• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the Last Gen>Current Gen deal:

Has anyone here successfully preordered the PS3 version on the PSN store and then got the PS4 version to start preloading?

I think I'm gunna do it, just want to hear from someone that everything is working as planned.

Yep, waiting for the same confirmation. If it works, I see no reason not to order the PS3 version.

Strider

I read somewhere that our characters and save data are stored through their servers. Is this true?

I ask because this is my situation:
I have a PS3 in my home town, and my friend has a PS3 in my college town. I travel between both these towns every other week or so.

The question is, would I be able to take my physical copy of Destiny from one PS3 to the other and continue where I left off with my progress saved? (I sign in my psn on both consoles)

Yes. One of the benefits of an always online game is you can access your saves/characters from their servers no matter what PS3 your playing on or where you are. As long as you sign into your PSN and not your friends you should be good to go.

Strider

So. Destiny will obviously be huge. No doubt there.

But are we talking biggest IP launch ever or no?

Edit: Let me add first day/week sales. Obviously it won't do Minecraft - lifetime numbers or anything like that.

le.phat

Preloading done! And now we wait...

in the meantime:

FJ9-LAM-67F
JD7-4CM-HJG
JDT-NLC-JKM
JNX-DMH-XLA
7CP-94V-LFP
7F9-767-F74

emblem codes! emblem codes for everyone!
redeem at the bungie site.

See you on the other side of the crusible!

Kane1345

Edit: Let me add first day/week sales. Obviously it won't do Minecraft numbers or anything like that.

Pretty sure it will be. They did say it was the most pre-ordered new IP ever at gamescom

Edit: Let me add first day/week sales. Obviously it won't do Minecraft - lifetime numbers or anything like that.

Considering Watch_Dogs took this crown earlier this year, I fully expect Destiny to destroy Watch_Dogs in terms of sales

You're doing The Traveler's work, sir. Carry on!
it's like a sugar crash the lack of beetus
0OJUoMs.gif
LOL
"Legend" (your character profile) now has high quality 3D models of characters in Bungie.Net. Can freely spin them around, no weapons visible.
I am going to waste so much time at work just spinning around my Destiny character model, come launch!
I preordered the White bundle with destiny, do i get any preorder bonus?
Nothing inside the box and entirely up to your retailer. I ordered the Destiny bundle from Amazon, which includes the Vanguard preorder bonus.
Is it going to be good? Haven't really followed his work. Has he still got it?
I've never been a big Beatles fan, always preferred his work with Wings so much better. Which is kind of odd, since I absolutely love ELO, who are practically just a space love-letter to The Beatles. However, he is a music god, so I can't imagine his work will be anything less than great.I thought the single was supposed to be released sometime soon. I suppose on 09.09?

CLBridges

So I have the install file downloaded and the Destiny icon says 3 days! The wait man, sheesh lol. One thing I'm not sure of is, I see the file says 21gb but I'm wondering if there will be another download once the 21gb is done. If I remember correctly, the beta was 12gb and then you had another download once you started the client/game. Oh well, guess I'll find out soon enough.

Lol i used to think this is cool. However it seems now everyone in my damn city has a platinum edge card so its kinda a wash now.
I can see that being the case now. When I picked up my PS4 at midnight here there was only four of us in the platinum line and like 150 in the regular line. I'm in Victoria BC.

Grewitch

I'm not sure how how you guys take forever on Destiny characters. There isn't much choice for customization.

With me it was the colour for the Exo, head gear and marks. Tried colour combinations, styles...it ended up looking to busy. My favourite colour is green, so I tried black metal with green eyes and red markings...took it to level 8 and then tried again:

But now I don't like the ear pieces and red eyes. So it's definitely going to be green eyes but need to figure out the right metal skin colour.

LordofPwn

Anyone tried setting the system's clock a few days forward? Maybe it can be tricked! :)

Desperation

Tried for Diablo III, didnt work. only sorta worked when i disconnected from the network, but then it needed to check with PSN first.

I havent seen a turnout like that since Halo 3

I'm tempted to call up all the gamestops in the area along with best buys and find out how many they are all expecting.

With me it was the colour for the Exo, head gear and marks. Tried colour combinations, styles...it ended up looking to busy. My favourite colour is green, so I tried black metal with green eyes and red markings...took it to level 8 and then tried again:

But now I don't like the ear pieces and red eyes. So it's definitely going to be green eyes but need to figure out the right metal skin colour.
I think that looks really awesome! That green is very vibrant and I think the red eyes work very well.

KOHIPEET

Tried for Diablo III, didnt work. only sorta worked when i disconnected from the network, but then it needed to check with PSN first.

I'm tempted to call up all the gamestops in the area along with best buys and find out how many they are all expecting.

lloyd.png

Yes. One of the benefits of an always online game is you can access your saves/characters from their servers no matter what PS3 your playing on or where you are. As long as you sign into your PSN and not your friends you should be good to go.

Wow this is the best news ever. No need to save my file on a usb like for other games

Strider

Wow this is the best news ever. No need to save my file on a usb like for other games

Yes. But of course the downside is if their servers are down = no playing for anyone :(

Pros and Cons.

I personally love always online games (if it fits the design) but I get why so many people are against them.

I can see that being the case now. When I picked up my PS4 at midnight here there was only four of us in the platinum line and like 150 in the regular line. I'm in Victoria BC.

Lol wow, lucky!

When i picked up my PS4 at launch, there was about 150-200 people there. They told the platinum members to line up. Everyone but about 10 people got in line LOL.

Im in Northern Ontario myself.

I was going to get the XBox One version digitally so I could pre-load it, but now I'm not so sure I want to. I'd rather buy the 360 version digitally and get the free upgrade. Ugh. Decisions. :(

bGanci

Banned
Preloading done! And now we wait...

in the meantime:

FJ9-LAM-67F
JD7-4CM-HJG
JDT-NLC-JKM
JNX-DMH-XLA
7CP-94V-LFP
7F9-767-F74

emblem codes! emblem codes for everyone!
redeem at the bungie site.

See you on the other side of the crusible!
Nice thanks! Where did you find these?

tmac456

after much deliberation, I cancelled my Amazon LE

I work at Target so I'm hoping my store gets a couple LEs and I can use my discount, or I'll just go with the standard version

Or... I put my garbage internet DL speed to the test and get the digital guardian edition

Lol wow, lucky!

When i picked up my PS4 at launch, there was about 150-200 people there. They told the platinum members to line up. Everyone but about 10 people got in line LOL.

Im in Northern Ontario myself.

Ha! Thats funny. Kind of defeats the purpose of being a platinum member eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom