• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny of Spirits |OT| Praise the Spirits of Shu's Voices

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Belobogs suck so badly. I can do more damage to level 76 Inti than to level 51 Belobog. It aint fair :(.

Trying to get to that Level 50 Belobog still, but all I get right now are Intis, argh.

Rixa

Thanks for the help! I just got... Lvl 77 Inti now :(

Where is Miroku 48! I might have to actually buy raid points at this rate.

Yea. You were the one I helped and notice this sad thing. Going too to buy raid points. Pursuing that 150 conquests. Also if I not get Belobogs. I can perhaps do 40 Inti & Miroku. But prolly not.

On the bright side. I found nice place to grind 3 Battles of red with some randomness. Lvl 9 mobs with red UC Princes. Sofar (in few days) gotten atleas 6 UC prince from those grinds.
It up on the DOS site. Looks good, but no Odin... :(

Link?

Rixa

Have any of you made or are you making "theme packs" from spirits found in game (or in expansion packs).

Here is my project, just got another URD, Still needing 1 more & 2 Verdandi. My theme pack is just for fun (and prolly delaying my expanding quite much, but I dont mind). The Norse mythology <3 Vikings and so on.
Where is my Hakkapeliitta?

2014-04-16-203536.jpg

2014-04-16-203527.jpg

2014-04-16-203533.jpg

Pancakesarelove

Neo Member
Have any of you made or are you making "theme packs" from spirits found in game (or in expansion packs).

Here is my project, just got another URD, Still needing 1 more & 2 Verdandi. My theme pack is just for fun (and prolly delaying my expanding quite much, but I dont mind). The Norse mythology <3 Vikings and so on.

I have one called giant ass beast. T-rex,Zilant, and Leviathan

Kalamoj

I'm building a greek god collection. I collected Hestia, Demeter, Dionysus, Apollo, Artemis, Hera, Hermes but still very far from complete.

B.O.O.M

I just need Black (or was it dark?) body to complete my __ body set

Pancakesarelove

Neo Member
I did notice. Barong is must thing when facing Belobog. Its first attack is so hard (rest of em are too).

I'd say inti is a must compared to the others. His first attack does extra damage. Don't remember Belobog doing the same.

@Boom it is Black Body. Can't believe Balck Body is so sought after. I only have one left compared to my other bodies.

EGOMON

I did notice. Barong is must thing when facing Belobog. Its first attack is so hard (rest of em are too).

Yeah i found Inti easier to deal with since you can negate his first super-attack with Barong the rest are relatively weak while Belobog is hard-hitting all around

Amn

Neo Member

I would love to do something like this (Greek or Norse gods, for example, or I'd love a collection of old Japanese men ;), but I can't justify giving up the space on spirits I don't use. I wish they let me buy more slots. I would drop a full $30 on slots alone.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I would love to do something like this (Greek or Norse gods, for example, or I'd love a collection of old Japanese men ;), but I can't justify giving up the space on spirits I don't use. I wish they let me buy more slots. I would drop a full $30 on slots alone.

I dont quite get why they wouldnt offer that. Is there any disadvantage for them (money wise) offering more spirit slots? It would just stir the "collect them all" instinct for most, which means more cash summons and more huge spirit collections.

Maybe its a server/storage thing, but eh.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Can't you just buy Destiny Orbs and use those Orbs to buy additional spirit inventory slots?

Rixa

I dont quite get why they wouldnt offer that. Is there any disadvantage for them (money wise) offering more spirit slots? It would just stir the "collect them all" instinct for most, which means more cash summons and more huge spirit collections.

I could easily use money to increase my storage size. Since this whole swapping from summoning to merging them takes time when you need to do it more than once (quite often).

Toma

I think the limit to buy is 50 slots more or so. My spirit storage is now max 71 and I cant buy more.

Yeah, I am at max 75 and I'd want way more.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Yeah, it's interesting that they limit storage spots because it will prevent people from spending money on both extra slots as well as extra spirits (no where to house them). Then again, there are a few other design choices that are head scratchers as well - the trading system (aka, one of the really awesome things about this game) is just terrible.

EGOMON

wow i didn't know there was a limit to the number of slots you can buy! thats just weird why even cap it? our collection will only grow bigger with time

Toma

wow i didn't know there was a limit to the number of slots you can buy! thats just weird why even cap it? our collection will only grow bigger with time

I think they sort of didnt expect everyone to go THIS crazy about it.

I mean who would want more than 100 of these non-pokemon spirits... right?

EGOMON

I think they sort of didnt expect everyone to go THIS crazy about it.

I mean who would want more than 100 of these non-pokemon spirits... right?

lol yeah when you put it that way it make sense, i still think that this game was just testing water and actually was a hit and i believe we will see a sequel or even better a new game with better mechanics all around

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
More than 100? I think I had over 500 spots in PAD before I quit. :( I had to collect them all.

Toma

lol yeah when you put it that way it make sense, i still think that this game was just testing water and actually was a hit and i believe we will see a sequel or even better a new game with better mechanics all around

Expansions please, restarting my 200 hours of work would hurt and would also lose them customers that dont feel like spending/losing money every time they switch the game.

Amn

Neo Member
Expansions please, restarting my 200 hours of work would hurt and would also lose them customers that dont feel like spending/losing money every time they switch the game.

They must realize this. Pokemon has been around for how long? DoS 2 would have to have some sort of import function.

Toma

They must realize this. Pokemon has been around for how long? DoS 2 would have to have some sort of import function.

Just use the MMO/WoW expansion model and add new planets for the next few years. They could easily just open up a small galaxy with some stars for new spirits.

Amn

Neo Member
Just use the MMO/WoW expansion model and add new planets for the next few years. They could easily just open up a small galaxy with some stars for new spirits.

I would love them to expand the gameplay more though. Don't know if expansions alone will hold my interest indefinitely.

Einherjar

Running out of raid points, and most people are making a mad rush on the last day so my friend list isn't helping :(

Toma share your infinite raid point secrets with me! Glitch my game plz lol.

Toma

I would love them to expand the gameplay more though. Don't know if expansions alone will hold my interest indefinitely.

What would you add? You could add improvements to the current version (UI, Trading, menus) and add more different concepts to other planets, for example have a smaller planet that does rotation battles or adds new hazards. I cant think of anything they couldnt add on a new planet as a mechanic.

Amn

Neo Member
What would you add? You could add improvements to the current version (UI, Trading, menus) and add more different concepts to other planets, for example have a smaller planet that does rotation battles or adds new hazards. I cant think of anything they couldnt add on a new planet as a mechanic.

I'm mainly thinking about improvements to combat to make it more engaging. As it stands right now, combat is just a means to collect more spirits, it isn't particularly fun or engaging on its own. It's just a wall that you have to keep smashing against in order to progress.

Salex_

@Dark: My current need list:

Greys, R, Light
Ah Puch, R, Dark
Wakan Tanka, R, Earth

If you have none I'll take almost any female R spirit lol.
I have those 3 if you still need them. Looking almost for any R fire, wood, or earth spirit.
Got a Veles. I can trade it to Ixchel (if you have one to trade).

Yeah, I have a Ixchel. PSN is in my profile or PM me.
FR send. When you have accepted it, would you be kind and put Ixchel to your trade slot and Ill go and put Veles to there (and after that you accept it).
My tradeslots are full :p.
It's there now. I wasn't sure how to do it at first, first time using the trade slot lol.

Rixa

I have those 3 if you still need them. Looking almost for any R fire, wood, or earth spirit.

Got a Veles. I can trade it to Ixchel (if you have one to trade).

Yeah, I have a Ixchel. PSN is in my profile or PM me.

FR send. When you have accepted it, would you be kind and put Ixchel to your trade slot and Ill go and put Veles to there (and after that you accept it).
My tradeslots are full :p.

Mockduck

Neo Member
I don't really understand how raid events work in the game: It seems like a raid boss (event, not on the world map) can kill your entire party, but nothing really happens other than you re-start with the same party, with all of your party members' hit points back, but the raid boss is at whatever health it was at when you wiped?

For raid events, I don't get how death and progress works. Help?

EGOMON

I don't really understand how raid events work in the game: It seems like a raid boss (event, not on the world map) can kill your entire party, but nothing really happens other than you re-start with the same party, with all of your party members' hit points back, but the raid boss is at whatever health it was at when you wiped?

For raid events, I don't get how death and progress works. Help?

Raid Boss has levels form 1 to 99 it doesn't matter how many times you need to die to kill it the purpose is to kill as many as possible cause there are rewards attached to it for example killing 10 boss will give you 1000 Spirit Points (blue orbs) or killing Inti lvl 5 will give you Joker of Water also killing Miroku lvl 15 will add this boss to your spirits collection etc you can check the rewards of the event under "Conquest Info" tab

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Man, I really need a Water Joker.

Also, for those in Europe or otherwise near Egypt, I need a Nephthys to limit break. It's just an Uncommon, but it's so far away from me that I can't farm that area as reliably as I'd like to for a random drop. If anyone gets a Nephthys that they're willing to get rid of, please let me know.

Rixa

Thanks to getting 150 conquests in raid (and getting 8k spirit points) I made summoning round and spend 19100 summoning stones. This is what I got:

4 x R Cernunnos, Abzu, Excalibur, Vampire Hunter
30 x UC
33 x C

Top Bottom