• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joining in the excitement. New avatar get!

:p

pUy742N.png
>>>
XWHtpj1.png

ChuckNyce

Man you are lucky lol I really stopped get anything from amazon once the taxes thing the last time I got anything was the reach console on launch day I had a week off for it wasn't able to do that for this game though, but it didn't come til 1 in the afternoon. I guess it's just where my house is, the ups guy just doesn't come early enough. :(

If you have a UPS Customer Center nearby, you can sign up for a free UPS My Choice account and choose to pick the package up instead of having it delivered. Package should be there as soon as customer center opens on that day (mine opens at 8:30). Did that for both my PS4 and Xbone launch systems, beats waiting around till 5PM for them to make it around to my house.

MrMuscle

Destiny’s servers will go live on Monday, September 8, at 12 noon GMT / 7am EDT / 4am PDT.

Anyone who gets hold of the game early – including press reviewing Bungie’s shooter – will be able to play. Whether retailers begin sending out the game ahead of its September 9 launch is another matter.

Expect Twitch, Twitter and other social channels to start going bonkers from that point onwards.

The press are free to post impressions, screens and streams of the game, although Sony has requested that all review scores are held off until Tuesday, 7:01am GMT.

We have our copy of the game. Come back on Monday for impressions and a whole lot more.

http://www.vg247.com/2014/09/06/destiny-servers-live/

A sad day to be on #teamdigital and in Norway :(

robo

so, you mean that eventhough servers will be up, our digi game wont start until a full day later?
Is this the case? 'cause if it is, I might save some of that hulk fury for activision/bungie too

digital games unlock at midnight, unless your EST then is 3am, you have to wait for the PST guys to get to 12:00

p3tran

Banned
digital games unlock at midnight, unless your EST then is 3am, you have to wait for the PST guys to get to 12:00
I'm in Greece, timezone is different. but here I read that servers will be up on monday.

now, if servers are up for anybody that got his hands on a hard copy, but locked for everyone that prepaid and predownloaded, well, that sucks!
digital choice is also much more "healthy" for bungie/activision, since this copy can never go and be resold, thus depriving bungie of an extra sale down the road.
but if I see that going digital -instead of "thank you"- will actually mean I get to start ...later than physical copies, then ...fuck this digital shit? bungie, that is racist! :D

Ark

Can't believe people are complaining about having to wait an extra few hours for the actual release just because they've gone digital?

p3tran

Banned
Can't believe people are complaining about having to wait an extra few hours for the actual release just because they've gone digital?
well, you better start believing it

if servers are up for physical, I want my game insta-unlocked too. makes sense, no?

Vitanimus

I'm in Greece, timezone is different. but here I read that servers will be up on monday.

now, if servers are up for anybody that got his hands on a hard copy, but locked for everyone that prepaid and predownloaded, well, that sucks!
digital choice is also much more "healthy" for bungie/activision, since this copy can never go and be resold, thus depriving bungie of an extra sale down the road.
but if I see that going digital -instead of "thank you"- will actually mean I get to start ...later than physical copies, then ...fuck this digital shit? bungie, that is racist! :D

this post is terrible

Tovarisc

well, you better start believing it

if servers are up, I want my game insta-unlocked. makes sense, no?

If servers are up almost 12h early I do want my hard copy early from the store because I paid kinda big monies for it and I want play it instantly when it comes online.

Makes sense, no?

robo

If you get your hard copy on Monday in EU you can play from 13:00 on Monday, digital orders will be Midnight Monday/Tuesday morning 12:01

Some of us who have physical copies monday that won't get to play them untill tuesday evening (AKA ME) then I am a full 3o hrs behind :(

Marvel

could never
Linking my accounts has kicked me out of dgaf and I've lost my Admin status, fuck better get that sorted lol.

I checked my countdown again still 3am EST. Was hoping they would have a change of heart but alas. Not giving up though, Bungie is good people and opened the beta early during its downtime. Probably Grace's fault at PSN!!!! ha

Also could I get a destiny logo on my avatar from one of you fine artists? pretty please
baltimore_ravens.jpg

Maybe in the entire background of the soon to be Super Bowl Champs? or whatever you can do. Thanks!

Can't wait to get this game home and in my PS4 Tuesday evening after work.

I wonder how fast the leveling will be in the full game. Hopefully 1-10 is pretty quick but then it puts on the brakes quite a bit. I could see myself spending alot of time building up a suit of rare lv. 15 armor for example and then in the process leveling up while gathering the suit I am now able to wear that awesome lv. 17 piece of armor that I found awhile back.

Will be an interesting balancing act.

So has bungie commented on the lack of voice chat in PvP?

Not being able to communicate with teammates unless you invited everyone to the fire team is ridiculous and borderline game breaking in competitive multiplayer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom