• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

vehn

If i do the "buy ps3 version -> get ps4 for free", can I play on both systems at the same time (knowing they can't play together?)

Truant

Will they fix the fact that you have to go back to orbit to advance the story, even if the next mission is right next to where you are? I guess it's a old-gen limitation, but it feels so dated to me.

Nodnol

Anyone mind weighing in on why they went digital for Destiny?

Because instead of spending £80 on the Digital Guardian Edition, or the equivalent content, I payed around £53.

Also consider that I don't trade games in, ever, and so far this generation all my games have been digital purchases.

Sirim

Ummm..doesnt this come out tomorrow? Or is it tuesday?
iYohpbisrAHQ6.gif

Klyka

Banned
Never had a framedrop, if I recall correctly. If I did, it was so miniscule and rare that I literally have no recollection.

If Yang Wenli tells me,I can believe it.

I can overlook the blurriness as long as I get a steady framerate,so I think I'll be fine.

Tovarisc

I wasn't aware of the JAMS arbitration case over the stock until your post. It's separate from the lawsuit. I'm reading the 8/11 arbitration order now but wow, Bungie made the wrong move letting Marty go without having their shit in order, and his stock is probably worth quite a bit to Bungie, or Marty, if he's able to sell it. Marty won both rounds, apparently. Still not sure if I agree with the whole "justice is served" thing.

I guess it depends on how you look at it. To me it's that in a way Bungie tried to fuck Marty over [firing him => not paying his pay => tried to take his stock away without cause] and basically got punished for it in court.

We don't know why Marty was fired in first place, maybe he did some bad shit, but how Bungie tried to go about it wasn't right either.

Vidpixel

Will they fix the fact that you have to go back to orbit to advance the story, even if the next mission is right next to where you are? I guess it's a old-gen limitation, but it feels so dated to me.

Yeah, I really hope this has been addressed in the final version. I mean, you're already on the planet for the next mission, why not give us the option to pop-up a nav point for the next mission on the fly?

Trace

Banned
If Yang Wenli tells me,I can believe it.

I can overlook the blurriness as long as I get a steady framerate,so I think I'll be fine.

It's still the same game. Blurriness or not, if your option is PS3 or nothing, PS3 is definitely the best option.

"Go back to orbit" is in there to give players a sense of finality. It's not anything to do with the Xbox 360 or PS3.

It's probably still in there.

Klyka

Banned
It's still the same game. Blurriness or not, if your option is PS3 or nothing, PS3 is definitely the best option.

Oh I know. It's just,I can live with downgraded graphics and blurriness. But if the game regularly dropped to like 15fps or some such? I couldn't do that. It would kill me.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Can I board the train?

You mean ship, cause I see no train in space unless your a GODDAMN DECEPTICON (Astro-Train!)

Also hope the ship has unlimited weight limit, cause I would like to board with my Cabal buddies!

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Oh my stars, Daxuigi is back, sorry about the lockity-lock of your withdrawal thread, I needed my Hula Girl to send us off right into the |OT|

Also sorry for the first few pages were we missed you and joked on ya >.>;

Tovarisc

What is everyone getting? Ghost edition? Limited edition? Standard? Digital guardian?

Riding that LE pre-order train.

"Go back to orbit" is in there to give players a sense of finality. It's not anything to do with the Xbox 360 or PS3.

It's probably still in there.

Well it does give nice window of time to hit bathroom or fridge for some juice when waiting that double loading screen to pass :b

WITHE1982

What is everyone getting? Ghost edition? Limited edition? Standard? Digital guardian?

Im getting the limited edition.

Limited Edition from GAME at midnight launch. £95 but I had £50 left on a gift card so £45 wasn't as bad.

Popped in today when passing and asked about getting my copy early. Was told "no chance with this one" as they want as many numbers as possible at midnight. BOOOO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom