• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny of Spirits |OT| Praise the Spirits of Shu's Voices

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
hey guys, just downloaded it, seems something like a geocatching-pokemon game?

is it any good?

Unfortunately it is.

Edit: Perfect top of the page post.

RpgN

You get new slots every few freed zones. I am at 70 atm.

Yep, at the moment only method increasing friend slots is trough freeing areas. Iam at 49/50 (+ one fr send to Brasil) now. I think FR just stays so long that either sender removes it or you deny / accept it. At one point I had over 20 FR sent to me, next day there was only 6 (didnt do anything them).

That's good to know at least.

I've been fighting bosses for a while now with no rewards except for the summon and spirit stones.

Mockduck

Neo Member
Still waiting to see if I hit my 30 day consecutive trophy before deciding my future with DoS, but it's nice to have the game back. Just wish I had Wifi at work (we have it, but they block access to PSN for some stupid reason, so I can't log in.) No wifi anywhere near me, either, so I'm stuck only playing at home. Which makes Hunting practically impossible, except for the one time I happened to go to a Dunkin Donuts with decent wifi a couple weeks back. :)

I get that raid boss events are essentially free resources, but it seems like I get more done by completing the map than I do taking down raid bosses. When I've got a half hour, it seems more productive to clear the map than fight a couple of raid bosses?

Mockduck

Neo Member
Oh, also just for a data point: I too have spent money on DoS. About $20. For me, I didn't feel like I needed to spend the money, but I wanted to make an initial investment just to kick some cash their way and send a message to Sony/Q?/whoever that I support their effort.

I get that raid boss events are essentially free resources, but it seems like I get more done by completing the map than I do taking down raid bosses. When I've got a half hour, it seems more productive to clear the map than fight a couple of raid bosses?

Raids give you jokers which are super important.

Willing to trade a Metal+Fire joker(mine) for a Earth joker
Ukko and a Fire/Metal joker(mine) for earth joker
ADV summon R(Ladon,Spy cat or Spy raven)(mine) for a Earth joker.

yella

Willing to trade a Metal+Fire joker for a Earth joker,Ukko and a Fire/Metal joker for earth joker or a ADV summon R(Ladon,Spy cat or Spy raven) for a Earth joker.
I have an extra spy Kat and Raven I'll trade you for Ukko and a Metal Joker... just send me a friend request (PSN ID is oldyella)

dallow_bg

nods at old men
What should I spend my Earth Joker on? Man I wish I had 2 or 3 of these. :(
I've got 3 choices.

1. (R) Barong 20 -> 30 break.
I know how damn useful he is, and I need him to be stronger. He's just a R but hard to get when you're in Am region.

2. (SR) Kokopelli 45 -> 55 break.
He's got a lot of health, and a great ability to stop everyone for 15 seconds, though it has a high SP cost.

3. (SR) Itzam Cab Ain 25 -> 35 break.
Cash summon. Very high health and stats. Support ability makes everyone Fire.

EDIT: Damn, I would have traded 2 jokers for Earth too. Haha!

yella

I mean im willing to trade an adv R for Earth joker, sorry if that wasnt clear.

Oh ok, I understand now. Sorry, I don't have any Earth jokers to trade.

If anyone is interested, though, I have a few Spy Costume Kat (3) and Spy Costume Yunica (2) available to trade...

putermcgee

If anyone is interested, though, I have a few Spy Costume Kat (3) and Spy Costume Yunica (2) available to trade...
Would you trade any of those for a regular R and a Gravity Rush UC?

I've got:
Nine-tailed Fox (R)
Adaptive Camouflage (R)
Umibozu (R)
Ixchel (R)
Bunyip (R)
Perun (R)
Ixmucane (R)
Bishamonten (R)
Chernobog (R)
Ashura the Evil (R)
Ziz (R)
Kanaloa (R)

Yunica (UC, Gravity Rush)
Kat (UC, Gravity Rush)
Nevi Shaga (UC, Gravity Rush)
Cyanea (UC, Gravity Rush)
Nevi Mossui (UC, Gravity Rush)

Lucas (UC, Knack)

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I've got 3 choices.

I know how damn useful he is, and I need him to be stronger. He's just a R but hard to get when you're in Am region.

He's got a lot of health, and a great ability to stop everyone for 15 seconds, though it has a high SP cost.

I'll give you an earth for 2 jokers. Don't use earth spirits much outside of my earth changing one.

In other news, now that the raid event has been extended a week, I will definitely reach 300. Once I stopped farming my own raid bosses and farmed other people, it went a lot faster. I am up to 100 now. And it's annoying that they are giving us 50 DO and not 60. Why not let us do 2 pulls?

Speaking of trade times does paying immediate delivery only make that spirit get there quick, or are all future trades instant?

I wonder if someone is paying such price.

If i was designing my own F2P game i'd make such thing 1 orb so people feel they are not spending anything :D

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

If i was designing my own F2P game i'd make such thing 1 orb so people feel they are not spending anything :D

I have no idea why people pay anything at all to speed it up. What's the rush! Some of my asian trades have taken a while, though.

RalchAC

Agree. For 1 orb people would actually use it since "it's cheap and I want it noooow". For 10 orbs I'll rather buy 5 slots.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I'll give you an earth for 2 jokers. Don't use earth spirits much outside of my earth changing one.

In other news, now that the raid event has been extended a week, I will definitely reach 300. Once I stopped farming my own raid bosses and farmed other people, it went a lot faster. I am up to 100 now. And it's annoying that they are giving us 50 DO and not 60. Why not let us do 2 pulls?

That works for for me. One Fire and one Wood joker for Earth then?
Are we friends? PSN ID is dallow

yella

I've got:
Nine-tailed Fox (R)
Adaptive Camouflage (R)
Umibozu (R)
Ixchel (R)
Bunyip (R)
Perun (R)
Ixmucane (R)
Bishamonten (R)
Chernobog (R)
Ashura the Evil (R)
Ziz (R)
Kanaloa (R)

Kat (UC, Gravity Rush)

Lucas (UC, Knack)

How about this? I'll trade you both (I'll put up a UC for you to trade the regular R) if you're willing to trade me Kat, Lucas and Umibozu.

putermcgee

How about this? I'll trade you both (I'll put up a UC for you to trade the regular R) if you're willing to trade me Kat, Lucas and Umibozu.

Kat, Lucas, Umibozu for Spy Costume Kat and Spy Costume Yunica?

I have some pending trades going on at the moment, and I'm about to go to bed, but add me to your friend list in the meantime, and we can set up a trade later.

My PSN ID is putermcgee, and it will show up as schroeder-gaf in the game.

Are useful the spirits that increase the speed? I have tried some of them that give even 30%, and I don't see any difference.

I think its 1 of the weaker support stats, together with very low counter attack. Most useful i think are, 150% atk increase on first attack, all first attacks on your spirits are reduced to 1(Barong) and ATK10-30%+.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I think its 1 of the weaker support stats, together with very low counter attack. Most useful i think are, 150% atk increase on first attack, all first attacks on your spirits are reduced to 1(Barong) and ATK10-30%+.

And the element changers.

speed is a great boon if you're taking on bosses and pick a support spirit that also gives a heavy boost

two of the same speedsters are very nice until one of them invariably bites it on a raid boss, but that's usually the type of tag team that can let you get 75% of their health off with one raid point, if you're lucky, even if it wasn't a KO

doubling up on attack power in the same way is arguably still more effective, though

Toma

Guys what do you think of ADV R Ares? I dont know if he is worth lvling up and limit breaking at this point.

Good skills, but those light summons are annoying to limit break. Wont hurt to just have him lying around for a while when you got a light joker that has no better designation though.

And with the 7 days raid extension, no one should have any issues getting the 300 boss fight light jokers tbh.

Good skills, but those light summons are annoying to limit break. Wont hurt to just have him lying around for a while when you got a light joker that has no better designation though.

And with the 7 days raid extension, no one should have any issues getting the 300 boss fight light jokers tbh.

Yeah it seems nobody has leveled Ares to 50 yet so i cant see those stats. I havent rly lvled him much he is now at lvl 10, have been mostly focusing on getting my Valkyrie to 50.

Toma

Only 50.

But the raid event will be extended by 7 days, together with the GR summons, which is a fair solution in my opinion since this will give more than enough time to catch up with the missing days to get that 300 boss fights light joker.

Pancakesarelove

Neo Member
I've got 3 choices.

Only use it on SRs as Barong is getting easier to get as everyone is starting to reach Barong

I've got:
Nine-tailed Fox (R)
Adaptive Camouflage (R)
Umibozu (R)
Ixchel (R)
Bunyip (R)
Perun (R)
Ixmucane (R)
Bishamonten (R)
Chernobog (R)
Ashura the Evil (R)
Ziz (R)
Kanaloa (R)

Kat (UC, Gravity Rush)

Lucas (UC, Knack)

Uhh I would have traded mine for a Ziz.

Toma

I got another Ashura Evil and Chernobog lying around. Anyone trading me a Ziz for one of them?

Top Bottom