• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tovarisc

If you think settling a lawsuit means losing against someone "in justice" you have a lot to learn about how the system works. Rather than take it to trial, Bungie agreed to pay Marty about $75k in "unpaid work and vacation time" and Marty's lawyers got around $20k. Bungie's lawyers probably charged around the same. If the case had gone to trial the lawyer's fees on both sides would have tripled, or worse, and there would be continuing bad press around the issue well into Destiny's release. By settling, it's kept mostly out of sight and out of mind. Maybe Marty deserved a $75k severance package. Maybe not. At either rate it's business, not justice.

Don't forget the part where judge ordered Bungie to return all Martys stocks back to him and in process made him once again member of Bungies board. Bungie tried to fight judges decision because they didn't want Marty back into their board meetings.

Bungie lost argument and Marty got his stocks back.

Badgerst3

Preordered, played alpha, played beta, bought expansion, member Destiny Gaf West coast.....

But on prearranged annual backpacking trip in the Sierras Monday-Friday....

Destiny gaf-- I shall find you soon. Hunter hype train!

Gotta get that iron banner wolf cape.

Figments

Don't forget the part where judge ordered Bungie to return all Martys stocks back to him and in process made him once again member of Bungies board. Bungie tried to fight judges decision because they didn't want Marty back into their board meetings.

Bungie lost argument and Marty got his stocks back.

What? Something happened with Marty? I must know.

Vooduu

DESTINY HYPE TRAIN CHOO CHOO

RlyF5ZH.jpg

dengatron

i ordered my ghost edition from newegg when amazon ran out, and i know they get here after launch date but, i'm really just hoping i get it at all. anyone have any experience with newegg preorders lately?
i've already preloaded the digital guardian anyways, i just really like steelbooks and plastic toys.

Trace

Banned
What? Something happened with Marty? I must know.

The story goes he was unjustly fired and they stripped him of his stocks. He went to the courts, got back unpaid wages and his stocks, so technically he's still a member of the board there.

Figments

DESTINY HYPE TRAIN CHOO CHOO

RlyF5ZH.jpg

SPACE TRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIN

Can you put me in that conductor's seat, seeing as how I'm the only one who wants on a /train/ and not a wimpy spaceship?

The story goes he was unjustly fired and they stripped him of his stocks. He went to the courts, got back unpaid wages and his stocks, so technically he's still a member of the board there.

Why does Bungie not want him?

Tovarisc

Why does Bungie not want him?

Well I think rest of board will feel uncomfortable in meetings when they have to face a guy they tried dick over big time and failed at it so badly.

Bungie lawyers objected that if O’Donnell’s shares were restored, he would be a “bothersome presence at board meetings and in the company,” according to the arbitrator. But the arbitrator overruled them and restored O’Donnell’s rights.

Source

Tovarisc

There is pictures floating around that were taken from BradyGames guide for Destiny.

It has mostly stuff that you would expect from such guide, but what is interesting is that
in one picture you can see guardian attacking Thrall with huge ass sword :O

Trace

Banned
does vpn for unlocking work on psn or are games tied to the regional stores? 3 am is pretty silly for 2014.

Been asking this question for a few days, haven't gotten an answer yet :(

EDIT: Been looking it up, apparently it's tied to the store you buy it from.

I have a Amazon PS4 LE arriving on Tuesday but now I just thought about the idea of going digital for Destiny.

I need to decide fast before my order ships. Opinions?

Edit : maybe spoiler?

Titan with sword?

Umm what?

What is that?

I like that

Yes ...

YES

OOOOO YEAH

Exotic weapon?

I often wondered if the machine gun and rocket launcher were the only 2 heavy weapons. Surely not right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom