• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny of Spirits |OT| Praise the Spirits of Shu's Voices

putermcgee

From their twitter:
http://www.jp.playstation.com/op/players/dos/en/faq/#q2
■Login Bonuses
As a way of thanking those players who log into the game on a regular basis, we give various items as login bonuses every day. Players need only log in once to receive a login bonus for that day.
■Types of Login Bonuses
There are two types of login bonuses players can receive in Destiny of Spirits.
1) Daily Login Bonuses
2) Cumulative Login Bonuses
Daily Login Bonuses can be received once per day regardless of how many days the player has logged in. Players can continue to receive Daily Login Bonuses even after they have received all Cumulative Login Bonuses for that month.
Cumulative Login Bonuses are various items that are received based on the cumulative number of days a player has logged in over the course of a month.
*Note: Even if a player does not log in every day, the number of days the player has logged in will carry over until the next time they log in (assuming it is still the same month).
■Login Bonus Reset
Daily Login Bonuses and Cumulative Login Bonuses reset and their content changes on the first of every month.
*Please note that these Login Bonuses are separate from the "Familiar Face" trophy which can be acquired in Destiny of Spirits. To obtain the "Familiar Face" trophy, a player must log in at least once each day for 30 *consecutive* days. If a player misses even one day, the counter for this trophy resets.
Some important language in that, I think.

This means you can get all 20 cumulative login bonus rewards even if you miss a day, as long as you log in 20 different days in a given month. This also means it was not a glitch or error that it didn't extend beyond 20 bonus rewards.

The daily login bonus seems to be the 300 Summon Stones you get when you log in each day. It may not seem like a lot, but it's a free summon either way. Plus, another daily login bonus could be the Destiny Summons, and those are sometimes pretty dang good... though, I did get a measly C yesterday *grumble grumble*

So the only real necessity for logging in consecutive days is for the trophy.

Ventara

Bumping this post. I don't know why the pictures are acting weird, but you can still make out the spirit, or just quote me to see the name from the image file.

Guys, I'm looking for Jokers of Light, all advance SR, Aphrodite, Athena, Ashura, Sun Wukong, Guan Yu, and anime waifus. But that's just what I'm looking for. Feel free to offer whatever you think is good and I'll go through them. Btw send a PM since I don't check this thread often enough.

Here's what I have. Feel free to PM since I don't check this thread often enough. Images aren't mine.

600px-Tezcatlipoca.jpg

600px-Phoenix.jpgg

600px-Azure_Dragon.jpg

600px-Zilant.jpg

600px-Senju-Kannon.jpg

600px-Kokopelli.jpg

600px-First_Mother.jpg

600px-Black_Tortoise.jpg

600px-Guivre.jpg

600px-Hades.jpg

600px-Artemis.jpg

Igaluk.jpg

600px-Ukko.jpg

Haven't decided if I'll trade these three, but I thought I'd post them and see what the offer are like.

600px-Gundahar.jpg

600px-Lady_of_the_Depths.jpg

600px-CrazyGP.jpg

wilflare

decided to hunt on my way to school.
and ended up getting
2 SRs (Sun Wukong and Guan Yu)
1 R (Forgot the name)

shall try again when I reach campus

Ventara

lol Singapore is a pretty small country.. but the Vita thinks I travelled 3800+ kilometers.. hahaha

Man, I wish my Vita thinks I travel long distances. I only travel about 24km for work and I get two spirits, both of which are crap. I don't even know why I bother with it.

wilflare

Man, I wish my Vita thinks I travel long distances. I only travel about 24km for work and I get two spirits, both of which are crap. I don't even know why I bother with it.

hmm maybe it's something to do with the WiFi? and I walked around quite a bit... though I don't think Vita tracks movement the way the 3DS does right?

putermcgee

lol Singapore is a pretty small country.. but the Vita thinks I travelled 3800+ kilometers.. hahaha
The Vita tracks only the location of the WiFi where you last logged in, and the WiFi where you went to hunt. I wish it tracked steps like the 3DS, though.

I'd be careful about tricking it with hunting too. I know you can't exactly control the geo-location for each WiFi spot, but they said they are banning users who abuse the system and cheat.

Pancakesarelove

Neo Member
hmm thanks for the warning... I'm really not sure what's going on though.
I just reached campus and tried hunting again... and I got 14 spirits again.

what determines the number of Spirits?

Distance. Most people who get 14 spirits are those who travel to different countries. Rarity is based on the luck meter. I would definitely watch out as you are walking on banning offense. Btw if you ever get an extra Dragon (the fourth spirit), garuda, or Tortoise, let me know I would love to trade favorably (towards you) for those.

Ventara

Distance. Most people who get 14 spirits are those who travel to different countries. Rarity is based on the luck meter. I would definitely watch out as you are walking on banning offense. Btw if you ever get an extra Dragon (the fourth spirit), garuda, or Tortoise, let me know I would love to trade favorably (towards you) for those.

Is that offer open to others? I have a Black Tortoise for trade depending on what favourably means. And hey, congrats on snagging Izanagi!

Edit: Wait, I just realized you meant the regular Tortoise (I think?). My bad.

wilflare

hmm. all I did was to connect my Vita to my phone's WiFi on the go though.. and all these spirits are from my location. (I have a US account but I stay in Asia) :/

Rixa

hmm thanks for the warning... I'm really not sure what's going on though.
I just reached campus and tried hunting again... and I got 14 spirits again.

what determines the number of Spirits?

In hunt its traveling distance.

Ive got ~40km from home to work. I get 3 spirits, usually 1UC / 2C so far havent got any other than UC / C. Ive been in 3 different locations ~122km away from home and got 5 spirits, usually 1 R & rest UC/C (once got 1 SR).

You need to travel atleast ~1.5km to hunt. In workplace I use mobilephones connection and make a hotspot to Vita, at home ADSL connection. In semptember Iam traveling from Finland to Italy (hopefully this game is still going on) traveling distance being around 1254 miles / 2018.12 km. Waiting to see what Ill get.

Pancakesarelove

Neo Member
hmm. all I did was to connect my Vita to my phone's WiFi on the go though.. and all these spirits are from my location. (I have a US account but I stay in Asia) :/

Yup even though you do that, it says you traveled crazy amount of distances and that can get you banned. Normally you should only get 2-3 spirits.

RoeBear

Uhh not sure what I did but a lot of my spirits were dead. I closed the app did the spelunky daily and came back and all my spirits are full health. HUH?

Ventara

Uhh not sure what I did but a lot of my spirits were dead. I closed the app did the spelunky daily and came back and all my spirits are full health. HUH?

Maybe you played Spelunky longer than you thought? How much health do these spirits have? It's suppose to heal 5HP per minute, so that's 300HP an hour. How long were you gone? Also, you didn't accidentally heal your spirits with the destiny orbs, did you?

In any case, having your spirits at full health is a good thing, so I wouldn't sweat it.

RoeBear

Maybe you played Spelunky longer than you thought? How much health do these spirits have? It's suppose to heal 5HP per minute, so that's 300HP an hour. How long were you gone? Also, you didn't accidentally heal your spirits with the destiny orbs, did you?

In any case, having your spirits at full health is a good thing, so I wouldn't sweat it.

Yeah had like 3 dead SR spirits with over 1k health. Lost out pretty early in Spelunky like 35 min. Haven't had orbs in a while. Yeah it made no sense but my luck was just awesome the last five minutes. Killed the Orca then went and summoned got the Orca on the second summon. Now I can limit break it :D

Rixa

Yeah had like 3 dead SR spirits with over 1k health. Lost out pretty early in Spelunky like 35 min. Haven't had orbs in a while. Yeah it made no sense but my luck was just awesome the last five minutes. Killed the Orca then went and summoned got the Orca on the second summon. Now I can limit break it :D

Now that youre online. If you want add Rixa to your friendslist (ingame name Rixa-GAF).
Got more room to FR list yesterday.

Same goes to you Brasil, send FR to me. And all the other GAFers :). I can always make room to GAFers. Just tune your ingame name to <name>-GAF. Easier to notice in Destiny summoning who is from GAF.

Rixa

I do have Abzu also. Trading it to Ixchel (Blue R) / Cernunnos (Green R) / Brigit (Fire R) / Daikokuten (dark R) / Valkyrie (Light R).

My hunt results today were 1 UC and 2 C. Couldnt bear destination, compass didnt show any destinations. It is somewho bugged, its not first time tho (I did went to my profile, sometimes it helps but not now, it was bugged in profile also).

EGOMON

I've got one.

What do You have for trade ?

I do have Abzu also. Trading it to Ixchel (Blue R) / Cernunnos (Green R) / Brigit (Fire R) / Daikokuten (dark R) / Valkyrie (Light R).

My hunt results today were 1 UC and 2 C. Couldnt bear destination, compass didnt show any destinations. It is somewho bugged, its not first time tho (I did went to my profile, sometimes it helps but not now, it was bugged in profile also).

For now i have for trade:
Yum Kaax wood R
Inti light R
Shennong wood R
Gunslinger metal R
Huallallo fire R

If you are interested in any of those its ok i'll post again in couple of days when i have new trade spirits

RalchAC

I've had that problem before. The one with the compass.

I don't know if I'm feeling it. Yesterday I played it like 20-30 minutes and I was bored. Today I'm having some fun. I don't know what I'll do yet.

Rixa

so apparently we're getting 50 orbs...
http://www.jp.playstation.com/op/players/dos/en/important/info_20140425.html
Considering we got 35 for a couple of hours of downtime, 50 for 2 full days kinda shitty.

7 days more Dark raid bosses helps me to get them to 300 (now around 110 conquests).
50 orbs is like meh, going to save them to upcoming advanced packs (DDI in mind).

So basically:
* More time to kill Dark Bosses -> Better results
* 50 Orbs -> 1 Advanced summon and 10 slots to spirits (if your slots arent in max already).

Iam ok with this. Only thing I would like them to announce is increasing spirit slot max what you can buy. Now its 45 and its too little.

putermcgee

I don't think they have some kind of Orbs/hour formula in place here. 50 Orbs isn't bad at all.

Iam ok with this. Only thing I would like them to announce is increasing spirit slot max what you can buy. Now its 45 and its too little.
That still has me scratching my head that there's a limit in the first place. I'm hoping that comes with an update along with performance increases and better sorting.

7 days more Dark raid bosses helps me to get them to 300 (now around 110 conquests).
50 orbs is like meh, going to save them to upcoming advanced packs (DDI in mind).

So basically:
* More time to kill Dark Bosses -> Better results
* 50 Orbs -> 1 Advanced summon and 10 slots to spirits (if your slots arent in max already).

7 days more is great. My light joker seems realistic now.

Yum Kaax wood R
Inti light R
Shennong wood R
Gunslinger metal R
Huallallo fire R

If you are interested in any of those its ok i'll post again in couple of days when i have new trade spirits

Ehh not really

I'm mostly looking for:

Daikokuen, Vampire Hunter, Excalibur, Set, Pandora, Nanna, Valkyria, Cernunnos,

Rixa

That still has me scratching my head that there's a limit in the first place. I'm hoping that comes with an update along with performance increases and better sorting.

Made a question in Twitter to them about being able to buy more 45 -> 90 buyable slots. Tho again, I dont think they answer to me. One would think they love us to spend our orbs in many ways as possible. Hopefully it will come in update / dlc or some other way.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Bumping this post. I don't know why the pictures are acting weird, but you can still make out the spirit, or just quote me to see the name from the image file.

Zilant for:

Metal joker
Earth joker
Tezcatlipoca SR
Magician SR
Manannan Mac Lir SR

?

And 50 orbs, huh? Well, I guess since they are extending the raid event, we didnt lose out on much else, so that seems fine.

Rixa

I'm mostly looking for:
Daikokuen, Vampire Hunter, Excalibur, Set, Pandora, Nanna, Valkyria, Cernunnos,

Do you have Ixchel / Brigit. In my tradeslot Ive put one Pandora :).

If you happen to have Itzamna for trade, I can give 3 Vampire Hunters for it.

Amn

Neo Member
Yum Kaax wood R
Inti light R
Shennong wood R
Gunslinger metal R
Huallallo fire R

I have an Abzu. Sent over a trade request for your Gunslinger.

Razma1

20 raids done and 15 areas claimed not bad for day 1. What's the optimal way to level rates and above? I'm gonna crash now but I'll check back around noon.

RpgN

I've hit a wall now with the friend requests. Ever since adding my ID on the database, I've had requests daily and now I have all 45 slots used up.

What will happen if people try to add me after that?

Shit...I hope there will be more opportunities to increase slots.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I've hit a wall now with the friend requests. Ever since adding my ID on the database, I've had requests daily and now I have all 45 slots used up.

You get new slots every few freed zones. I am at 70 atm.

Rixa

Yep, at the moment only method increasing friend slots is trough freeing areas. Iam at 49/50 (+ one fr send to Brasil) now. I think FR just stays so long that either sender removes it or you deny / accept it. At one point I had over 20 FR sent to me, next day there was only 6 (didnt do anything them).

RalchAC

Abzu
Ogma
Wakan Tanka
2x Mokosh
Gandhava ? (Idian guy with guitar)
Yum Kax

PS. I got Brigid but she is lvl 35 and has joker waiting for her so not really :D

I'll take Abzu :)

Going to reject a guy who wanted to trade a spirit I already have for it. With that little guy my Water team will be finished.

If only somebody traded a decent R from the metal element :(

putermcgee

Well, I went ahead and dropped $30 on the 500 Orb pack. I was happy to get a limit breaker for my Spy Suit Kat (and another one for the next limit) along with the two other Spy Suit characters. Everything else were UCs. I've still got some Orbs left, but I'm also running out of space in my collection...

Ill accept it later today (cant login now) in about 4-5h.
Edit: Are we friends in game? :)
No, but I sent a request.

Toma

Well, I went ahead and dropped $30 on the 500 Orb pack. I was happy to get a limit breaker for my Spy Suit Kat (and another one for the next limit) along with the two other Spy Suit characters. Everything else were UCs. I've still got some Orbs left, but I'm also running out of space in my collection...

No, but I sent a request.

Didnt get a single SR? Yikes. I had 4 in... 10 summons or so :/

I considered trying some more to purebreed my Lady, but maybe I was just stupidly lucky with my summons, so I probably shouldnt push my luck any further.

Top Bottom