• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vooduu

770874739573115173.jpg

Tovarisc

We should consider them "rebalanced" rather the straight buffs or nerfs because changes could be passive like recoil, clip size, etc.. Stuff that does indeed change effectiveness but that isn't necessarily a straight damage change.

If performance level goes down from previous level because something was changed => nerf

If performance level goes up from previous level because something was changed => buff

That is just how I see it tho even if final goal is to reach somewhat balance between weapons in specific group [Primary, Special, Heavy].

AR's are brought down where others are pushed upwards in performance levels.

RoKKeR

Still waiting on my Xbox credit cards to get here on Monday.

I'm also hoping MS decides to unleash this beast Monday evening as they have with a lot of titles recently. Warframe, Metro, Minecraft, etc. all have shown up on the store hours early.

Magwik

Banned
So if I already pre-loaded I'm fucked if I want to cancel and go physical, aren't I?
Apparently my Sam's Club is selling physical copies already ;-;

8BiTw0LF

Banned
It is my problem then oh and I also forgot to mention the fact that they fired Marty of Bungie and that they indeed lost against him in justice... as a huge fan of Marty musics this also impacted my “love” for Bungie. This also show to me that Bungie is quite different from the Bungie that we knew from the "Halo time" sadly and I miss people like Marty, Joseph Staten, Marcus Lehto etc.

Don't worry Marty's score will be in future Destiny games. Just remixed a little - Just like in the Halo games ;)

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i really like the exo designs but i have a hard time relating to a robot. male human for me. thankfully the create a character has some nice retro-future (AKA classic star wars) hair-dos. my beta hunter rocked a mop similar to this:

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Tried to start up the Destiny beta for kicks. PS4 completely kicked me offline and wouldn't connect with my wifi settings until I rebooted the router and re-entered the password.

Lesson learned, beta deleted. My apologies to Sony & Bungie.

I can confirm that EB Games in Canada did not receive enough allocation of Ghost Editions to meet the preorder numbers they took. This is for both online and in store orders.

My store only received one and luckily I was first. I made them show it to me with my reciept and everything on it to make sure. Other stores have had staff remove their names from the list to have customers get theirs. If you're one of the unlucky folks make sure to ask if they went through and removed staff preorders as it's a mandate from head office to do so.

I would check in so you're not disappointed on the midnight launch. They did send extra Limited Editions for those Ghost Edition preorders they won't be able to fulfill.

KevinG

4t8lTEq

Staring at the page... Knowing that nothing will happen until tomorrow or Monday.

Edit: The image isn't embedding properly. Oh well.

Lee

It is my problem then oh and I also forgot to mention the fact that they fired Marty of Bungie and that they indeed lost against him in justice... as a huge fan of Marty musics this also impacted my “love” for Bungie. This also show to me that Bungie is quite different from the Bungie that we knew from the "Halo time" sadly and I miss people like Marty, Joseph Staten, Marcus Lehto etc.

If you think settling a lawsuit means losing against someone "in justice" you have a lot to learn about how the system works. Rather than take it to trial, Bungie agreed to pay Marty about $75k in "unpaid work and vacation time" and Marty's lawyers got around $20k. Bungie's lawyers probably charged around the same. If the case had gone to trial the lawyer's fees on both sides would have tripled, or worse, and there would be continuing bad press around the issue well into Destiny's release. By settling, it's kept mostly out of sight and out of mind. Maybe Marty deserved a $75k severance package. Maybe not. At either rate it's business, not justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom