• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kard8p3

Anyone willing to Destiny up my avatar? Maybe replace the kiss sticker or something.

i90RRuwqnUPGn.png

Reposting again for several pages later ;)

So if I buy PS3 version I can't pre-load it on PS4? That's a bummer. I'm buying PS3 digital Guardian edition which is about $64 here on Indian PSN, which is cheaper than PS4 regular version (yeah PSN prices are screwed up here), was kinda hoping I would avoid launch day rush by pre-loading.

That seems kind of confusing...

You want to be able to preload the PS4 version since you bought the PS3 version? I know that you get a free upgrade to the PS4 version if you purchase last-gen, but not sure how that can work.

Work on Tuesday is going to be the worst of it for me. Reading impressions from people lucky enough to have been able to take off work or not have to go in that day is going to be the worst.

i'll be off the internet from tuesday til thursday. don't want to see or hear any impressions but my own.

Posting more codes for those who haven't had a chance to redeem them from Bungie.net

Warlock
YKA-RJG-MH9

Hunter
3DA-P4X-F6A

Titan
MVD-4N3-NKH

Rixis
TCN-HCD-TGY

Old Russia
HDX-ALM-V4K

Hive
473-MXR-3X9

Moon
JMR-LFN-4A3

Gjallorhorn Launcher
HC3-H44-DKC

Duke Mk. 44
69P-KRM-JJA

The Tower
69P-VCH-337

Hive Ogre
69R-CKD-X7L

Valley of the Kings
69R-DDD-FCP

The Fallen
69R-F99-AXG

Red Death
69R-VL7-J6A

The Cabal
69X-DJN-74V

The Devastated Coast
6A7-7NP-3X7

Vex Minotaur
6A9-DTG-YGN

Read again.

I'm well aware of what that post said in it's entirety. Except it isn't an MMO in that sense and we're going to see full fledged sequels instead of just expansions (and this is evidenced by the fact that Bungie is calling the smaller additions expansions yet we know there's technically a 'Destiny 2...3...4.. etc..' are coming eventually.

In this sense.. Destiny won't be MMO-like in the sense of one client with extremely large patches called expansions and charged full price for. Eventually there will be new games which will release on a new disc (and likely new client for the digital crowd) and what will carry over is the Character Data. And just as players can go back and forth between Gens.. players will be able to do the same between discs/clients.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
If someone wants to Destinyify my avatar, I'd appreciate it! I just want some kind of iconic Destiny imagery on the screen. I'm not feeling too picky.

My hype for Destiny is slowly but steadily rising. Me and this ten year old I babysit were talking about how excited we are. :)

Cuphead

Banned
If someone wants to Destinyify my avatar, I'd appreciate it! I just want some kind of iconic Destiny imagery on the screen. I'm not feeling too picky.

My hype for Destiny is slowly but steadily rising. Me and this ten year old I babysit were talking about how excited we are. :)
cat2.png

cat3.png

cat1.png

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
http://s3.postimg.org/oi1p5i9tr/cat2.png[IMG]
[IMG]http://s3.postimg.org/kvraf4e2n/cat3.png[IMG]
[IMG]http://s16.postimg.org/cl9elrjpd/cat1.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
Okay, maybe I'm kind of picky, lol. I was thinking of replacing the blue computer screen with some type of Destiny imagery. Thanks for the effort tho!

darthbob

Heh, this coming week is the only time for the past 2 months that I'll be glad that I'm currently unemployed. Destiny will fulfill that void.

NoTacos

I'm well aware of what that post said in it's entirety. Except it isn't an MMO in that sense and we're going to see full fledged sequels instead of just expansions (and this is evidenced by the fact that Bungie is calling the smaller additions expansions yet we know there's technically a 'Destiny 2...3...4.. etc..' are coming eventually.

