• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

jett

D-Member
Got the PS3 Digital Guardian Edition pre-order on PSN, don't see the Expansion Pass in my download list tho. This normal?

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Damn preload countdown timer taunting me on my PS4 dashboard!

TomShoe

Banned
Grrrrrrrr

I welcome the digital upgrade program since I can buy the expansions now and transfer them over

but I want to buy the game retail

i don't trust digital and all its ilk

KevinG

Anyone here interested in my LE (PS4)? If not I'll just cancel it. Wanted to give you all first dibs before Amazon releases it back to the masses.

So do we know what the destiny logo is yet?

I am sure you must have already received an explanation, but I will offer a possible answer should a serviceable one not have been provided to you already. It holds two meanings; firstly, it represents the head gear worn by the colonists of North America during the 1700 and early 1800’s which was a time marked with “exploration” of what we would later call “The frontier” and Bungie wanted Destiny to have that “New World exploration” feel. The folded flag used by the US Military for retirement and funeral honors holds the same meaning, but more to harken back to the First Continental Army which was responsible for winning the Revolutionary War. Secondly, it shows the three class of Destiny and how they are to combine for one harmonious fire team.

And (as many a 12 year old has already pointed out in comment sections across the internet) it looks like male genitalia.
Or at least Master Chief’s

the-most-interesting-man-in-the-world-meme-generator-i-don-t-always-get-distracted-but-when-i-do-i-c209f5.jpg

Welcome and be careful your first 300 posts ;)

감사합니다^^
Thank you, and I will most certainly try my best^^

SDCowboy

Just did a google search and it seems others are either having the problem where the vanguard armory shows in their downloads but fails, or like in my case, doesn't show up at all. I wonder how/if Sony will address is.

i got an email from PSN yesterday saying it's my last chance to upgrade my digital Destiny preorder to the Guardian Edition for only $20.

i clicked the link and went to the SEN store page, and ti shows it's $30 to upgrade. am i doing something wrong?

2 classes for each character type so far

Warlock: Voidwalker and Sunsinger
Titan: Striker and Defender
Hunter: Gunslinger and Bladedancer

Ah ok. They keep calling the Striker class a subclass, even though it is the starting class. So it threw me off.

I wonder if anything will come from the empty subclass bubble you could see on each class type.

Tovarisc

Isnt there a main class and 2 subclasses for each character type?

Correct.

3 main classes with 2 sub-clsses / class.

Here is nifty, somewhat out of date, talent calculator for classes to give you better idea. Even if it's tempting don't go to sites other areas if not into spoilers.

Click

If people are making avatars and emblems, may I make a request?

Could you take the current one I have and add a classy " '04 " to it?

Hi, I'm dmg
I'm a mentor on Bungie.net, and a Mythic Member (lol)
'04 or bust is a thing, you know.

;)

Nothing about '04 is classy. Buncha smelly olds.

Correct.

3 main classes with 2 sub-clsses / class.

Here is nifty, somewhat out of date, talent calculator for classes to give you better idea. Even if it's tempting don't go to sites other areas if not into spoilers.

Click

Very nice. See, Striker is the main class of the Titan. So it is 1 main class and one subclass for each type of character. The talk of 2 subclasses threw me off. Thought it was the main class you start as, with 2 subclasses to choose from.

The Striker's Shoulder Charge sounds like it will be fun.

dustyherb

My man.

So am I the only one slowly going insane trying to make sure I've redeemed all the codes? Can't miss anything.

It's the only logical choice of course :p while the hunters are out dealing damage with their golden guns and super blades, and the warlocks are blasting balls of light and buffing people, I'll be enjoying my quiet comfy bubble. All can join me tho of course and I'll even offer some complementary punch and cookies for all my fellow guardians! My bubble shield shall be the best.

Wouldn't worry. We (PS4 Players) weren't "suppose" to preload anything today anyways. The "official" preload date is actually on Sunday for us. I wouldn't delete it, just let it sit. My screen looks the exact same way right now.

Very much Appreciated. I was about to ask the same. Oh! Thank you once again, this time for the OT. Very informative and glad to see it free of most the hate associated with Destiny threads of late^^

Is it weird to hope there are grimoire cards for mp maps?

I always loved the lore bungie puts into mp maps, and this universe is already the coolest. Like I wanna know what happened to that Mars factory fortress whatever.

GAF, am I crazy?

I do not know if some other French people are here but today amazon.fr cancelled ALL the pre orders of the Ghost Edition for Xbox One, I am not sure if PS4 is the same. Seems from amazon.fr that Bungie/Activision did not respect the numbers of editions available... It will be nice if Bungie/Activision could do or say something about that because a lot of players pre ordered this edition and the game from July directly via the Bungie Website that said that was available on Amazon.fr

Kane1345

I do not know if some other French people are here but today amazon.fr cancelled ALL the pre orders of the Ghost Edition for Xbox One, I am not sure if PS4 is the same. Seems from amazon.fr that Bungie/Activision did not respect the numbers of editions available... It will be nice if Bungie/Activision could do or say something about that because a lot of players pre ordered this edition and the game from July directly via the Bungie Website that said that was available on Amazon.fr

ALL of them?! Wtf?

Sees thread titled Destiny - Your Expectation

Stays the hell away

"They hate what they do not understand."

I just feel really bad that what may be my favorite experience of 2014 is a multiplatform cross gen game (and therefore should be free of fanboyism) and yet there is so much determination to dislike this game. To each his own, I suppose. I will just stay here in this thread and make some fantastic memories^^

My hype levels are rising. I've left my ps4 on the destiny tab for longer than like to admit just listening to the music

There were 200 people in a room last night on Live On Playstation where some dude just had the title screen up.

Of course it was just a console war mess in chat dominated by children ( i can only guess ) but was funny to see so many people on live on playstation just sitting back listening to the music while staring at the title screen.

TomShoe

Banned
"They hate what they do not understand."

I just feel really bad that what may be my favorite experience of 2014 is a multiplatform cross gen game (and therefore should be free of fanboyism) and yet there is so much determination to dislike this game. To each his own, I suppose. I will just stay here in this thread and make some fantastic memories^^

If something's popular, people will find a reason to dislike it.

Case in point:

The Last of Us

Call of Duty

iPhones

etc etc.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I only meet the requirements for half of those :/

Somehow I never made it to Legendary :p (probably because of the warnings)

pathfinder and inner chamber for me i guess. thats ok, there will probably be another emblem i like better then any of these i'll miss out on though shield of mythics is bad ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom