because I'm the one that has to go in when it gets to to 5-15 minutes and clean up. I have no patience for non-contributers. Like, even if you tossed in your 3 strongest Spirits you'd get more than 300.

It's just a courtesy. It's okay to be weak, and it's okay to fail, but within reason.

coolasj19

Me, me! I'm trying to help out as much as I can and beat the ones I find to increase the total count. I'm at 83 and need 100 to get 6000 summon stones.
Seriously gaf, if we play our cards right, we can destroy raid bosses quicker and get benefits out of it together.
You have been added in the game. Now gimme all dem raid bosses!
Totally agreed.
Edit:
Crap. I started a raid boss with weak spirits by accident, that's one turn wasted :( One day left...
I don't think you will be able to do it. At 5 tokens per 2 hours, it would take a minimum of 8 hours. And that's if you get a credit with just one token. You can certainly try though. Also, you should add - GAF or some variant to your name. You'll get the benefits of preferred treatment. It's in the Profile corner at the top right and it takes 30 seconds.

RpgN

It is lazy. Look at this guy. His first round he did 3k damage. And then he went back and finished up for the last 2k. I know if I catastrophically fail on an amount of damage that should be easy 6k HP< I go back in and burn up another token. Now, you could say that you leave the opportunity for a third person to finish up, but if they weren't gonna go for the 6k HP< follow up they aren't gonna go for the 500HP follow up. And I know this guy is squatting and not just weak. Because I'm the one that has to go in when it gets to to 5-15 minutes and clean up. I have no patience for non-contributers. Like, even if you tossed in your 3 strongest Spirits you'd get more than 300.

It's just a courtesy. It's okay to be weak, and it's okay to fail, but within reason.

It sounds like he might not be trying, but keep in mind that you have freed around 60 areas.

For instance, I have freed 33 areas. Sometimes when I help out with others on higher leveled bosses, the most I can do is 6k in a single fight. Now I know he is giving 3k, but maybe he's early in the game?

coolasj19

coolasj i'll help out
Added
It sounds like he might not be trying, but keep in mind that you have freed around 60 areas.
For instance, I have freed 33 areas. Sometimes when I help out with others on higher leveled bosses, the most I can do is 6k in a single fight. Now I know he is giving 3k, but maybe he's early in the game?
69 areas cleared... How noble :)
3k is bomba. 300 is squatting.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

I am leaning towards this as well. I dont think he was being impolite.

Pancakesarelove

Neo Member
Wait I'm confused. Are we complaining about people helping us? I mean I understand the 300 but people who choose to use their raid points twice on your boss and do over 5000 damage, I don't see the big deal. If you have a problem being lazy with your boss then give the same treatment or just delete him.

Or is that his boss you were helping with? Usually I just help out once and hope others follow suit but once it gets close to 30 minutes, I try to help that person out the most.

I'm basically done with my raid bosses so if I see you GAFers with some raid bosses, I'll help out.

RpgN

coolasj i'll help out, if i saw you on my list i have been just waiting for the new day update

I added you too if you don't mind :D

I don't think you will be able to do it. At 5 tokens per 2 hours, it would take a minimum of 8 hours. And that's if you get a credit with just one token. You can certainly try though. Also, you should add - GAF or some variant to your name. You'll get the benefits of preferred treatment. It's in the Profile corner at the top right and it takes 30 seconds.

Done.

As for time. I might stay up for the night. Also if you guys help me with my raid bosses, they might be weaker and easier for you while they will add up to your count.

Right now I only have one turn, but I will help as soon as I have some charged.

Ventara

It is lazy. Look at this guy. His first round he did 3k damage. And then he went back and finished up for the last 2k.
13880834635_a709941fa1_b.jpg
I know if I catastrophically fail on an amount of damage that should be easy 6k HP< I go back in and burn up another token. Now, you could say that you leave the opportunity for a third person to finish up, but if they weren't gonna go for the 6k HP< follow up they aren't gonna go for the 500HP follow up. And I know this guy is squatting and not just weak. Because I'm the one that has to go in when it gets to to 5-15 minutes and clean up. I have no patience for non-contributers. Like, even if you tossed in your 3 strongest Spirits you'd get more than 300.

I think you're getting angry over nothing. As mentioned already, you literally lose nothing. Why get angry? Any help, no matter how minimal, is helpful.

Furthermore, maybe he's weak and you're misjudging? I've beaten Inti Lv50, but there are times when I just have bad luck and can only get in 4-5K, so it's not unreasonable for a starter to do under 1K.

Edit: So he's not new, but any help is still help. Anyways, add me if you want. I'm pretty much done fighting Raid bosses (except getting to 100 bosses defeated), so I can help. Maybe not much since I'm low on Spirit points, but enough. ID is Ventara.

RpgN

I tried adding my ID on the friends list but not sure how it saves with the data base XD

Either way, my ID is ShivaRpgN, don't hesitate to add me in the game. We might be able to achieve a lot in the last day if we all have each other added and go after the same raid bosses.

I'll be adding you Ventara. And thanks Darkologia.

coolasj19

Wait I'm confused. Are we complaining about people helping us? I mean I understand the 300 but people who choose to use their raid points twice on your boss and do over 5000 damage, I don't see the big deal. If you have a problem being lazy with your boss then give the same treatment or just delete him.

Or is that his boss you were helping with? Usually I just help out once and hope others follow suit but once it gets close to 30 minutes, I try to help that person out the most.

I'm basically done with my raid bosses so if I see you GAFers with some raid bosses, I'll help out.
Lol no. I'm not angry about the 5k guy. I didn't get a cap of the dude who does 300. This guy in the pic is the good example.
I think you're getting angry over nothing. As mentioned already, you literally lose nothing. Why get angry? Any help, no matter how minimal, is helpful.

Furthermore, maybe he's weak and you're misjudging? I've beaten Inti Lv50, but there are times when I just have bad luck and can only get in 4-5K, so it's not unreasonable for a starter to do under 1K.

Edit: So he's not new, but any help is still help. Anyways, add me if you want. I'm pretty much done fighting Raid bosses (except getting to 100 bosses defeated), so I can help. Maybe not much since I'm low on Spirit points, but enough. ID is Ventara.
Angry? No. Annoyed? Yes. Thus friends list isn't unlimited. And the meta-game is supposed to be mutually beneficial for everyone. Not parasitic. Also, add -GAF to your name. Preferential treatment and all.

If there's two people at 15 minutes left on the same raid boss at the same level, and I only have one token, I'm helping the -GAF guy/gal.

RpgN

coolasj said:
If there's two people at 15 minutes left on the same raid boss at the same level, and I only have one token, I'm helping the -GAF guy/gal.

Are you fighting a raid boss you discovered right now? Cuz I'm not seeing any of yours.

Right now only mine seems to be on display, a level 32 Belobog with 23k left.

What levels are your raid bosses you've beaten?

Mine:

Belobog 31
Miroku 16
Inti 16

Ventara

Lol no. I'm not angry about the 5k guy. I didn't get a cap of the dude who does 300. This guy in the pic is the good example.

Angry? No. Annoyed? Yes. Thus friends list isn't unlimited. And the meta-game is supposed to be mutually beneficial for everyone. Not parasitic. Also, add -GAF to your name. Preferential treatment and all.

I still don't think he's being parasitic because you're still benefiting. If he doesn't beat the boss, he gets nothing, and if he does beat the boss (like, if it only had 100 HP left), you'll end up saving a Raid point.

Anyways, I've added you, though I don't see any Raid bosses currently. I'll be sure to pitch in once I do.

coolasj19

Are you fighting a raid boss you discovered right now? Cuz I'm not seeing any of yours.
Mine:
Belobog 31
Miroku 16
Inti 16
If you're not playing constantly, there's a 5-10 window between the next ones. 4 from 100. Level 37 Inti. Level 10 Miroku. Level 15 Belobog. I only really expect help finishing them off... No need to burn your tokens if you can't one shot in. Otherwise everything takes me anywhere from 1-3 tokens. And I'm watching Mad Men and Game of Thrones. Gotta stop and pay attention when
spoiler spoiler haha you clicked
dies.

Ventara

Mine:

Belobog 31
Miroku 16
Inti 16

Did you beat it already? I don't see yours, and I just added you.

Anyways, mine are

Inti 50
Miroku 17
Belobog 17
94 total bosses beaten.

RpgN

I still don't think he's being parasitic because you're still benefiting. If he doesn't beat the boss, he gets nothing, and if he does beat the boss (like, if it only had 100 HP left), you'll end up saving a Raid point.

Anyways, I've added you, though I don't see any Raid bosses currently. I'll be sure to pitch in once I do.

Maybe the ones you're fighting don't show to others if the fight already started before they got added?

If you're not playing constantly, there's a 5-10 window between the next ones. 4 from 100. Level 37 Inti. Level 10 Miroku. Level 15 Belobog. I only really expect help finishing them off... No need to burn your tokens if you can't one shot in. Otherwise everything takes me anywhere from 1-3 tokens. And I'm watching Mad Men and Game of Thrones. Gotta stop and pay attention when
spoiler spoiler haha you clicked
dies.

I'm surprised the stats of the ones you've beaten don't differ too much from mine.

The idea is to try and fight as often as possible except for keeping one turn in case of emergency (as in someone needs it the most).

I'm checking constantly while browsing. Will continue to check while doing something else.

And Toma, what is your ID?

edit:

Ventara said:
Did you beat it already? I don't see yours, and I just added you.

Anyways, mine are

Inti 50
Miroku 17
Belobog 17
94 total bosses beaten.

Nope, he's still here though I found coolasj's Inti. Here it goes!

Toma

Mine:

Belobog 31
Miroku 16
Inti 16

Inti 50
Belobog 43
Miroku 39

Boss defeated: 255

Sent me your PSN ID if you want to add me, I dont want to post mine in the thread :p

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Seriously? What a jerk.

That sounds lazy.

The guy could have a really weak team that was one shotted every time except for one spirit.

Maybe it's lazy. Maybe it isn't. It costs you literally nothing. I can see someone coming from the perspective of limited friendlist space, but at the end of the day you'll have people on your friendlist that never does ANYthing for your Raids. Seems pointless to sweat it.

No one's being parasitic because no one is actually taking orbs away from you. You're still getting exactly as many orbs/stones as you would have without his help. They designed it this way intentionally.

Pancakesarelove

Neo Member
Inti level 42
Belobog level 24
Miroku level 22

184 bosses defeated (surprised over half the bosses defeated aren't mine).

Need 16 more bosses defeated to get that 10k B orbs.

Ventara

Yup, that's me.

I'm helping him out right now.

edit:

11k HP taken :D

Me too. Just finished him off. Good teamwork.

Inti 50
Belobog 43
Miroku 39

Boss defeated: 255

Sent me your PSN ID if you want to add me, I dont want to post mine in the thread :p

How'd you get such a relatively even split? I kept wanting to fight Miroku/Belobog, but Inti just kept showing up to rape me.

Amn

Neo Member
Just used all my tokens to help Amn and Toma raid bosses, i'll be back in 1 hour

Thanks a lot man, I'm stuck at around 46 for Belobog, so I'm trying to blast through as many raid encounters as possible to try to get that last green joker.

Toma

How'd you get such a relatively even split? I kept wanting to fight Miroku/Belobog, but Inti just kept showing up to rape me.

Whenever Inti Lvl 51 pops up, I use my tries only on friend raids.

Ventara

Whenever Inti Lvl 51 pops up, I use my tries only on friend raids.

Ah, right, I should do that for the next raid event. I've only been fighting the bosses seriously for the last week or so, so I couldn't get as far as I'd have wanted to.

RpgN

Ah, right, I should do that for the next raid event. I've only been fighting the bosses seriously for the last week or so, so I couldn't get as far as I'd have wanted to.

Same, I snapped in the last 2 days. It was from around 40+ to 83. If only I knew sooner :( Now I'm trying to make use of one freaking day and it's hard getting hold of raid bosses.

EGOMON

Thanks a lot man, I'm stuck at around 46 for Belobog, so I'm trying to blast through as many raid encounters as possible to try to get that last green joker.

Don't mention it happy i could help my token were setting idle there

Toma

I probably wont make that anymore, but I'll help you guys out as much as I can as well, just need level 40 Miroku and 30-40 more raid fights tomorrow. Might be doable.

coolasj19

I probably wont make that anymore, but I'll help you guys out as much as I can as well, just need level 40 Miroku and 30-40 more raid fights tomorrow. Might be doable.
I mean... Maybe if you plan on playing all day. I'm one Inti away from 40 and 1 away from 100. Then I need to do real life stuff and my orbs will be back for helping out.

Toma

I mean... Maybe if you plan on playing all day. I'm one Inti away from 40 and 1 away from 100. Then I need to do real life stuff and my orbs will be back for helping out.

I meant 30-40 friend raids, I only need one Miroku fight for myself, the rest is just to reach the 20.000 spirit orb reward for 300 bosses.

Top Bottom