• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny of Spirits |OT| Praise the Spirits of Shu's Voices

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
50% drop off minimum.

I'm crazy and will be camping in the bushes until they walk out the restaurant.

They'll all come back eventually. The addiction is too strong. Otherwise we wouldnt still bumping this thread all day long :p

Vamphuntr

I really doubt again this was caused by too many people accessing the game at the same time. Seems more and more likely it's a problem with server itself. The fact it sometimes took 3-4 attempts to connect during the last few days probably didn't help and was the first symptom that something was wrong.

I'm excited to see the compensation we will get.

SeZMehK

I really doubt again this was caused by too many people accessing the game at the same time. Seems more and more likely it's a problem with server itself. The fact it sometimes took 3-4 attempts to connect during the last few days probably didn't help and was the first symptom that something was wrong.

They better give something or all hell will break loose. XD

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

The fact we were having login issues in the past few days sounds exactly like server overload.

Also, they probably won't give us anything.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'm guessing something like 60 DO.

I'd rather have a new batch of units released. Release a Soul Sacrifice or God of War set of spirits and all will be forgiven.

Dragun619

Woke up, and it's still not up? Daaamn.

For compensation, I would love it if they temporarily gave us the option to summon from either EU or AS Advance/ Regular pool.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I want a light joker, which was my Raid goal anyway.

Give me a light joker and I shall forgive.

They gave us free orbs twice already for unexpected maintenance...

Which were waaaaaaay less severe than this.

DC1

They'll all come back eventually. The addiction is too strong. Otherwise we wouldnt still bumping this thread all day long :p

Sooo.. The 30 second high that I get from capturing a zone and/or getting a SR is like smoking crack?

Yeah.. I can get with that. :)

Toma

Yeah, I get older game stuff that people are still playing too, but I'm trying to think of a recent game that had Near support.

Demon Gaze.

Sooo.. The 30 second high that I get from capturing a zone and/or getting a SR is like smoking crack?

Yeah.. I can get with that. :)

Hopelessly helpless, and I feeling good.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
It's laughable that the trophy is apparently the holy grail, and if someone misses out on it, they're going to quit.
For one, I doubt that quitting it going to affect anything. They either have your money, or probably weren't going to get any of it in the first place.
And if someone's enjoyment of a game rests on this one trophy, one that still can be obtained, I can't imagine they're going to stay interested in it long enough to get the 100% freed areas trophy.
Could you be a tad more patronizing please? Thanks.

First off, the trophy is a hook. And I've been working at that hook for a month now. I've but in minutes every day of my life for the last month to satisfy the means for that trophy. I have wasted my time. I don't take lightly to a game wasting my time like that. Secondly, it's called opportunity cost. "Probably not going to get it", implies that at some point they could, and that's good enough for them. And besides, it's not about them. You don't quit playing a F2P game to hurt the company, that's absurd. And thirdly, I doubt this trophy will be easily attainable if they ever have to do such severe maintenance again. This game already wasted my time once, why would I waste more? Sure the trophy is still attainable, but there's a limit to just how much time I'm going to invest in this game. I never wanted 100% for this game (no Platinum is dumb) but I would have gladly settled at 90%.

I still haven't decided if I'll pick the game up again when it's back up but this maintenance break is bad for the more immediate player base activity. Part of this game is the routine. And when the routine is broken, it's very easy to take a step back, observe, and realize that may indeed have better things to do.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Part of this game is the routine. And when the routine is broken, it's very easy to take a step back, observe, and realize that may indeed have better things to do.

This is exactly it. This is how I got out of my PAD obsession. Couldn't play for two days... then realized I was totally wasting so much time.

DC1

This is exactly it. This is how I got out of my PAD obsession. Couldn't play for two days... then realized I was totally wasting so much time.
Actually this help convince me not to drop another 20 into the orb market. I'm just incredibly obsessed with getting Lady of Depths. Here's hoping that we get a major 'please come back to us' offer.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Another 6 hours.
I'm going to lose my 30 days.

This is an update on the ongoing maintenance which began at 11:15 April 22(UTC).
We're sorry to announce that the investigation and recovery work have not been completed yet.
Please expect another update on our current progress from us in about 6 hours.
Again, we deeply apologize for the inconvenience caused by this extended emergency maintenance.
Thank you for your understanding and support.

Toma

3 hours ago they said new information would pop up about... now. So hopefully we get some good news soon.

Another 6 hours.
I'm going to lose my 30 days.

Yay! New info!

Now if this isnt just dandy.

Takao

Banned
Sony must've been cheap on the servers, because Q? Entertainment hosts a Vita MMO in Japan, so they have experience with this sort of game.

Toma

Sony must've been cheap on the servers, because Q? Entertainment hosts a Vita MMO in Japan, so they have experience with this sort of game.

Hopefully they are using this incident to stock up on server capacity.

Vamphuntr

They should give themselves 24-48 hours to solve the issue instead of pushing the deadline every 3-6 hours. Hopefully it will fix the issue for good.

EGOMON

Good thing am still retaining my consecutive login, the downtime always happens when i am asleep i woke up get the bonus then BAM server is down!

Mockduck

Neo Member
Yeah I too am really bummed about losing my work to earn that darn 30-day trophy. I don't know if I have it in me to start from scratch again. Game's a lot of fun, but losing all that work is too frustrating.

Seriously, though: If you are a game maker, DON'T DO 30-DAY TROPHIES! It's also the reason I uninstalled Wake Up Club (missing out on my window and having to start over due to a wifi glitch.)

I have been playing this game in the last days and I am enjoying it a lot, but the "hunt" feature is broken for me, I have the European version since I was living in Germany and now that I am in America, I was excited that I will get something cool, but Near doesn't work, I have been 30 minutes trying to update my location and keeps telling me it can't found it :/

EGOMON

I have been playing this game in the last days and I am enjoying it a lot, but the "hunt" feature is broken for me, I have the European version since I was living in Germany and now that I am in America, I was excited that I will get something cool, but Near doesn't work, I have been 30 minutes trying to update my location and keeps telling me it can't found it :/

Try using this website to update your AP location, it worked for me
http://www.skyhookwireless.com/howitworks/submit_ap.php

Yeah I too am really bummed about losing my work to earn that darn 30-day trophy. I don't know if I have it in me to start from scratch again. Game's a lot of fun, but losing all that work is too frustrating.

Seriously, though: If you are a game maker, DON'T DO 30-DAY TROPHIES! It's also the reason I uninstalled Wake Up Club (missing out on my window and having to start over due to a wifi glitch.)

I'm still using Wake Up Club. Only 30-something more days till I get all the trophies! But I have 2 late risings, which ruined almost a year long streak of early risings. And I didn't even get up late, I got up before the alarm went off and forgot to turn off Wake Up Club.

This is sad. Shit happens, but nearly 24 hours of outages and spotty availability will kill a social game like this. I just got the Greys man, I need to start leveling them up!

Top Bottom