• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny of Spirits |OT| Praise the Spirits of Shu's Voices

Pancakesarelove

Neo Member
Is there an OT for that game? Some of the store items work for me, but when I try to buy more picks, the store says there are no items.

The F2P model in No Heroes Allowed is really good, and I hope more developers follow its lead (if they must go with F2P in the first place, that is).

The megapack for $10 basically removes the wait time right? I should start playing it to replace Destiny of Maintenance.

Going to pick up either Demon Gaze or Conception II this week. Recommendations? Also just got Puyopuyo Tetris, can't wait to play it,

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
The megapack for $10 basically removes the wait time right? I should start playing it to replace Destiny of Maintenance.

Going to pick up either Demon Gaze or Conception II this week. Recommendations? Also just got Puyopuyo Tetris, can't wait to play it,

Demon Gaze has been really fun. Debating Conception myself but I've heard more mixed things about it

There is a demo for Conception and I recommend checking it out. Its not "bad" by any means, but it just feels so... derivative and bland, especially with the actual level design compared to Demon Gaze. Demon Gaze is challenging and interesting, while Conception missed a few elements to actually engage me in it.

Dont get me wrong, I definitely will play Conception at one point, but not for 40$. I suggest Demon Gaze for full price, and checking out the Conception demo for 2 hours at no cost.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
EDIT: I found the OT, so we can get back to DoS talk here.
We could talk about which games you guys are playing to overcome the maintenance, which means this topic was actually not off topic :p

Okay, DoS talk...

As I mentioned earlier, I literally started 2 days ago. Any advice for a newbie? I used my 30 free orbs from the tutorial on a Gravity Rush summon and got Spy Kat so she's been my main damage dealer, especially since the day I started was a fire element day.

baekshi

Banned
Okay, DoS talk...

As I mentioned earlier, I literally started 2 days ago. Any advice for a newbie? I used my 30 free orbs from the tutorial on a Gravity Rush summon and got Spy Kat so she's been my main damage dealer, especially since the day I started was a fire element day.

Throw away all your Commons.

Okay, DoS talk...

Start using your orbs to get more spirit slots. 50+ atleast.

baekshi

Banned
I kinda figured that on my own. Although what I was doing was merging them to level up rares/uncommons. Or is that bad? Anything else?

I don't merge Commons with UC/R/SR because they give so little experience point and take so much Spirit points at higher levels. What I sometimes do is merge the Common with UC that I'm going merge with another spirit.

putermcgee

I kinda figured that on my own. Although what I was doing was merging them to level up rares/uncommons. Or is that bad? Anything else?
It's not efficient to merge your C spirits into Rs, but I do it all the time. I've never sold a spirit intentionally. The thing is, I think you might get more Spirit Points from selling a C than the cost in Spirit Points you use when merging them. For me, though, that also means my spirits aren't getting any experience at all.

I think when starting out, the best strategy is to build up some good UC spirits. There are several UCs that are useful for a long time, and they don't cost a lot to use in battle.

Like others have said, using Orbs to increase your collection size is a better option than Advance Summons. You'll be ready to snap your Vita in half after going back and forth between summoning and merging when you only have space for 3 at a time.

Okay, so a couple of you have said "start using my orbs to increase collection size". However, I assume that aside from the tutorial and any compensation for downtime, the only source of orbs is real money. Is this right?

I wasn't looking to sink any sort of money into this game. Just seemed like a good way to pass the time while waiting on Child of Light and later Mind=Zero and Transistor.

Noi

Okay, so a couple of you have said "start using my orbs to increase collection size". However, I assume that aside from the tutorial and any compensation for downtime, the only source of orbs is real money. Is this right?

I wasn't looking to sink any sort of money into this game. Just seemed like a good way to pass the time while waiting on Child of Light and later Mind=Zero and Transistor.

You get orbs for free as continued login bonuses, the thing many people are suffering over right now.

Pancakesarelove

Neo Member
We could talk about which games you guys are playing to overcome the maintenance, which means this topic was actually not off topic :p

Also recommend stating to level out your UCs first as they are most useful early on. If you get a SR by chance, ignore it for now. Basalisk, Werewolf, and Griffin (okay but that 1.5 party cost is what makes it good) are good choices imo. Also Greys is my favorites AM summon that I still use because of it's massive attack for a noncash R. What is your current party, we can give you recommendations on what to keep or to ignore.

Also recommend stating to level out your UCs first as they are most useful early on. If you get a SR by chance, ignore it for now. Basalisk, Werewolf, and Griffin (okay but that 1.5 party cost is what makes it good) are good choices imo. Also Greys is my favorites AM summon that I still use because of it's massive attack for a noncash R. What is your current party, we can give you recommendations on what to keep or to ignore.

I love my Greys. I alternate between that and Spy Kat as my lead spirit. As for what my current party is, it changes like every battle. I've been putting out Spy Kat in lead if the fight is going to have chaos spirits that are either weak to fire or at least not water, another spirit of proper element in the 2nd slot, and renting a friend's Light spirit (only costs me 20, so I don't mind) for my 3rd because its support skill is +20% damage on all allies, which I thought was good. I have Greys out as lead instead of Spy Kat if the fight is mostly water chaos spirits or weak to light.

Again, don't really know what I'm doing. I played for like 2 hours two days ago and only freed 10-ish areas. Then when I woke up in the morning this maintenance had begun.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Know what they should give out as "Please Come Back To Us Gifts"?
2 Random Super Rares, a Joker of every element, and 100 Gold Orbs. That'd do it.

Fewr

I'd rather they let us change region for a few days. That'd have people come back to the game, and would not break the balance (much).

TheAznOne

I don't get it. When the servers came back online this morning for those 15 minutes, everything seemed fine and normal. Something else happened that they're not telling us.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I don't get it. When the servers came back online this morning for those 15 minutes, everything seemed fine and normal. Something else happened that they're not telling us.
Actually, some things weren't working properly. I found the same Lv. 13 Ziz three times in a row while questing and the battle never showed up in the event menu.

TheAznOne

Actually, some things weren't working properly. I found the same Lv. 13 Ziz three times in a row while questing and the battle never showed up in the event menu.

Yea I didn't fight no raid bosses, just cleared the ones that already beaten and got the rewards from it. Battles, summoning, merging, the mailbox were no issues at all.

Quote is from gamefaqs. Person didn't link source but it seemed legit.

Edit: Fooled by someone who said false information was "just tweeted".

That's how I feel. I don't know what a Pariacaca is but...dat name. Not appealing by comparison.
PItHEUf.jpg
VbARRNj.jpg
rUPaDMO.jpg

look at how awesome amaterasu is

and thor? git outta here, you're a guy, my harem party has no use for you

EDIT: MRGRGR

putermcgee

There's no doubt about it, that is fake. Their Twitter and Player Information pages (both English and Japanese) don't say anything like that. Plus, it's GameFAQs.

I'd rather they let us change region for a few days. That'd have people come back to the game, and would not break the balance (much).
This is a pretty cool idea. I'd love to summon EU spirits for a bit.

Know what they should give out as "Please Come Back To Us Gifts"?
2 Random Super Rares, a Joker of every element, and 100 Gold Orbs. That'd do it.
What if it was just a Joker of Dark? I'm sure a lot of people would like that.

Someone earlier said they doubt they can fix the consecutive logins thing, and I bet that's true. The logistics behind setting players as logged in for a specific day sound like a nightmare, and that's if it's even possible.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Latest update, next update in 10 hours.

■Emergency Maintenance Update (4/24 04:50 UTC)

We have an update regarding the emergency maintenance which has been ongoing since April 22nd.

We have encountered difficulties in determining the cause of the server problems and the proper solution to them, so it will be some time before we are able to bring the game back online. A further update on our current progress will be posted around 15:00 UTC.

By way of apology, we plan on sending players free in-game items.
We are very sorry again for the prolonged maintenance and the inconvenience it is causing.

Rixa

I would happily take more spirit slots as ingame items. You can always summon more spirits but you cant summon slots.
Another day when I lose two hunts 3rd day in a row now.

Are they rewriting game code from scratch ?

Also if they give single SR spirit from advanced table it would suck as leveling it would be real pain.

Rixa

Are they rewriting game code from scratch ?

Also if they give single SR spirit from advanced table it would suck as leveling it would be real pain.

So is it time to guess what we get as token of apology?
My ingame item guess is 4 "items"

1. 100 Orbs
2. 3000 Summoning Stones
3. 3000 Spirit Points
4. Joker of Dark (minority needs it at the moment).

^^ Might be that rewards aint so high at all and its "only" 2 things. As said earlier I would be very happy for getting only spirit slots (like 10 or so).

Hopefully we are hearing good news in next update which is going to be ~6h time (17.00 EET right?)

Well it's better than hitting refresh on twitter webpage for all day :D

Also 3k summoning stones and energy would be rather low. You can make 10k easily each day

Top Bottom