In this sense.. Destiny won't be MMO-like in the sense of one client with extremely large patches called expansions and charged full price for. Eventually there will be new games which will release on a new disc (and likely new client for the digital crowd) and what will carry over is the Character Data. And just as players can go back and forth between Gens.. players will be able to do the same between discs/clients.

Sick hunter cape avy dude. The only point I was trying to get across was by the time a new Destiny comes out (I'm hoping 2-3 years from now) there won't be much resale value for me so I might as well keep the game in my digital library (which is the only way I keep games, physicals get traded in). If the game gets decommissioned, residual value is nil due to the nature of the game (mandatory online).

Not using games for trade in credit is probably better for me in the long run anyways. The plan is to find games with high replay value and invest in them. For games that are hyped up but don't have a demo, I'll just redbox them for a day to test them out.

Seil

I'm part of the DestinyGAF EU group and now bungie.net says I'm not currently in any clan. Is this normal?

Yeah, everyone was booted from the actual clan setting. Groups persisted but the clan feature did not. When it comes back you should just have to interact and set as clan again.

Sick hunter cape avy dude. The only point I was trying to get across was by the time a new Destiny comes out (I'm hoping 2-3 years from now) there won't be much resale value for me so I might as well keep the game in my digital library (which is the only way I keep games, physicals get traded in). If the game gets decommissioned, residual value is nil due to the nature of the game (mandatory online).

Not using games for trade in credit is probably better for me in the long run anyways. The plan is to find games with high replay value and invest in them. For games that are hyped up but don't have a demo, I'll just redbox them for a day to test them out.

Thanks. It was apart of a bunch of high res images that Bungie released about 2-3 weeks ago.

While I understand what you're going for.. investing in games isn't at all reliable since there's so many factors. But rather than talking about things in abstract, I'll say this... As a Husband and Father of two awesome little boys.. I know all to well the reality of buying less games yearly and trading in the old ones towards the new ones whenever you DO indeed buy a new game. So in terms of mileage for your money... longevity reigns supreme. However it's worth noting that Online Only vs Hybrid isn't as conclusive as you may think. There's more factors involved

NoTacos

Thanks. It was apart of a bunch of high res images that Bungie released about 2-3 weeks ago.

While I understand what you're going for.. investing in games isn't at all reliable since there's so many factors. But rather than talking about things in abstract, I'll say this... As a Husband and Father of two awesome little boys.. I know all to well the reality of buying less games yearly and trading in the old ones towards the new ones whenever you DO indeed buy a new game. So in terms of mileage for your money... longevity reigns supreme. However it's worth noting that Online Only vs Hybrid isn't as conclusive as you may think. There's more factors involved

Very true. It's just in this case it seems like it won't really matter in the long run because at some point the game won't be supported anymore. There are definitely other hybrid games that I've been following that I will most likely get on digital download if the demos are to my liking, mostly because I don't really have a love for game cases anymore. If it fits on my hard drive then I'm good.

Yeah, everyone was booted from the actual clan setting. Groups persisted but the clan feature did not. When it comes back you should just have to interact and set as clan again.

The site has been iffy concerning groups and clans. Issues should be ironed out by launch though.

Thanks! By the way, does anyone know when the Destiny companion app for iPad (the tablet-optimized version) will come out? It was supposed to be ready by launch.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
I have to start work in an hour... gutted I'll miss the meeting.

I'll see if I can scoot away for a while to Google+ it up in the back bar, no headsets/mics available at the club unfortunately lol.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
If people are making avatars and emblems, may I make a request?

Could you take the current one I have and add a classy " '04 " to it?

Hi, I'm dmg
I'm a mentor on Bungie.net, and a Mythic Member (lol)
'04 or bust is a thing, you know.

;)

Cuphead

Banned
If people are making avatars and emblems, may I make a request?

Could you take the current one I have and add a classy " '04 " to it?

Hi, I'm dmg
I'm a mentor on Bungie.net, and a Mythic Member (lol)
'04 or bust is a thing, you know.

;)

mentors_badge.png
mentors_badge.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom