• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
If only I could afford the Ghost Edition *disgusted look at my dog* looool
I passed up on it for 3 reasons. 1, the price obviously. 2, no space for something that big, which leads to 3, it'd end up in the closet. Plus I got the standalone copy for 40 bucks... Put the expansion on top and it's the price of a full game more or less. I'm set.

Marvel

could never
I passed up on it for 3 reasons. 1, the price obviously. 2, no space for something that big, which leads to 3, it'd end up in the closet. Plus I got the standalone copy for 40 bucks... Put the expansion on top and it's the price of a full game more or less. I'm set.

I must admit, right now I do not have the space for it anyway and I really am happy with my LE. I'll try and buy the Ghost separately from eBay a little later on down the line.

MAX PAYMENT

Has there been any word on how long the game isor how much content it will have?

It it going to be more a Halo lengthed FPS game with some unique multiplayer modes and rpg elements, or
an mmo shooter with months on months of content?

I really hope it's the latter.

A destiny poster showed up in ODST. I assume that means they'd have had a long time to create a plethora of content.

Anton668

*checks Amazon*

Nothing.

iYKu8u4w5oTkS.gif

yeah, think I really should just quit doing that and be surprised when I get a email....

KevinG

Since I just scored the Ghost Edition (PS4) from Amazon (US), I have a PS4 LE to either cancel or sell to one of you guys.

I must admit, right now I do not have the space for it anyway and I really am happy with my LE. I'll try and buy the Ghost separately from eBay a little later on down the line.

I can't even imaginr how much those will cost though... I could see people asking for a pretty penny for those.

Deku Tree

I can't even imaginr how much those will cost though... I could see people asking for a pretty penny for those.

Or there may be so many of them out their that they'll be worth very little. Any word on if the ghost and LE versions will be restocked after launch? I imagine from Activision's point of view it would be a no brainer.

Zakalwe

Banned
Or there may be so many of them out their that they'll be worth very little. Any word on if the ghost and LE versions will be restocked after launch? I imagine from Activision's point of view it would be a no brainer.

I'm pretty sure I read they're actually properly limited. No more produced.

Rosur

I don't think the Ghost edition will be but would be surprised if the LE isn't.
Also Seeing the UK prices of the Ghost Edition I wish I brought 2 of them so I could sell one...

If there were that many, stores all across the globe wouldn't be cutting people's pretty orders you know :p I don't know exact numbers, but I think they are limited for good reason. Heck isn't some store even giving free copies of the game to those who got cut off from it due to the high demand?

Tovarisc

What happened to level 20 caps??

Level 20 is soft cap meaning you can get to that level through gaining XP [quests, kills etc.].

Level can be increased above it, all the way to 30 afaik, by gaining high quality gear that have stat called Light on it. X amount of Light gives you 1 effective level above soft cap.

You can increase your level pas 20 with motes of light.

Motes of Light are form of currency that are gained after getting to soft cap, 20, and through gaining XP. Motes then are used to purchase e.g. class items from the Speaker.

SDCowboy

Guys I have Destiny and the patch fully downloaded on PS4, but there is no sign of the armory anywhere. What do I do?

Cynar

Can't believe people are complaining about having to wait an extra few hours for the actual release just because they've gone digital?

PST unlock is crazy. They should be able to make it for the time zone the person lives in. I'm fine with waiting for the street date but like others have said, a drive to the store would be just as convenient and I wouldn't have to wait until 3am.

As soon as it's available in your region you should get access and get to play.

Marvel

could never
Motes of Light are form of currency that are gained after getting to soft cap, 20, and through gaining XP. Motes then are used to purchase e.g. class items from the Speaker.

Yes, what he said ^

lol.

I think Motes of lights are a currency. You increase the level with the +light stat on gear. At least thats how i understand it. I guess we will soon find out!

And a little of this, apologies.

I'm distracted by the dgaf admin meeting.

I truly hate to be a burden, but I cannot think of a more appropriate gesture for my first post than to humbly request a “Destiny version” of my avatar. You gentlemen (and ladies; Dax01, Every Day Math^^) have made a really remarkable place for future guardians to wait out our days before the glorious occasion that is 09/09, and for that I sincerely thank you^^ Oh, and I am digital PS4 all the way. And Awoken Warlock. Team Space Magic^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom