• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny of Spirits |OT| Praise the Spirits of Shu's Voices

Ventara

Yeah, it's 4 hours for me.

Anyways, I'm surprisingly not upset anymore. I think I really might have had an addiction to this game that has mostly subsided now. I don't think I even care anymore if I lose the number of continuous days I've logged in.

Not sure if I should return to playing it or not, but I probably will if its back on tonight. Oh, and somebody suggested that this game should be called Destiny of Maintenance; that gave me a good laugh.

not up yet?
(sorry for the question, but I don't have access to check)

nope next update in 2 hours

iMOeV9pOB9k8h.gif

DC1

nope next update in 2 hours

iMOeV9pOB9k8h.gif
1 hour. We should get it at 5:30 est. Please tell me my math is not off.

Edit:
I'm sure I'm right.
The last update was at 16:30 UT. They said the next update will be within 6 hours. Quick math tells me that 6 hours later converts to 5:30 est. @45 minutes from now.

Amn

Neo Member

Anyways, I'm surprisingly not upset anymore. I think I really might have had an addiction to this game that has mostly subsided now. I don't think I even care anymore if I lose the number of continuous days I've logged in.

Not sure if I should return to playing it or not, but I probably will if its back on tonight. Oh, and somebody suggested that this game should be called Destiny of Maintenance; that gave me a good laugh.

Good to hear. It'll actually be interesting to see if you keep playing after coming back to the game with clear eyes, or whether the addiction factor was all that kept you going.

DC1

I prefer that you don't walk away. Drowning yourself in a bottle is aways better with friends.

Ventara

So there's gonna be an update soon? I guess the 30 day trophy will have to wait. Lol, I knew I shouldn't have slept and kept checking the game every 3 minutes to have logged in during the 5 minute span it was on.

I prefer that you don't walk away. Drowning yourself in a bottle is aways better with friends.

Do we have drunkenly brawls? And who's the designated driver?

Ricker

I am sure they will do something for people who lose their streak because of this maintenance....the problem is because the game is super popular after all,so how can they not,even if its free to play.

TheAznOne

Welp while I still have the logins, I'm gonna lose out on farming since I got Great Blessing today. I really wanted to do a 100k summon run :(.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I am sure they will do something for people who lose their streak because of this maintenance....the problem is because the game is super popular after all,so how can they not,even if its free to play.

Why would they do that?

They really should give some Orbs, maybe some free random spirits for all. But if you reset the 30 days played then everybody who wanted the trophy either plays for another 30 days straight or they just quit.

Also I'm not even sure if theres anything they can do about it technically. Would seem like a complicated thing to fix.

DC1

Do we have drunkenly brawls? And who's the designated driver?

Yes. But then we hug it out.
There's no designated driver; just lost keys and a groggy morning with questions like:
1- what the heck happened?
2- are you ok?
3- how many orbs do we have left?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
■Emergency Maintenance Update (4/23 22:30 UTC)
This is an update on the ongoing maintenance which began at 11:15 April 22(UTC).
The investigation and recovery work have not been completed yet.
Maintenance is being carried out to address the issue, and we will inform you of the scheduled completion time once that information is available.
Our deepest apologies and thank you for your patience.

not even giving a time table.

Vamphuntr

This is the news about the game from the past seven days from the official website.

Stability/Availability has been poor indeed.

The team wasn't probably ready yet for something of this scale. Hopefully they quickly get back on their feet.

At least they aren't giving an ETA anymore. It only leads to more disappointment. I do wonder what kind of maintenance they are doing. Maintenance for big MMOs like WOW don't last that long.

Ventara

Yes. But then we hug it out.
There's no designated driver; just lost keys and a groggy morning with questions like:
1- what the heck happened?
2- are you ok?
3- how many orbs do we have left?

4- why Kuko, Amaterasu, and Izanami aren't answering your calls
5- why's my wallet empty

lol

■Emergency Maintenance Update (4/23 22:30 UTC)
This is an update on the ongoing maintenance which began at 11:15 April 22(UTC).
The investigation and recovery work have not been completed yet.
Maintenance is being carried out to address the issue, and we will inform you of the scheduled completion time once that information is available.
Our deepest apologies and thank you for your patience.

not even giving a time table.

Oh man, it's starting to seem more and more likely they accidentally deleted everything during a drunken party to celebrate the game's success. There's only one thing left to do; they must perform sudoku and regain their honor. And give me all the advanced AS spirits.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Oh man, it's starting to seem more and more likely they accidentally deleted everything during a drunken party to celebrate the game's success. There's only one thing left to do; they must perform sudoku and regain their honor. And give me all the advanced AS spirits.

Maybe this is exactly like that MMO that accidentally deleted the entire game off their server and had to shut down the whole thing.

maybe they pissed off some cheating hackers, and they heartbleed bug in and deleted everything like Ventara said. because we all know how well sony is at handling updating their security updates on the servers.

Ventara

Maybe this is exactly like that MMO that accidentally deleted the entire game off their server and had to shut down the whole thing.

They can still recover, though. I don't think many will be particularly mad if they had to start a new slate if they had a bunch of advance SR spirits waiting for them in the mailbox. Just saying...

So if the game doesn't come back, will this thread turn into a rehabilitation center?

I literally started this game 2 days ago. My timing is impeccable. Played all night. Went to class in the morning. Tethered my phone to log in. Maintenance. Nothing since.

My pain is, of course, nothing compared to those of you who were already way further toward the 30 day trophy but I really do have to laugh at my timing.

putermcgee

On the bright side, Wayward Souls comes out today, so I'm looking forward to uninterrupted play time with that. Also, my Vita is packed with other games I guess I could finally play (shhh, don't tell anyone, but I only just started playing Gravity Rush).

At this point, I don't think it's a matter of just adding servers. And I feel bad for the people who are probably pulling longer shifts than the already ridiculous shifts that are so common in Japan. I've worked in server maintenance before, so I know it sucks when something doesn't work and you just have to stay there till it does.

DC1

Their twitter says 6 hours for next update.
That tweet is from the earlier update.

I'm very sad.... time to play some Sounds and Shapes, followed by Game of Thrones (PS3 game ..not so bad) and closed up by the Hobbit on the PS4.

To think that this crazy Vita game captured the very essence of Free to Play done right. It only makes sense that the Man had to shut it down.

DC1

4- why Kuko, Amaterasu, and Izanami aren't answering your calls
5- why's my wallet empty

lol

Hmmm this is all reasonable. I Ready for documentary.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I am starting to like the name "Destiny of Maintenances" that someone threw up earlier. Thread needs a rename.

Fewr

1 minute. The dream is truly dead.

I was about to ask if it was up yet, but I see it's not.

I'm thinking about quitting and sticking to wake up club only instead. Any wake up club OT or friends I could add?
Tks

EDIT: couldn't they unlock the trophy for everyone who logs in for a period of 24hrs.

ReaperXL7

I already decided that I'm finished with the game. It's a shame because I was enjoying it but it's clear that the game is just broken, I guess add it to the pile of games that hurt the online required "feature".

RpgN

There goes our streak for dat trophy...

This game is riddled with maintenance notices, failed service connection and slower perfomance than usual.

What was the beta for then?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I already decided that I'm finished with the game. It's a shame because I was enjoying it but it's clear that the game is just broken, I guess add it to the pile of games that hurt the online required "feature".

Sad to see you guys go. Dont throw your spirits over board, maybe you guys jump back in when they add some neat spirits or they finally sort this shit out eventually.

RpgN

Hey now, what will become of this thread and the community when you guys leave? One of the reasons why this game is enjoyable is because of people like you.

I haven't decided anything. I'll just wait and see what happens. If these kind of problems keep on persisting, then I'll be gone too. Hopefully they are there just because the game is still recent...

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I went to a Coinstar with ~$4 on coins so I could top off my Amazon account with a gift card code and buy a $10 PSN Code so I could dump it into the No Heroes Allowed Mega-Pack, find something else to do now that Destiny of Spirits is dead or something. Thing is, I apparently didn't hit a minimum amount of the gift card so it took my money, said fuck you we're taking 10% and you get a cash voucher, and didn't give me a refund option. So now I have 3 one dollar bills and some change. Is this a sign? Maybe I shouldn't leave Destiny of Spirits so quickly. Or maybe I should just go back, give it a $5 bill, and collect my gift card anyway.

My decision to leave has been postponed... for now.

putermcgee

I went to a Coinstar with ~$4 on coins so I could top off my Amazon account with a gift card code and buy a $10 PSN Code so I could dump it into the No Heroes Allowed Mega-Pack
Is there an OT for that game? Some of the store items work for me, but when I try to buy more picks, the store says there are no items.

The F2P model in No Heroes Allowed is really good, and I hope more developers follow its lead (if they must go with F2P in the first place, that is).

Toma

Is there an OT for that game? Some of the store items work for me, but when I try to buy more picks, the store says there are no items.

The F2P model in No Heroes Allowed is really good, and I hope more developers follow its lead (if they must go with F2P in the first place, that is).

You need to search for the "Megapack" on PSN. That will allow you to get unlimited picks, and lots of slots/pages for 10$, basically making it a full game for $10 without any F2P constraints.

Top Bottom