• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cømet

Banned
Who wants on the hype ship!?

Beam me up! :D

Anyway I don’t want start a debate about why Bungie “Hate” Xbox One, but simply look the facts that Bungie do not allow MS to do marketing with Destiny, PS4 got alpha, more time on the beta, app companion ONLY on IOS and Android (why not smartglass or windows phone? I do not have a windows phone before people start to complain on that point but it’s to say) add also all the DLCs exclusives and the white console. Anyway like I said it is not the point but I think the people that followed them since more than 10 years now with Halo CE deserve a little more than that but it is business after all.

I doubt it has anything to do with Bungie hating Xbox fans, more likely the Bungie-MS relationship isn't a great one. I can't help but imagine a very EA-like affair.

Also, what does the white console have to do with it? Sony were releasing it anyway, it's just a really nice bundle.

It's all I could afford. I'm not paying £80 for the special edition.

I feel ya bud. I was all set to pay £75, but money's too tight to make it a wise decision and all I really want is the game, DLC and steelbook. I can get the DLC closer to release with some money off, and I'll check ebay for the case (unless anyone doesn't want teh sexy steelbook ;))

Also, PS4 Guardians! Any recommendations for cheapish yet decent headphones? Are the Tritton Kama any good? They seem to review quite well, but hands-on experience is always best.

FJ9-LAM-67F

Enter now into Bungies code area. You won't be disappointed.

What was this for? I've already add it apparently, but I can't remember what for :x

I wish there was a use all button on bunglenet....

This does not explain smartglass or windows phone anyway whatever that's not the point here to debate about that.

For smartglass I doubt of that is only 4% and for Windows Phone even If I do not own one I think it is because Bungie wish to avoid at max the Microsoft platforms.

You are wrong. It's a business deal and nothing more. Move on.

Implying that WP is crap? Because it's not.

That said it's never good thing if competition is snuffed out by 1-2 giants no matter what we are talking about. ISP's, OS's, movies etc.

You're saying this.. in a post defending a Windows product?

Cuphead

Banned
oy so many! The more the better!

Here's an update-
HS3.png

(everyone who requested before this post is currently being added)

Cømet;128711537 said:
Beam me up! :D
I doubt it has anything to do with Bungie hating Xbox fans, more likely the Bungie-MS relationship isn't a great one. I can't help but imagine a very EA-like affair.

I am agree on that point, I do not think Bungie hate their xbox fans specially but for sure they are not in good terms with Microsoft after what happened with Halo and Microsoft so for sure this did not help and I can understand but of course Bungie will not say that.

This does not explain smartglass or windows phone anyway whatever that's not the point here to debate about that.

Why would they need to implement an optional feature to prove they don't hate xbox? I already told you no one uses windows phone, that's why there's no app right now. Smartglass is not used in a lot of titles, why is bungie now required to use it? You're being entirely irrational from an emotional standpoint because the PS4 is being presented as the lead system for this game.

originalself

Neo Member
Is it weird to hope there are grimoire cards for mp maps?

I always loved the lore bungie puts into mp maps, and this universe is already the coolest. Like I wanna know what happened to that Mars factory fortress whatever.

GAF, am I crazy?
A little. But i like tracking down the lore as well.

Caode

Cømet;128711537 said:
I feel ya bud. I was all set to pay £75, but money's too tight to make it a wise decision and all I really want is the game, DLC and steelbook. I can get the DLC closer to release with some money off, and I'll check ebay for the case (unless anyone doesn't want teh sexy steelbook ;))

I was so tempted by it too; it was certainly appealing but it took some amount of willpower to resist getting it. It's almost the price of another game when you add on the difference to the standard edition.

I've been here for years and put my time in the alpha and the beta! Also I'm a member of old
Gaf! So let your seniors sit first on the hype ship!

Get me on!

See you starside.

Tovarisc

My friend got his game. He put the game and his PS4 says it's a digital guardian edition but it's just the disc for the regular. He got a voucher wiht " two extensions included " I can't check his words but that seems weird isn't ?

If he has normal edition he shouldn't get expansions or other goods of special editions [DGE, LE or GE] so yeah, sounds weird.

I preordered Destiny yesterday only to come home and find that all my consoles and video games had been stolen... Guess I will miss the launch :(

Seems only 450 were delivered for France and that amazon at the end did not received at all but I do not see how this is possible when on the official website of Destiny you could select amazon.fr for France...

I am very dissapointed by Bungie recently and their "hate" against Xbox One and their Xbox fans.

5WLRuSd.png

Sorry had to lol

I'm still on the fence with this game, the always online kind of bugs me and while I had fun with the beta I just don't know if its really just hype thats keeping me interested...

Lee

I preordered Destiny yesterday only to come home and find that all my consoles and video games had been stolen... Guess I will miss the launch :(

Ouch. You know who did it? Or was this a home break in?

Sorry mate. File a police report asap. You'll need the documentation for insurance purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom