• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone who is getting the Ghost edition, im somewhat curious to know how many sayings/phrases it has in it. Does anyone know or have a list?

grimmiq

So are servers up and the people that already got their physical copies playing?

Or is that Dataeater dude a dev? Noticed he has a lot of activity in the last month down the right side of the profile.

the game is not even fucking out yet and im already confused by all this talk about codes and unlocks and cards and vanguards and shiet. im already doomed. i couldnt even keep up with tf2. ughhh. guess ill shoot things.

Trace

Banned
the game is not even fucking out yet and im already confused by all this talk about codes and unlocks and cards and vanguards and shiet. im already doomed. i couldnt even keep up with tf2. ughhh. guess ill shoot things.

The codes are just for a few small things that don't really impact much. You input most of them at your profile on bungie.net

The codes give you grimoire cards which are basically their own little achievement system, the other unlocks are armor shaders which make your armor look different.

Vanguard Armory is a set of weapons for level 5 or 10 or something.

Digital copy is Cross Buy!

http://www.destinythegame.com/digital-upgrade
(̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶p̶p̶a̶r̶e̶n̶t̶l̶y̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶r̶e̶v̶e̶r̶s̶e̶ ̶c̶r̶o̶s̶s̶ ̶b̶u̶y̶!̶)̶

Buv0eqV.png

hydruxo

I hope there's a mode with no supers because that was my only issue with the PvP. Getting one shotted by supers all the time just isn't fun.

So I was at bestbuy and saw this...

H7f9hrfl.jpg

Why do they tempt me so?

Looks like they are expecting to sell a lot more of these on PS4 than Xbox One.

MidEvlDed

For people on the west coast, if the servers do unlock at midnight, how long are you planning on playing? I'm worried about fucking up my sleep schedule. I could see myself playing until like 8am if all goes well with the servers. But ideally I'll have some restraint and stop around 4 or 5.

darkwing

question about the digital upgrade, can you still play on the PS3 version? so can a friend and I split the cost of the PS3 game, then I will use that to upgrade to the PS4 version for free, if so can my friend with his PS3 continue to play with his copy?

Trace

Banned
question about the digital upgrade, can you still play on the PS3 version? so can a friend and I split the cost of the PS3 game, then I will use that to upgrade to the PS4 version for free, if so can my friend with his PS3 continue to play with his copy?

They would both be on the same account and I don't think one account can play two games at once.

Trace

Banned
The traveler is you. It was you all along.

I thought the traveler was your dead father who was killed by the Fallen when you were a little boy on Mars which got invaded, and you were sent to Earth as the last super solider of an ancient race of floating orbs, but you got changed into a guardian by the light which also happens to be intimately involved with the Naaru and when you get involded by the travel adn go to wars the end

Tonyus

Is the cross buy deal still good if you bought the PS4 version? I would love to play as my Titan on the PS3 while I'm on the road (PS4 stays at home). I, for one, will be pretty miffed if they don't offer the cross buy for PS4 buyers. We had no idea this was coming.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Anyone else have a constant notification in their Bungie.net conversations icon?

Mine says I have 1 new conversation/notification regardless If I've checked all my conversations or not, pretty weird.

..like:

Wallach

Anyone else have a constant notification in their Bungie.net conversations icon?

Mine says I have 1 new conversation/notification regardless If I've checked all my conversations or not, pretty weird.

..like:

Yeah. It's some conversation from the main DestinyGAF group, but I can't actually read it to get rid of the notification.

Strider

Sees thread titled Destiny - Your Expectation

Stays the hell away

Same for me. No way I'm entering that thread...

But to answer that question. The #1 concern I have and probably for most people is PvP balance. I'd love a non-super mode as well.

I expect PvE to be great from the start and only get better as more strikes/raids/areas get added.

Edit: page 125 and we're still days away from release. You could say Gaf is a little hype for the game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom