• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
brb making my bubble shield password protected

Xtortionist don't be like that

Xtortionist pls enemies are coming

ii8uvy2uu4ckrk4bvr4esob.gif

Trace

Banned
I bought the Digital Guardian edition. In my library, it says the Vanguard Armory is installed even though it didn't show up in the download list with Destiny and the update. For some reason, the season pass isn't showing up for me even though it is included with the Digital Guardian edition. So you are not alone, buddy.

Same here.

I wouldn't assume any problems unless the actual expansions come out and we don't have them. And I'm sure people would be flipping shit if that happened.

Yoday

Mine errored the Vanguard Armory as well. Mine didn't even try to download expansion pass though... And I did purchase Digital Guardian...

Okay, cool, armory shows loaded there. That said, I still don't have expansion pass listed x.x I hope my worry is unnecessary lol
Keep in mind that at this point the expansion pass is little more than a licence on your account. Nothing from the expansion pass itself will download until the first expansion pack comes out.

Seil

Same here, probably will show when the expansions come out.

You'd really think the pass would be labeled purchased so people wouldn't accidentally buy it again. I feel for anyone that does that lol.

Keep in mind that at this point the expansion pass is little more than a licence on your account. Nothing from the expansion pass itself will download until the first expansion pack comes out.

Yeah, but it still shows as an add-on for the game(as far as the store's concerned), and it doesn't consider itself purchased despite having bought Digital Guardian. Strange imo

Yoday

Tbh guys, I'm really tired of seeing ads for this game everywhere I go. This game better deliver. The marketing has been relentless.
Huh, the only advertising I have seen is the occasional commercial on Hulu. But then I also don't live in a big city or watch TV outside of Hulu.

SDCowboy

Wait...I thought you could download the game now on PSN? I was able to download something that took like a minute, but that was it. Now I just have a three day countdown.

Namikaze1

Wait...I thought you could download the game now on PSN? I was able to download something that took like a minute, but that was it. Now I just have a three day countdown.
Go to the Destiny game app, press option, head to information, click on that. The game is installing in the background.

Seil

Select it -> Options -> Information. It should be downloading in the background like the beta did.

Edit: Ninja'd

Anastasia

Looking forward to all the dancing come September 9. ^^

Add me and let's dance and shoot stuff!

PSN: SpaceKathryn
Bungie: SpaceKat

It has happened to a few of us. If you look under the destiny game in related items it will show that it has loaded.
This is what I see on the related items page:

It appears the Vanguard did install but the Expansion Pass has some mixed messages going on: here it says "installed" but also has an "X" across it and an information icon.

If I click on the icon, I see the error message and am prompted to go to the downloads screen but, if I go there, there's no option to retry, only to delete if I open the options menu.

A bit confusing, and needlessly so.

So I cancelled my physical Limited Edition PS4 version on Amazon and preordered the PS3 Digital Guardian Edition on the Playstation Store.

PS3 version is downloading now. Come Tuesday morning I will use the upgrade promotion to start the download on my PS4 for that version. I'll only ever play it on PS4 unless a friend gets around to purchasing the PS3 version (they have 3 but not 4). Won't need to worry about download speeds because I'll be at work till the late afternoon anyway.

The three things listed under downloads on my PS3 are Destiny, Destiny Vanguard Armory, and Destiny Preorder Dynamic Theme. No expansion pass, no extra Digital Guardian goodies. Will have to keep an eye on that.

SDCowboy

One more question, I don't see the Vanguard armory under downloads. Does that get added after the game downloads? My downloads shows the actual game and the patch. No armory.

Seil

It appears the Vanguard did install but the Expansion Pass has some mixed messages going on: here it says "installed" but also has an "X" across it and an information icon.

If I click on the icon, I see the error message and am prompted to go to the downloads screen but, if I go there, there's no option to retry, only to delete if I open the options menu.

At least the expansion pass shows there for you x.x What region? I'm US and it doesn't appear in that list nor does it appear purchased in the store.

my expansion pass isn't even showing up and I have the digital guardian edition. I think it depends on the person, wouldn't worry too much about it

Namikaze1

See, the expansion pass just doesn't show up for me.

One more question, I don't see the Vanguard armory under downloads. Does that get added after the game downloads? My downloads shows the actual game and the patch. No armory.
Go to Library, click on Destiny, click on Related Items, click on Armory. You'll probably see it's already installed like some us did.

Have some respect for your fellow guardians. Don't contribute to crashing PSN on Tuesday ;) Preload or bust lol

Yeah sure I'll just put it off for a few days.

Or fuck that, I'll be at work have fun with the network! I wanna play that shit right when I get home! And all the next day in which I dont have work!

CMTos34.gif

I would gladly preload if PSN would let me, but the upgrade promotion wont be available until the day of.

At least the expansion pass shows there for you x.x What region? I'm US and it doesn't appear in that list nor does it appear purchased in the store.

U.S.

my expansion pass isn't even showing up and I have the digital guardian edition. I think it depends on the person, wouldn't worry too much about it
I guess I won't sweat it. At least it is showing up theoretically. The hype must be making me paranoid.

Figments

Go for it!

You were the only person that responded to that idea! :DDDDDDDDDDDD

I swear to Christ, there needs to be a WriterGAF, because it's literally my only other hobby.

I'm a sad, lonely book nerd.

Hell, I already have an idea I wanna try, but first I have to beat Destiny and study up more on the lore.

Thinking female protagonist who finds a Ghost, reactivates it, and then helps it find its Guardian.

Namikaze1

She wasn't your Density
She definitely wasn't after I found out a bit after the break up that she was cheating on me during the last month and a half of our relationship.

Now I'm a free and happy 21 year old broke ass college student!
Nothing can't stop me!
leonardo-di-caprio-inception-photoshops-00-560x373.jpg

How did you get the expansion pass to download? I have the digital guardian edition, so I can't download it unless I want to repurchase it apparently.

Wookieomg

Posted my info in the spreadsheet but I'll just throw out my PSN here... Everyone feel free to add me! It's an old user name so don't judge me ;_;

PSN: xXRaceBannonXx

I will be playing Destiny A LOT. :D The more friends the merrier!

Also, do you guys recommend I go digital or retail? I had posted earlier in the day about not knowing which to pick because of all the digital woes Sony has been facing lately... Like PSN outages and/or people being unable to play their digitally purchased games, losing access to their online content, etc.

Tirod

I went from not getting this game until Black Friday at the earliest to preloading right now on my Xbox One. My friends conned
enlightened
me by sending some Titan gifs.

Didn't indulge in Alpha or Beta, looking forward to going in blind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom