• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny of Spirits |OT| Praise the Spirits of Shu's Voices

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
For me, it's usually coffee shops/ Starbucks.

You also don't need to login into that wifi either, just need to be able to find one so the vita can get the distance you''ve traveled.

Does it add up? For example, let's say going to work in the morning allows you to hunt for 2 spirits, and then coming home allows you to hunt for 2 more. If you just allow the vita to get the distance traveled each way w/o hunting, could you do 4 when you get back home (2 for going to work and 2 for returning)? I'm not sure distance has any effect on the rarity of what you summon - I've received SRs for only traveling a handful of miles.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Does it add up? For example, let's say going to work in the morning allows you to hunt for 2 spirits, and then coming home allows you to hunt for 2 more. If you just allow the vita to get the distance traveled each way w/o hunting, could you do 4 when you get back home (2 for going to work and 2 for returning)? I'm not sure distance has any effect on the rarity of what you summon - I've received SRs for only traveling a handful of miles.

If you dont collect the spirits at work, then you will have travelled 0 miles when you are back home. Its not the distance "travelled" but the distance from the last hunting spot.

Nope it measures delta of distance from location of previous hunt to current one.

commish

Welp that settles that, haha. Thanks guys. I will have to be satisfied with my 2 spirits a day.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
My destiny summon today was a Sedna (w/ ReaperGAF) lol... I'm pretty sure I've traded you like 4 of these things already.

Every high level zone boss I did came down to one thing, rent some hunt cheaters spirit and abuse Lady of the Depths. You can check out my Barong fight here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/123259878@N03/sets/72157643985049074/

On that note, every single hunt cheater on my friend list is still active, so much for bans lol. Just rented 200/100/100 level 65 Athena.

Hilarious. That's like me with Wakan Tanka, man. The guy loves me, but I'm not a fan.

I'll trade for her from the previous tradelist. I think it's up to date.

canedaddy

I've tried to start this game the past couple of days and I can't get in… it says it's because of server maintenance. Any advice?

Rojo

Yeah that's what I do. I thought that maybe I could "save up" and do a mega hunt. Guess not.

I did a trip this past week to L.A. from where i live which is about 240 miles away when i got to the hotel. I was hoping for some major payload, only got 6 spirits and 1 was an R white buffalo maiden

commish

How many raid bosses do you guys have down? I just finished my 77th. 300 seems far away.

Noi

Sweet, got a Wyvern on today's Destiny Summon. I'm already using Spy Kat as my fire spirit though, so I'm tempted to trade him... guess I should consider making a list.

I also have an Ashura the Evil that I'm looking to trade for a Ziz, as well as Chernonog whenever he decides to show up.

Edit: I should really go for an Advanced Summon instead of another Gravity Rush spirit, but man the temptation is too strong. I figure the latter are only gonna be around for a limited time, so why not.

Sweet, got a Wyvern on today's Destiny Summon. I'm already using Spy Kat as my fire spirit though, so I'm tempted to trade him... guess I should consider making a list.

I also have an Ashura the Evil that I'm looking to trade for a Ziz, as well as Chernonog whenever he decides to show up.

Edit: I should really go for an Advanced Summon instead of another Gravity Rush spirit, but man the temptation is too strong. I figure the latter are only gonna be around for a limited time, so why not.

I'd keep hold of Wyvern, his party ability is very useful (usually gives you enough damage to kill 2 enemies on the first turn) and I still find myself using him more than Spy Costume Kat because of it.

Dragun619

How are you getting that to work? I've always had to be logged in to a WiFi to hunt.

Usually I would get the failed to login screen or something. But just ignore it, and go Hunt.
Then It probably give you a message saying Hunt completed but can't show results until your online again.

Yeah that's what I do. I thought that maybe I could "save up" and do a mega hunt. Guess not.
See, I was gonna try and do this to see if it would increase my chances on getting an SR but it looks like it won't work. dang.

Ventara

How are you getting that to work? I've always had to be logged in to a WiFi to hunt.

I haven't tried this myself, but I believe they leave the game running, and then when they go to hunt, it says that the hunt was successful, but you have to connect to view the results. That's when you go back home to actually connect and get the spirits.

If you are interested in trading your tezcatipoca for a magician, let me know

I'm down for this. I'll send you a PM.

RpgN

I just want to thank every Gaffer who helped kill/weaken a Raid Boss for me, much appreciated

You have been very helpful too and it is much appreciated here. One of the reasons why I like this game is because of how gaffers can get more involved with each other :)

EGOMON

Shoot I tried to help twice with your raids. 1st one I didn't make it in time but the second I finished for you.
Azn you always show on my Battle history thanks man :)

You have been very helpful too and it is much appreciated here. One of the reasons why I like this game is because of how gaffers can get more involved with each other :)
Same here man i can't tell you how many times i was rescued by a gaffer when my tokens were running low

econodog

Neo Member
Econodog, we got a C for a Destiny Summon... Woohoo? For me, it's great, because I've never seen this spirit.

Thanks for picking me for your Destiny Summon, sorry it wasn't a SR or R, but at least it was a new spirit for you to discover :)

Econodog, we got a Heremod for the destiny summon.

That's great, I'm leveling a Heremod, so that will help level break him - thanks for the Destiny Summon!

Very glad the game is back up today - last night at soccer training I felt my calf muscle pop, talk about pain! I'll be spending most of the next few days icing it and resting... and playing some Destiny Of Spirits :) Please no more emergency maintenance!

Razma1

So is this raid boss worth fighting as a new player or no?

I got through the tutorial and summoned some more spirits and have 3 UC now should I sell the commons I get? I still need to spend my Destiny Orbs on storage but the Gravity Rush summon is so tempting -_-

Ventara

So is this raid boss worth fighting as a new player or no?

I got through the tutorial and summoned some more spirits and have 3 UC now should I sell the commons I get? I still need to spend my Destiny Orbs on storage but the Gravity Rush summon is so tempting -_-

You have nothing to lose. Your spirits don't lose any HP from fighting them; they're HP are completely healed for the fight and returned back to what it was before the fight once you're done.

And honestly, unless you're aiming for 300 kills, the best reward is at defeating each boss at level 20, which should be attainable for someone new. If not, add a few of us and we'll take care of them for you. Btw, you need to fight it at least once for them to show up for us to help you.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Recommend you do the raids whenever possible. Like Ventara said theres no drawback and you get a pretty decent reward and also get bonuses which are really nice too. Would recommend you not use any supporters early on so you can save some points - theres no drawback to dying in raids because you dont lose any HP.

Razma1

Alright. I'm on the level 2 raid boss now I'll just keep fighting when its up. Not using supports for it either.

Do you merge 2 of the same card together for leveling?

Shurayuki

I just started so there's no way I'll have anything interesting for trade...ever.

But yeah, friend requested the lower end of the list. Hi gaiz m(_ _)m

Ventara

Alright. I'm on the level 2 raid boss now I'll just keep fighting when its up. Not using supports for it either.

Do you merge 2 of the same card together for leveling?

No, but there are bonuses if you do. Merging spirits of the same type earns you 10% experience, while merging the same spirits earns that spirit some stat bonuses (but only to a max limit).

commish

I just started so there's no way I'll have anything interesting for trade...ever.

But yeah, friend requested the lower end of the list. Hi gaiz m(_ _)m

You have the same chance as anyone to get an R or SR from your daily summoning or from a hunt or using SS.

Shurayuki

You have the same chance as anyone to get an R or SR from your daily summoning or from a hunt or using SS.

Yes but if someone made a movie about my life you'd call it bullshit, because nobody could possibly have such rotten luck. Equal chances is what does me in, I need special treatment!

Posters here throwing SRs around like candy just makes a beginner feel like I'm using sticks to fight haha. (Also good things always happen just when you complain about them not happening, trying to pull a fast one in destiny)

Noi

oh woops, I should have probably added myself to the list in the OP if I wanted people to add me, haha. Did so now!

Ventara

So, I've been thinking of easing up on trading and actually freeing some areas instead. So I'm thinking of what I should level up, and this is what I've debating between.

Light

Lady of the Depths - Cost 5.0 Good overall, but mainly for the cheap timestop ability.
Genie of the Lamp - Cost 3.5 For the ability to change all elements to Light
Kachina - 2.0 - Good overall, but mainly because it's cheap
Itzamna - Cost 4.5 Pretty good overall with good skills, and I can max this one relatively easily since it's not hard to find, but I'm not sure if there's a point with LotD around. Maybe as a backup?

Dark

Gravity Panther - Cost 5.0 Pretty good overall, but as of now, no way for me to bring past 25 (I'm not wasting another GP for it)
Igaluk - Cost 4.5 Seems okay, and I can max it.
Hades - Cost 4.5 Poor battle skill, but seems decent otherwise
Ziz - Cost 3.5 Seems okay for an R
Werewolf - Cost 2.0 Seems alright for it's cost
Beidou Shenjun - Cost 2.5 Kinda expensive for a UC.

Wood

Zilant - Cost 4.5
Black Tortoise - Cost 4.5
First Mother - Cost 4.0 Looks like a decent SR
Spy Costume Yunica - Cost 3.5
Konohanasakuya-hime - Cost 3.0 So purdy, and it has decent skills
Basilisk - Cost 2.5 Low HP but good battle skill
Hunahpu - Cost 1.5 Pretty decent for it's cost

Earth

Yellow Emperor - Cost 4.5 Has pretty good skills
Kokopelli - Cost 4.0 Timestop and damage reduction; good defensive SR
Tezcatlipoca - Cost 4.0 Seems like a good tank with decent stats
Hotei - Cost 3.0 It can change elements to Earth and has good HP
Barong - Cost 3.0 It can reduce first damage to 1

Water

Thunderbird - Cost 4.0
Azure Dragon - Cost 4.5
Manannan Mac Lir - Cost 4.0
Spy Costume Raven - Cost 3.5
Sedna - Cost 3.0
Benzaiten - Cost 3.0 Timestop
Ixchel - Cost 2.5 Cheap and okay all-around

Fire

Guivre - Cost 4.0
Phoenix - Cost 4.5 Nice support skill and seems kile a decent SR, if a little slow
Vermillion Bird - Cost 4.5 Seems okay, but I wonder if I can find better for the cost
Spy Costume Kat - Cost 3.5
Sorcerer - Cost 2.5 Cheap and can change elements to fire
Griffin - Cost 1.5 Slow but cheap

Metal

Artemis - Cost 4.0
Magician - Cost 4.0 For it's skill to turn allies to metal
Kisshoten - Cost 2.5 Cheap, and can also change elements
Tirawa-Atius - Cost 1.5 Cheap
The Phantom of Gold - Cost 2.5 Decent stats, but I'm wondering if I should drop him

Any help on what I should keep and what to drop would be helpful, as well as any recommendation on what to add or consider.

Top Bottom