• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwardo

I decided to head over to the mall yesterday to finally buy an xbox one. Got my preorder for this game too.

I'm really pumped to play it on Tuesday :)

So I was at bestbuy and saw this...

H7f9hrfl.jpg

Why do they tempt me so?

Looks like they are expecting to sell a lot more of these on PS4 than Xbox One.
*stares at cage door*

*RATTLES CAGE DOOR INSTENSELY AS BEST BUY CLERKS PULL ME AWAY BY MY ARMS*

Yoday

I posted this in the clan thread, but that seems to be mostly viewed by people applying.

So I was just checking the groups on Bungie.net, and I now have the option to set the regional group as my clan, but not the main group. I'm thinking maybe they are turning on clan access in waves. The NA West group is listing as "Clan Enabled", and the front page is updated with Clan Wall, Clan Forum, PlayStation Clan, Xbox Clan. The main GAF group is not updated in the same way.

I tried setting the NA West group as my PS Clan. It told me that I can not set it as a clan because I have not played Destiny with a linked PSN account. It looks like we won't be able to set our clan until we have logged into the game at least once.

ALL of them?! Wtf?

Seems only 450 were delivered for France and that amazon at the end did not received at all but I do not see how this is possible when on the official website of Destiny you could select amazon.fr for France...

I am very dissapointed by Bungie recently and their "hate" against Xbox One and their Xbox fans.

Seems only 450 were delivered for France and that amazon at the end did not received at all but I do not see how this is possible when on the official website of Destiny you could select amazon.fr for France...

I am very dissapointed by Bungie recently and their "hate" against Xbox One and their Xbox fans.

Joke post? PS4 Players getting their Ghost orders cancelled as well...

Vitanimus

Can someone explain how the fireteam stuff works? I only played the alpha so I don't really remember. Is it like an MMO where players you encounter you can request to add/join parties or is it done through the PS4 friends list/clan?

Marvel

could never
I tried setting the NA West group as my PS Clan. It told me that I can not set it as a clan because I have not played Destiny with a linked PSN account. It looks like we won't be able to set our clan until we have logged into the game at least once.

There's your answer my friend :D

It all goes live on the 9th, so come back to bnet and set it then.

SDCowboy

Can someone explain how the fireteam stuff works? I only played the alpha so I don't really remember. Is it like an MMO where players you encounter you can request to add/join parties or is it done through the PS4 friends list/clan?

Well you can do it those ways, but the easiest is the dungeon finder. It auto queues you when you select it.

TomShoe

Banned
Question you guys.

I've got Destiny pre-ordered at Target because of their "Trade in a game, get 20% off Destiny + $20 Trade in Value" promotion, meaning I get the game for $30-ish. The thing is, I also want the pre-order bonus armor shader that's GAME exclusive, well, because it looks cool. Is there any way I can do that without having to re-buy the game?

purg3

slept with Malkin

You can do it through the game menu, it should show the people in your game currently and friends online. If you select them there should be an option to add to fireteam. At least that's how it worked in the beta.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Just to be sure here. I bought the Digital Guardian Edition and I still don't have the Season Pass. Did I screw myself over here? I thought that version came with both Expansions in?

Brick

Just Pre-ordered the PS3 Version. Awwww yiss.

So, as I understand it, those who bought the PS3 version will be able to start downloading the PS4 version as soon as it goes live in the store on Tuesday morning, correct?

Jafo_

Is it weird to hope there are grimoire cards for mp maps?

I always loved the lore bungie puts into mp maps, and this universe is already the coolest. Like I wanna know what happened to that Mars factory fortress whatever.

GAF, am I crazy?

There are, and they are not just for looking at...
I may have said too much, do you really want me to spill the beans? LOL :)

Vitanimus

Well you can do it those ways, but the easiest is the dungeon finder. It auto queues you when you select it.

Oh I had no idea there was a queue system but I guess that makes sense.

You can do it through the game menu, it should show the people in your game currently and friends online. If you select them there should be an option to add to fireteam. At least that's how it worked in the beta.

Good to know. I want more clans details really. I'm in the EU Group 4 so I'm hoping there won't be much solo play.

Just to be sure here. I bought the Digital Guardian Edition and I still don't have the Season Pass. Did I screw myself over here? I thought that version came with both Expansions in?

I can only speak for PS4, but in lieu of a "Season pass" I have a download called "Guardian Edition" in my add ons. I think this covers us for the expansions^^

Gorillaz

So I was at bestbuy and saw this...

H7f9hrfl.jpg

Why do they tempt me so?

Looks like they are expecting to sell a lot more of these on PS4 than Xbox One.
Lol dude it is so hard working at a BB and seeing it sit there in the cage

Like that and the white controllers are just sitting thread...waiting.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I can only speak for PS4, but in lieu of a "Season pass" I have a download called "Guardian Edition" in my add ons. I think this covers us for the expansions^^

I don't have that but my 100$ sure is gone. I only have the Vanguard armory. I can't rebuy the Digital Guardian Edition and I can see the countdown.

wut

Dante316

I don't have that but my 100$ sure is gone. I only have the Vanguard armory. I can't rebuy the Digital Guardian Edition and I can see the countdown.

As long you bought the digital guardian edition your good. Mine didn't download the season pass either but it probably will closer to December. If not, they will fix it. Since it does include the expansions.

I don't have it in my Add-Ons either, but my Services List acknowledges that I have the Guardian Edition so I'm not too concerned about it. This kind of stuff usually works itself out by launch day.

Anyway I don’t want start a debate about why Bungie “Hate” Xbox One, but simply look the facts that Bungie do not allow MS to do marketing with Destiny, PS4 got alpha, more time on the beta, app companion ONLY on IOS and Android (why not smartglass or windows phone? I do not have a windows phone before people start to complain on that point but it’s to say) add also all the DLCs exclusives and the white console. Anyway like I said it is not the point but I think the people that followed them since more than 10 years now with Halo CE deserve a little more than that but it is business after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom