• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezekial45

Banned
I didn't get a download for the Vanguard armory. I pre-ordered the digital version and pre-loaded two files, both about 200mb each.

What's up? I see people already downloading the Vanguard pack.

Jafo_

Nice. Is anyone else a little ticked off that they aren't wiping on the 9th? I mean, it's Bungie and their families, but it's still people running around in the Crucible with much better weapons and abilities. I thought they would do a universal wipe when the public servers opened.

I believe they will be wiped, but I could be wrong

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Awesome but!!! I'm mad are you because i don't want to see any more gear!!!I want to be surprised lol Can we add a spoiler tag for all gear from now till release? :)

Yeah, I would support spoiler tagging gear at this point. The discovery of new swag is part of the game's appeal.

I'm never pre-ordering something like this digital again. If I want it hour one, I can take a short car ride. Better than an 18 hour inconvenience (torture).

Not to mention there's no price difference and digital has zero resell value. I'll probably just bite the bullet and buy a physical copy from a mom and pop, then craigslist it the next day.

I didn't get a download for the Vanguard armory. I pre-ordered the digital version and pre-loaded two files, both about 200mb each.

just depends on whether your pre-load did it or not, it seems to be dependent on the user but the things that seem to be failing are either the vanguard pack or the season pass, both which wouldn't be too big to download when the game comes out. But the full pre-load of the title itself is 18-19 GB, which downloads in the background.

NoTacos

Nice. Is anyone else a little ticked off that they aren't wiping on the 9th? I mean, it's Bungie and their families, but it's still people running around in the Crucible with much better weapons and abilities. I thought they would do a universal wipe when the public servers opened.

How is it that some of these people are at level 25?

Is it strange that I wish this game was cross-platform? I have always been a huge PC gamer, but I recently purchased a xbox one because of my friends. However, I wish this game was the same eco-system that a real MMO was (like a PC game would be). Everyone playing together would be nice...yes, I know this would be a make believe world of rainbows and lollipops!

Charcoal

It's not like it's thousands of people. It's a few team and family members.

Where is your proof of this?

Seil

So, my cousin purchased the ps3 version of the expansion pack by mistake. Is there anyway it'd work for ps4?

http://www.destinythegame.com/digital-upgrade

Edit: whoops didn't read the expansion pack part. MMMMMMMMMmmmMmmmm probably not.

From the FAQ:

When you buy/redeem the Destiny Digital Base Game, Digital Guardian Edition, or Expansion Pass on or before January 15th, 2015, you can download the Playstation®4 version from the PlayStation®Store for free by doing the following:

- Log into your PlayStation®4 using the same Sony Entertainment Network Account (PSN ID) used to buy/redeem the Destiny digital content on PlayStation®3.
- Navigate to the Destiny content page or search for the corresponding item you purchased previously on PlayStation®3.
- Add the item to your cart and complete the transaction.
- Wait for the download to complete.

Expansion Pass content (which includes Expansions I and II) will only be available for full download once released.

So it sounds like the pass works too.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Cross posting from the preload has started thread.
Problem: if you're on a Japanese account the timer for the preloaded game ticks until Thursday (Japanese release day) despite buying the game from US PSN.
Oh yes that stupidity happened with pvz, that's why I haven't logged in my other account. Lol

The only workaround to avoid the lock was I had to re-download the game(when it releases) , this is a choice that defeats the purpose of preloading and not the best choice for slow connections.
Let's say it's been released in he US.
If we preload the game now, log in to the us account and unlock it, when we switch to the Japanese one, it will still be blocked for 2 more days.
BUT if we download the full game after it's properly released, it won't be treated as a preorder waiting to unlock and we'll be able to play it on any account?

From the FAQ:

So it sounds like the pass works too.
Maybe it will. Worth a shot.

Man I love this gif
6Pfs2pz.gif

Spawnling

anybody else got this error when you were preloading the game?
Ig1T9sa.jpg

Wouldn't worry. We (PS4 Players) weren't "suppose" to preload anything today anyways. The "official" preload date is actually on Sunday for us. I wouldn't delete it, just let it sit. My screen looks the exact same way right now.

Cruxist

Has anybody been able to redeem their Call of Duty pre-order code? I sunk low and pre-ordered just for the shader. But I can't seem to enter it on PS4 just yet.

We’ve lost count of how many brave heroes we’ve nurtured down the path from inception to legend, only to lose them to a new build of Destiny. The Hunters, Titans, and Warlocks that we’re playing as now will endure. They just need some more company in the Tower – and out in the wild.

Source: Bungie Weekly Update

Doesn't bother me, tbh.

Trace

Banned
Has anybody been able to redeem their Call of Duty pre-order code? I sunk low and pre-ordered just for the shader. But I can't seem to enter it on PS4 just yet.

Neither can I. I'm waiting until after launch before I go and yell at EB Games/Gamestop to see if it only activates after launch.

I got a weird code from them that was actually 13 digits (for PS4) and the description said it was some kind of bonus that works in COD:Ghosts. I think PSN codes are only 12 digits long. It's quite odd.

I triple checked my order, I am guessing their system for spitting out codes is just wacked right now. This is actually ebgames in Canada.

I wrote them back asking what was up. No reply yet.

majik13

what if the COD shader codes are universal, like these others?

mindblown.gif

seriously doubt it

edit: even less likely since I now remember it being a system code and not a bungie code

are these exclusive shaders or are they available to purchase/unlock in the game at some point?

Lee

Doesn't sound like it.

From tonight's weekly update:

This week at Bungie, we created Guardians that will never die.

The Hunters, Titans, and Warlocks that we’re playing as now will endure. They just need some more company in the Tower – and out in the wild.

To prepare for your arrival, we’ve begun the adventure. As sweet as it is to be taking steps in the boots of characters that will survive long enough to reach their full potential, the experience is incomplete without you.

It's pretty clear they're not going to wipe on release day.

Can a Blessed Photoshop Wizard take the Destiny tricorn and make a Superman S-Shield with it? Maybe one in regular Superman red/yellow and the other in the Destiny blues to see which rocks harder?

I would cover your 6 eternally if so!

Trying again for the evening shoppers! =)

Anyone?

Or maybe just the trihorn on Supes' back with my current ava but I;d think that would be hard to work with all the folds in the cape.

If you wind up needing a Vanguard code, let me know. I'll have an extra from getting the a White PS4 Destiny bundle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom