• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiiikoo

Banned
I got a SMS from the shop I preordered Destiny in February. They're going to send it on monday, hope it travels to my door for tuesday!

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Yeah. It's some conversation from the main DestinyGAF group, but I can't actually read it to get rid of the notification.

Ahhh, I see - Thanks Wallach, at least I know I'm not alone now in my eternal notification-ness!

Nothing happens for me either when I click on the DestinyGAF conversation, that's the one saying "5 days to go" and such - I'm glad it's not just mine then, probably easy to fix at the admin/bnet end.

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT
internet-fight.gif

Everyone in this thread should use it, lol

Does anyone know if Amazon send their digital codes early, or would I have to wait for the 9th to get the code then spend time downloading the game?

I didn't get a download for the Vanguard armory. I pre-ordered the digital version and pre-loaded two files, both about 200mb each.

What's up? I see people already downloading the Vanguard pack.

It's seems like the EU store handles the download a bit differently than the US store.
Go to the store, click on my library you'll see Destiny and the count down timer, it should also say 1 Add-Ons. Click on that and it should show you that the Vanguard Armory is already installed.

Edit: You will have to click on My Add-Ons again to actually see that.
Edit 2: You can actually skip most of that process by just going to the Destiny Icon on your PDM and then scroll down to Related Items and clicking My Add-Ons.

Where did you see it say reverse cross-buy works? I thought this wasn't the case.

Was wondering the exact same thing.

Cronnie

Anyone else have a constant notification in their Bungie.net conversations icon?

Mine says I have 1 new conversation/notification regardless If I've checked all my conversations or not, pretty weird.

Yup, I've got the same DestinyGAF conversation I can't read either:

oo6zDdD.png

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
I can't see why they would allow reverse from a business sense.. but awesome if so!
I will reverse for laughs to my PS3 to do comparisons, then reverse back just for the lulz.

Gad Damn, I can't wait to see what changes have been made from Beta... new frabjous armour sets, new delicious dance moves (pls).

I left DestinyGAF to clear the notification.

Also, it's great to see that you can redeem a DLC code for 360/PS3 to get the content on XB1/PS4, respectively.

Homeboyd

You can read the messages if you go to the group and click the group wall. This is a new feature they just added that allows the group wall "chat" to be viewed via your inbox. It's just glitched atm. Like I said, go to the actual group and click the wall if you want to see the whole conversation.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
I left DestinyGAF to clear the notification.

Also, it's great to see that you can redeem a DLC code for 360/PS3 to get the content on XB1/PS4, respectively.

Did you re-join mate?

I would hate to think we lost a brother Guardian because of a notification error :(

You can read the messages if you go to the group and click the group wall. This is a new feature they just added that allows the group wall "chat" to be viewed via your inbox. It's just glitches atm. Like I said, go to the actual group and click the wall if you want to see the whole conversation.

Will that clear the notification? Wait.. I'll go try myself (I'm a bit lazy sometimes) :D

Gskyace

I've downloaded 12GB/18GB, and the file is 21GB.
Mine is digital guardian edition, shows the ULC, but no DLC pass.

Anyone has downloaded all 18GB?

I downloded it to my ps4. All you disc people, I hope UPS mishandles your discs and and you end up getting them on Wednesday. All the meantime I'm leveling up my Hunter and getting legendary loot.

Bish, excuse my drunk post!!!!

malfcn

Expectations for how quick people will get online?

PS4 - 24 hours
5 minutes to install, but PSN goes down for a day.

Xbox One - 24 hours
Takes a day to install, but logs in 5 minutes.

Sirim

Eh, there are some legit concerns. Mostly about PvP.

PvE seems good so far, though, so :).

Problem with that thread is trolls.
Oh yeah definitely. Got my share of concerns for sure, though mostly about PvE.

Just want to avoid the pre-order cancelled rhetoric.

Trace

Banned
Expectations for how quick people will get online?

PS4 - 24 hours
5 minutes to install, but PSN goes down for a day.

Xbox One - 24 hours
Takes a day to install, but logs in 5 minutes.

72 hours. All of Bungie's servers simultaneously explode and they need to buy new ones.

I downloded it to my ps4. All you disc people, I hope UPS mishandles your discs and and you end up getting them on Wednesday. All the meantime I'm leveling up my Hunter and getting legendary loot.

Bish, excuse my drunk post!!!!

In reality they'll be playing on the 8th, while you and me are waiting till it's the 9th on the West Coast.

MidEvlDed

I've downloaded 12GB/18GB, and the file is 21GB.
Mine is digital guardian edition, shows the ULC, but no DLC pass.

Anyone has downloaded all 18GB?

Same here. Downloaded 18gb but the expansion shows up as $34.99 for me. Hopefully it will activate at a later date.

NoTacos

The biggest con I've heard about going full digital is that if the game gets pulled off the server you can't re-download it, but seeing as I never seem to keep a physical collection anyways (I literally have never kept a solid library, everything gets either traded or resold at one point or another) maybe all digital is whats best for me in this generation.

I highly doubt Destiny will get pulled from the servers anytime soon, especially with it's "10 year plan". Also, if the game ever gets pulled from the server, it probably means that the game itself is getting shut down, meaning a physical copy is just as useless as a digital copy since the game is essentially an MMO.

Looks like its time to move some trade in credit tomorrow morning at Gamestop.

Trace

Banned
The biggest con I've heard about going full digital is that if the game gets pulled off the server you can't re-download it, but seeing as I never seem to keep a physical collection anyways (I literally have never kept a solid library, everything gets either traded or resold at one point or another) maybe all digital is whats best for me in this generation.

I highly doubt Destiny will get pulled from the servers anytime soon, especially with it's "10 year plan". Also, if the game ever gets pulled from the server, it probably means that the game itself is getting shut down, meaning a physical copy is just as useless as a digital copy since the game is essentially an MMO.

Looks like its time to move some trade in credit tomorrow morning at Gamestop.

Destiny can't exist without the server being online, there is no offline component. So yea, this one doesn't matter for digital vs physical.

Destiny can't exist without the server being online, there is no offline component. So yea, this one doesn't matter for digital vs physical.

"Pulled off the server" in this case would likely refer to the PSN Store/XBL Store servers rather than the Bungie servers... since it's talking about downloads.

GlamFM

Banned
"Pulled off the server" in this case would likely refer to the PSN Store/XBL Store servers rather than the Bungie servers... since it's talking about downloads.

Read again.

NoTacos

Exactly. Plus I'm hoping buying games like this will give me better buying habits because lord knows buying $60 games every 2-3 months is makes my wallet cry. I just wanna buy a game and fully invest in it. It seems this game has a long term plan like WoW in terms of expansions so I'm sticking to it.

I just want games with replay value. Give me that and I end up spending less money in the long run.

So if I buy PS3 version I can't pre-load it on PS4? That's a bummer. I'm buying PS3 digital Guardian edition which is about $64 here on Indian PSN, which is cheaper than PS4 regular version (yeah PSN prices are screwed up here), was kinda hoping I would avoid launch day rush by pre-loading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom