• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn I totally missed the Digital cross buy news.

Since the Digital guardian edition on the ps3 is 64$ here ( what? why?) I might get that and download the ps4 version after launch.

Hagi

you should be able to play the multiplayer just fine. to not have your eu account locked out, you might have to go on your US account and activate the ps4 as your console so you're not locked out of the content on your EU account.

I think i did that when i bought Black Flag and Lego Marvel because i play them from my UK account. Thanks for the help.

I'm not sure if you will be able to get DLC for the game. Can anyone confirm?

I would just buy the US DLC. £20 vs £35 is an easy purchase :p

Zakalwe

Banned
The wait is getting too much.

I have Wed to Sunday off work.
The house to myself.
A brand new white ps4 (picking up Tuesday).

I'm going to a friend's during the day on Friday to work on an app we're building, but aside from that it's five days of Destiny.

Played the beta on the ps3. Really looking forward to seeing the difference on ps4.

Goddamn it. Tuesday. Be closer. Please. ;_;

Nugg

Holy shit Amazon France just cancelled my Ghost edition because of lack of stock. Goddamnit I'm pissed :(

Follow up: customer service has been contacted. They reassured me, it shouldn't happen often! GREAT! Am I still screwed? Why yes sir, of course!

So after seeing that Destiny had been optimised for PS Vita, I may have just gone on to ebay and purchased myself a second hand Vita. It has been a very long time since I got this hyped for a game, that I dropped another £85 quid on something to improve my gaming.

Wallach

Eyes are unnecessary and would just reduce space in my Exo's head for more FKPUs.

That's Flying Knee Processing Units for you casuals out there.

Truant

So I haven't really been following this game that much, but I do like Bungie when they focus on exploration and huge worlds, so I'm definitely looking forward to this. I decided to check out some videos on YouTube, and the GameSpot "final thoughts" on the beta were pretty worrysome. Are the classes really that negligiblein terms of differences? I guess Bungie have their reasons for not wanting to to adhere to MMO standards, but WoW can easily be soloed no matter what you play like.

This kinda bums me out, as everyone is basically the same except for some small differences. Maybe they come into their own later on, but since the level-cap is 20, it seems strange that a level 8 Warlock doesn't feel that different from a level 8 Hunter. The WoW equivalent would be level 40, where you've been experiencing the very essence of that class for quite some time. Maybe I shouldn't compare this to WoW, maybe it's not an MMO, but then why even have these classes and miniscule differences when they don't matter? I'm confused.

SnakeEyes

Banned
So I haven't really been following this game that much, but I do like Bungie when they focus on exploration and huge worlds, so I'm definitely looking forward to this. I decided to check out some videos on YouTube, and the GameSpot "final thoughts" on the beta were pretty worrysome. Are the classes really that negligble in terms of differences? I guess Bungie have their reasons for not wanting to to adhere to MMO standards, but WoW can easily be soloed no matter what you play like.

This kinda bums me out, as everyone is basically the same except for some small differences. Maybe they come into their own later on, but since the level-cap is 20, it seems strange that a level 8 Warlock doesn't feel that different from a level 8 Hunter. The WoW equivalent would be level 40, where you've been experiencing the very essence of that class for quite some time. Maybe I shouldn't compare this to WoW, maybe it's not an MMO, but then why even have these classes and miniscule differences when they don't matter? I'm confused.
Big thing to take away is that Destiny is NOT an MMO. It's a FPS that has online elements, and some co-op options. FPSRPG? Fallout-Lite by the Makers of Halo, with hubworlds and friends?

Zakalwe

Banned
It's a goddamn joke :p

People are sensitive. Racial jokes are best avoided.

-

PSN: fluentfox (if you add me please mention neogaf)

Playing on ps4. Only have one friend who is buying Destiny at launch. Would love some more people to play with.

I'm decent at the Crucible, had a k/d of around 4-1 in the Beta (if that matters to you). WIlling to play with anyone of any skill level but would like to find a confident team for Raid content.

I'm based in the UK, London.

Cheers!

People are sensitive. Racial jokes are best avoided.

-

PSN: fluentfox (if you add me, please mention neogaf)

Playing on ps4. Only have one friend who is buying Destiny at launch. Would love some more people to play with.

I'm decent at the Crucible, had a k/d of around 4-1 in the Beta (if that matters to you). WIlling to play with anyone of any skill level but would like to find a confident team for Raid content.

I'm based in the UK, London.

Cheers!

I'll add you, looking forward playing some rounds with you in Destiny :)

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
So I haven't really been following this game that much, but I do like Bungie when they focus on exploration and huge worlds, so I'm definitely looking forward to this. I decided to check out some videos on YouTube, and the GameSpot "final thoughts" on the beta were pretty worrysome. Are the classes really that negligble in terms of differences? I guess Bungie have their reasons for not wanting to to adhere to MMO standards, but WoW can easily be soloed no matter what you play like.

The way the leveling works was that you didn't even get a super until level 5, so the cap really limited stuff as the early game was samey. They also have a subclass available with a completely different skilltree that was unlocked at a higher level, so I'd imagine it will change a lot when people get their hands on it.

Bennehmaru

Neo Member
Looked at my inbox this morning and found a dispatch note from the courier saying my ghost edition will be delivered on Monday.

Can.

Not.

Wait!

Karl Hawk

Banned
So what are you guys doing to pass the time? I personally am replaying AC4.

Playing Diablo 3 on PS4. And now that I got WoW for my PC, that should help me pass the time till the Dark Below comes out on December.

Aside from that, university is keeping me busy. :p

Forsete

What is the estimated estimation of how long the estimated single player campaign is? I want it to be deliciously long.

Zakalwe

Banned
What is the estimated estimation of how long the estimated single player campaign is? I want it to be deliciously long.

20 hours would suit me, I have a feeling it will be shorter though with the social aspects and free-roaming padding things out (not in a bad way though, I really loved roaming about with random squads in the beta).

Marvel

could never
shopto dispatched my game today, monday is a possibility #kreygasm

*checks Amazon*

Nothing.

iYKu8u4w5oTkS.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom