• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny of Spirits |OT| Praise the Spirits of Shu's Voices

TheAznOne

I was going to complain about getting stuck with Bad Luck after losing the 2 days of Great Blessing - but I just got this little beauty from a destiny summon so I consider that breaking even.

vkFZTUX.jpg

Nice. I had one waiting for me in my inbox. Traded it for one of the raid bosses. Can't wait to level her up.

That would be awesome since i already used up all my tokens, thanks
No prob. Always try to help out the fellow GAFers who are on my friendslist whenever I see one open.

The optimism, strong it is in this one.

It will be done if I get the chance.

Rixa

Gonna mess around with this tomorrow if the servers are back up. Any tips for early game stuff?

Use your free orbs and buy more spirit slots (10 orbs 5 slots).
If you get Joker of Element [Fire/Water/Earth/Metal/Wood] use it to break levelmax of Super Rare spirit, othervise it might be not so well spend.

^^ Ask in this thread if you have question. Youll normally get fast answer since here is almost someone to answer (players from Eu & Asia & Am).

TheAznOne

Gonna mess around with this tomorrow if the servers are back up. Any tips for early game stuff?

Try to get a few spirits of each element depending on your storage space.

If your unsure what your facing, you can scout the battle. Just enter a battle without a rental spirit. Once the battle starts, see what you're dealing with then click the element wheel to pause and click the flee button to flee the battle.

Depending on your luck, you can just farm for Stone and Points. You can replay the same level anytime besides bosses areas.

Honey Bunny

Use your free orbs and buy more spirit slots (10 orbs 5 slots).
If you get Joker of Element [Fire/Water/Earth/Metal/Wood] use it to break levelmax of Super Rare spirit, othervise it might be not so well spend.

^^ Ask in this thread if you have question. Youll normally get fast answer since here is almost someone to answer (players from Eu & Asia & Am).

Ive managed without buying extra slots, it's frustrating but I've managed. Id much rather have a good rare at the start than unnecessary extra slots.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Ive managed without buying extra slots, it's frustrating but I've managed. Id much rather have a good rare at the start than unnecessary extra slots.

You need slots eventually. I have a fighting team of 20 Level 35-40 spirits, and you dont get far every day without a big roster of spirits to choose from. The bigger the fighting team, the better.

Rixa

Its the question do you want to avoid being frustradet or not. I personally would buy more slots but for unknown silly (server issues?) reason we cant, buying is limited to 45 slots. My spirit slots are at the momemt limited to 72, also my game mail inbox has 20 spirits waiting to be used.
From those 72 slots Ive got around 50 slots in use for spirits either being upgraded or waiting merging time. Its a neverending issue with free slots.

You have reached the max amount of buyable slots.

I know, been there along. But the reason I dont understand why its limited. One would think that Developers want more money and increasing limit of spirit slots you can buy would be simple thing to do. Would be easier to merge 5 same colour to one spirit when you can save your C/UC youre going to merge, when youre not constantly battleing with spirit slot size.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Its the question do you want to avoid being frustradet or not. I personally would buy more slots but for unknown silly (server issues?) reason we cant, buying is limited to 45 slots. My spirit slots are at the momemt limited to 72, also my game mail inbox has 20 spirits waiting to be used.
From those 72 slots Ive got around 50 slots in use for spirits either being upgraded or waiting merging time. Its a neverending issue with free slots.

You have reached the max amount of buyable slots.

DC1

I was going to complain about getting stuck with Bad Luck after losing the 2 days of Great Blessing - but I just got this little beauty from a destiny summon so I consider that breaking even.

vkFZTUX.jpg
But bad luck is the most awesome aspect of the game. You get a fantastic serving of blue orbs with no 'real' penalty on SR or R acquisitions (I obtained a couple of rares and a TRex on a Bad Luck day)

The play is to always live in 'average' while replaying easy zones like a feverish rabbit on 'Great Blessing' and 'Bad Luck' days.

Rixa

New info about maintenance.

DoS said:
During our final checks, we've confirmed that the server problems have not been completely recovered yet, so we need to continue the maintenance of the server.
We've been trying our best to restart service as soon as possible, however, we expect that it will take some more time for recovery.

DC1

For now...
But as you build up you Rare collection and obtain a few SR's, you'll realize pretty quickly how valuable those slots are.

I currently have 7 SR and routinely get rares when hunting. 55 slot with 20 available to play with.
The most time consuming aspects of the game (not bad, just part of the game), is slot space management.

Razma1

So I will buy some slots with my souls when I wake up if its up then.

Is having friends who play a big deal? I play some mobile games and for sure friends are a must on those and active ones at that.

Toma

So I will buy some slots with my souls when I wake up if its up then.

Is having friends who play a big deal? I play some mobile games and for sure friends are a must on those and active ones at that.

Yep, here too, but dont worry, you'll get plenty of friend requests ingame that you dont need to communicate with. Just accept as many friends as you have open spaces and you are good.

Honey Bunny

You need slots eventually. I have a fighting team of 20 Level 35-40 spirits, and you dont get far every day without a big roster of spirits to choose from. The bigger the fighting team, the better.

I know, been there along. But the reason I dont understand why its limited. One would think that Developers want more money and increasing limit of spirit slots you can buy would be simple thing to do. Would be easier to merge 5 same colour to one spirit when you can save your C/UC youre going to merge, when youre not constantly battleing with spirit slot size.

For now...
But as you build up you Rare collection and obtain a few SR's, you'll realize pretty quickly how valuable those slots are.

I currently have 7 SR and routinely get rares when hunting. 55 slot with 20 available to play with.
The most time consuming aspects of the game (not bad, just part of the game), is slot space management.

...Right, but he asked for tips about early game stuff. I'm assuming you don't have 7 SRs and 50 spirits awaiting upgrades in the early-game. At that stage like I said, a good rare will be more valuable to you than extra slots, which are a luxury then (but a necessity later on). And having at least one ADV summon is important if you ever want to trade for another adv summon, I don't even have a spare adv after probably 50 hours of playing. If you're a player who doesn't mind spending a lot of money though, this is all trivial.

Toma

...Right, but he asked for tips about early game stuff. I'm assuming you don't have 7 SRs and 50 spirits awaiting upgrades in the early-game. At that stage like I said, a good rare will be more valuable to you than extra slots, which are a luxury then (but a necessity later on). And having at least one ADV summon is important if you ever want to trade for another adv summon, I don't even have a spare adv after probably 50 hours of playing. If you're a player who doesn't mind spending a lot of money though, this is all trivial.

I had around 10-15 fighting spirits at level 15-20 early on, which I felt was more important than a single slightly better one :)

Opinions and all that ;)

Toma

Wow, those must've taken some grinding to level up competitively.

Yeah, around 5-6 days after I started playing I had 2 great blessing days on which I grinded out about 160k summoning stones. That helped a lot in levelling a sizeable team, especially with the pure breeding bonusses for UCs.

Rixa

And having at least one ADV summon is important if you ever want to trade for another adv summon, I don't even have a spare adv after probably 50 hours of playing. If you're a player who doesn't mind spending a lot of money though, this is all trivial.

I had 2 advanced summons, I used one early to another (Brigit to Brigit). Now I got only one Brigit. Åroblem for me is that I haven got another Brigit and stupidly used one Fire Joker to Brigit (Now my Calluihin is at 45max and Ive got 0 Jokers Brigit being in 30max). Brigit is in my normal summon lottery but havent got it.

So being only in one or in zero ADV summon is not a problem. Ive managed very well without it. Tho I know when DDI comes I use money to buy orbs and use them to those.

If youre not spending money to this game getting Divine Orbs is hard. At the moment you get around 20 of them in one month (after 20 days were not getting secondary daily reward, hopefully they fix this too). And for 35 Orbs you get in the start of the game lets you do 1 advanced summon.

In the long run, bigger reward is getting 15 spirit slots more (30 orbs) than doing one advanced summon (30 orbs).

Edit:

http://www.jp.playstation.com/op/players/dos/en/important/emergency_maintenance_1115utc.html
It's just a comedy of errors at this point.
I fully expect this to not be up at all today and everybody losing their 30 days login.

There is a hope. Its over 2h old news. I wasnt online yesterday due to these server issues.

Toma

DC1

Fair and all true.
However, I missed when he referenced how many zones he freed. While it's completely reasonable and doable to progress through the game with limited slots, having those extra slots presents a flexibility that makes the game play less stressful.

I would also add (for the record) that I wasn't spirit bragging ...who would do that! :)
I was simply emphasizing that as you progress through the game you will naturally obtain very powerful spirits and as such, workable merging slots will become a premium.

Just to be clear, your advice is sound and true.

Honey Bunny

Yeah, around 5-6 days after I started playing I had 2 great blessing days on which I grinded out about 160k summoning stones. That helped a lot in levelling a sizeable team, especially with the pure breeding bonusses for UCs.

160k in 2 days? You're a force of nature.

Ricker

I got hunts the first day I tried this but not a single one since(guess I have to try it outside the house now or get lucky someone in my area plays the game...?)...been like 16 days straight now...I managed to get my stuff yesterday amongst all the errors though,until the Darkness Boss just wasn't showing so I stopped...

DC1

I got hunts the first day I tried this but not a single one since(guess I have to try it outside the house now or get lucky someone in my area plays the game...?)...been like 16 days straight now...I managed to get my stuff yesterday amongst all the errors though,until the Darkness Boss just wasn't showing so I quit...
You have to travel at least 1 mile/k from your previous hunt location for the game 'find' hunting results.

Kalamoj

I had 2 advanced summons, I used one early to another (Brigit to Brigit). Now I got only one Brigit. Åroblem for me is that I haven got another Brigit and stupidly used one Fire Joker to Brigit (Now my Calluihin is at 45max and Ive got 0 Jokers Brigit being in 30max). Brigit is in my normal summon lottery but havent got it.

So being only in one or in zero ADV summon is not a problem. Ive managed very well without it. Tho I know when DDI comes I use money to buy orbs and use them to those.

If youre not spending money to this game getting Divine Orbs is hard. At the moment you get around 20 of them in one month (after 20 days were not getting secondary daily reward, hopefully they fix this too). And for 35 Orbs you get in the start of the game lets you do 1 advanced summon.

In the long run, bigger reward is getting 15 spirit slots more (30 orbs) than doing one advanced summon (30 orbs).

Edit:

There is a hope. Its over 2h old news. I wasnt online yesterday due to these server issues.

I'd gladly trade my Cuhullin if you want it for limit break.

shink

as i said before, create a trophy for consecutive logins, take down servers just before 30th day

I like how their tweet 4 hours ago gave this glimmer of hope and an estimated completion time and then three hours later from that tweet it's back to who knows when.

Rixa

I'd gladly trade my Cuhullin if you want it for limit break.

Sounds good:
What you want for it? Another SR or multiple (3 for example) R?

Only SR I can trade it for is Artemis.
But if you dont Like Artemis, I can look (when DoS works) what R's I do have.
I remember having atleast, Vampire Hunter, Inti, Belobog (2 if I dont remember wrong), And that 3rd light R + those 3 R from Dark Raids.

Toma

Demon Gaze and No Heroes Allowed:No Puzzles either are nice replacements during the server downtime btw.

Kalamoj

Sounds good:
What you want for it? Another SR or multiple (3 for example) R?

Only SR I can trade it for is Artemis.

But if you dont Like Artemis, I can look (when DoS works) what R's I do have.
I remember having atleast, Vampire Hunter, Inti, Belobog (2 if I dont remember wrong), And that 3rd light R + those 3 R from Dark Raids.

Deal. I need an Artemis to LB mine.
Cuhullin is in my trade list.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Thankfully I don't have to worry about the 30 days thingy because I managed to log in during those 10 minutes of availability earlier today :p

putermcgee

It's laughable that the trophy is apparently the holy grail, and if someone misses out on it, they're going to quit.

For one, I doubt that quitting it going to affect anything. They either have your money, or probably weren't going to get any of it in the first place.

And if someone's enjoyment of a game rests on this one trophy, one that still can be obtained, I can't imagine they're going to stay interested in it long enough to get the 100% freed areas trophy.

Rixa

Thankfully I don't have to worry about the 30 days thingy because I managed to log in during those 10 minutes of availability earlier today :p

Its been almost 48h for me without login due to these little problems they have. Surprises me how hard they have messed or underestimated things.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'd love the see the activity of the game before and after this debacle. I think it's going to suffer quite a bit long-term.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
It's laughable that the trophy is apparently the holy grail, and if someone misses out on it, they're going to quit.

For one, I doubt that quitting it going to affect anything. They either have your money, or probably weren't going to get any of it in the first place.

And if someone's enjoyment of a game rests on this one trophy, one that still can be obtained, I can't imagine they're going to stay interested in it long enough to get the 100% freed areas trophy.

The problem with this thinking is you're going under the assumption that there will be a 30 day long stretch where they don't have a ridiculous amount of maintenance in a single day (or literally down for an entire day). Given the games online status so far I really don't think that is a safe assumption.

DC1

I'd love the see the activity of the game before and after this debacle. I think it's going to suffer quite a bit long-term.
50% drop off minimum.

I'm crazy and will be camping in the bushes until they walk out the restaurant.

Top Bottom