• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoday

Posted my info in the spreadsheet but I'll just throw out my PSN here... Everyone feel free to add me! It's an old user name so don't judge me ;_;

PSN: xXRaceBannonXx

I will be playing Destiny A LOT. :D The more friends the merrier!

Also, do you guys recommend I go digital or retail? I had posted earlier in the day about not knowing which to pick because of all the digital woes Sony has been facing lately... Like PSN outages and/or people being unable to play their digitally purchased games, losing access to their online content, etc.
If you plan on playing it a lot, do you really want to have to keep putting the disc in? Destiny is one of those games that you'll likely be going back to regularly, so having it digitally may make more sense for you. I wouldn't worry about digital woes, those tend to be pretty uncommon cases as long as your PS4 is set to primary.

Namikaze1

I went from not getting this game until Black Friday at the earliest to preloading right now on my Xbox One. My friends conned
enlightened
me by sending some Titan gifs.

Didn't indulge in Alpha or Beta, looking forward to going in blind.
I see you have seen the
Titan
light. Welcome aboard, fellow Guardian.

Yoday

I went from not getting this game until Black Friday at the earliest to preloading right now on my Xbox One. My friends conned
enlightened
me by sending some Titan gifs.

Didn't indulge in Alpha or Beta, looking forward to going in blind.
TITAN!!

Come, punch things in the face with us!

Namikaze1

TITAN!!

You mean knee right?

Punching is so last year. It's all about the knee, bro.
Vml6Pjo.gif

Right in the
robotic
groin!

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Posted my info in the spreadsheet but I'll just throw out my PSN here... Everyone feel free to add me! It's an old user name so don't judge me ;_;

PSN: xXRaceBannonXx

I will be playing Destiny A LOT. :D The more friends the merrier!

Also, do you guys recommend I go digital or retail? I had posted earlier in the day about not knowing which to pick because of all the digital woes Sony has been facing lately... Like PSN outages and/or people being unable to play their digitally purchased games, losing access to their online content, etc.
Well, destiny is always online, so we'd all be equally fucked. :|

Tirod

I see you have seen the
Titan
light. Welcome aboard, fellow Guardian.

Thanks. :D

TITAN!!

Some of those Titan gifs I've seen reminded me of Vanguard from Mass Effect but turned up to 11 lol.

If any of Xbox GAF wants to tag along with me, my GT is SMT Izanagi.

Strike (Raid?) wise I'm likely to be tied up with irl friends the first week but after the initial launch, I'd imagine more of my playing time to be GAF related.

DSN2K

went digital in the end and cancelled my amazon order, I had a good amount of reward points in my GAME account from my WiiU purchases so I got £10 off a £35 PSN points code. Downloading now :eek:

Lee

Anyone else gone on an adding spree of friends due to this game? I have and I haven't done that since SF4. I blame raids.

Yeah, where is she. She okay?

Maybe she got double secret probation for letting the withdrawal thread get out of hand.

I don't know, I'll have to try it out for myself. I REALLY enjoyed the desintegrating face punch.

I remember the first time that happened to me in the Crucible. I was shocked. I thought, "That was awesome. What just happened?" I thought it was a super.

Way cooler than my knife, but I'm still not going Titan.

Navy Bean

Game comes out September 9th!
First kid due September 13th!
Hmm, 4 days of Destiny and then I'll see everyone in November....lol. Don't take all the loot.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
I'll probably main a Warlock, followed by a hunter, and exactly as you said depending on my level of boredom and/or frustration with grinding I'll then work on my Titan.

To me, its just the logical fit. My brain just works like that. :x

Fascinating. I like you.

Added you bc I love your avatar, just watched that movie a few days ago.

D26.png

You're awesome - I repay the favour somehow.

Add me on PSN if you like. PSNID = Tokunbo

KevinG

Game comes out September 9th!
First kid due September 13th!
Hmm, 4 days of Destiny and then I'll see everyone in November....lol. Don't take all the loot.

I managed to play the mess out of the Beta with a newborn in July. All while still doing a good share of the work with diaper changing and baby soothing. You can do it!

Wookieomg

Well, destiny is always online, so we'd all be equally fucked. :|

If you plan on playing it a lot, do you really want to have to keep putting the disc in? Destiny is one of those games that you'll likely be going back to regularly, so having it digitally may make more sense for you. I wouldn't worry about digital woes, those tend to be pretty uncommon cases as long as your PS4 is set to primary.

Valid points! I didn't need much convincing, I'm on the hype train in a big way lol. Digital here I come woohooooo

Wallach

I don't know, I'll have to try it out for myself. I REALLY enjoyed the desintegrating face punch.

You keep the punch as well; that attack is enabled after using melee while sprinting for a certain amount of time. That's the aerial version too; if done on the ground you shoulder check dudes into oblivion.

Navy Bean

I managed to play the mess out of the Beta with a newborn in July. All while still doing a good share of the work with diaper changing and baby soothing. You can do it!
That's sounds good, but I'm planning on no gaming just so I'm not disappointed...ha

Yoday

You keep the punch as well; that attack is enabled after using melee while sprinting for a certain amount of time. That's the aerial version too; if done on the ground you shoulder check dudes into oblivion.
Well then, that is just bad ass!

So five minutes ago my Ghost Edition still hadn't shipped from Amazon.
I wanted to let you all know that as of 30 seconds ago, it still hasn't shipped.
More updates in 4 minutes.

:p

Yoday

Fascinating. I like you.

You're awesome - I repay the favour somehow.

Add me on PSN if you like. PSNID = Tokunbo
That is pretty awesome! Congrats on the new avatar. Is that the Oregon O?

I really need to find a new Avatar for myself, something Destiny or Titan related. This JFG is long past needing replacement.

Fun fact, if your shutdown (not standby) your ps4 during the preload, it thinks it finished and you have to delete and restart the download.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom