• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

bGanci

Banned
New, from the LE. Unlock emblems and shaders

Edit: I didn't realize new page =p

This thread moves fast. Anyone else going to miss being this hyped about the game once it comes out? There is just something about anticipating a new release that is appealing.

Trace

Banned
This thread moves fast. Anyone else going to miss being this hyped about the game once it comes out? There is just something about anticipating a new release that is appealing.

Hype is half the reason I preorder games.

Hype is tons of fun, anticipating and getting that rush of actually being able to play.

Seibmoz

Has anyone who got the game early tried installing the disc to see the actual download size of the game? And not the pre load size.

I won't be immediately available on launch (retail here are sometimes slow a day or two, lame), but add me if you all feel like it:

PSN : Nightygale

pixxxelz

anybody else got this error when you were preloading the game?
Ig1T9sa.jpg

greyskull

I currently have the Limited edition pre-ordered on Amazon. I wanted to buy disc so I don't have to deal with downloading 20+GB. But I'm also reading that the disc drive is loud. Does it continue running even after it installs? As I think about it more, I don't mind downloading it since it'll be once and stick for a long time.

EDIT: I sit very close to my PS4, so the noise will likely bother me.

I currently have the Limited edition pre-ordered on Amazon. I wanted to buy disc so I don't have to deal with downloading 20+GB. But I'm also reading that the disc drive is loud. Does it continue running even after it installs? As I think about it more, I don't mind downloading it since it'll be once and stick for a long time.

The disc drive is not loud. The only thing that makes noise is actually putting the disc in.

Yoday

Hype is half the reason I preorder games.

Hype is tons of fun, anticipating and getting that rush of actually being able to play.
Yeah, it's great. I get pretty hyped up for just about every game that I buy on day one. I just love being excited for new games and enjoying the anticipation leading up to them. There is never a point in time that I am not eagerly anticipating something. I guess I just find that always having something to look forward to, no matter how small, is one of the things that makes life so great. :)

Respect

Is it weird that I'm thinking of writing a story in Destiny's world now?

I'm not a bestselling author by a longshot, but I do write, dammit!

1398917811851.gif

So guys, Do you think most people will burn out on Destiny after 2 weeks from release? Some people believe that two weeks from release, most people will already burn all through the content itself.

At least I hope the OT regulars stay here. At least for a month or two. ;)

I think there will be certainly some who burn out, but the game will have staying power. Once I get to that point where its mostly raids/pvp I know my time will diminish some.

There are some games in Oct/Nov that I will probably wait on because of Destiny, but I'm sure I'll re-up with WoW come late oct/early nov and that will cut into Destiny. Don't plan on dropping it though, just split time.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
anybody else got this error when you were preloading the game?
Ig1T9sa.jpg

Yeah but it still shows as installed when I look at My add-ons. I wouldn't worry about it.

I'd imagine having a physical copy right in front of you would be worse...

No way. You can throw a physical copy in the closet somewhere. Out of sight, out of mind. This thing is sitting on my PS4, installed, patched, ready to go. Always there when I turn it on. :(

bGanci

Banned
Here's some more pics! I was looking around on the Destiny App to see if the people with access had changed anything or acquire any new gear. (had to turn up the brightness to see it better)

Awesome but!!! I'm mad are you because i don't want to see any more gear!!!I want to be surprised lol Can we add a spoiler tag for all gear from now till release? :)
when exactly? in est time

8AM i believe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom