• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinG

What is everyone getting? Ghost edition? Limited edition? Standard? Digital guardian?

Im getting the limited edition.

Digital Guardian Edition is preloaded on Xbox One.

Just canceled my PS4 LE on Amazon...

...because I scored a PS4 Ghost Edition in the two minutes they were in stock this morning!

Excited.

Vooduu

I keep thinking I should put down $100 for that CoD: AW limited edition Xbox One, but my mind keeps telling me to see if there's one Ghost edition left available at my GameStop.

Help me, GAF.

That CoD stuff isn't going anywhere, anytime soon. Keep your eyes open for a GE.

Grewitch

Cømet;128713253 said:
I like to think I'm fairly Dirty Harry :p Ten years of Halo and CoD/BF, but I'm a bit rusty as I sold my last FPS (Ghosts, BLECH) around February time.

UK fellas, or otherwise since I'm on all sortsa funky times, add moi! PSN ScrewAttack_

You'll be an asset in any fight, your skills will be back up to speed in no time. It's like riding a bicycle, right?

Cuphead

Banned
what is this? I want to go

it's your Destiny.
Ship11.jpg

viveks86

Nice. You will have a nice head start on me cuz I have to wait until Tuesday evening to pick up my physical LE.

Not by much. Will play a couple of hours at midnight. Would really get into the meat of it Tuesday evening. Man we are sooo close.

I'm at gamestop grabbing psn cards. They offered to sell me a code but told me I'd have to wait till Monday night to grab it -__- ain't nobody got patience for that!

LOL! The thirst for space magic is real!

It annoys me, that in the midst of hype for Destiny, people still bother to post something that isn't doing anything positive for this game already divided enough community. What is the damn problem? Everyone gets the game, everyone gets it on the same day with basically the same content and still, people are wasting their lives on trying to take the other side down.

I'm sorry, I just can't stand it cause I'm having so much fun reading all the stuff you guys post, it makes me laugh a lot and then this... this kind of stuff just hurts my eyes and totally dosent fit.

ps. I know - should've ignore it :E

lem0n

What is everyone doing in preparation?

At like 11:00pm Monday, on the way to GameStop, I'm picking up some IBC Cream sodas (since we're not huge on beer), some snacks, and a couple bake at home pizzas. Gonna meet up with a friend at my GameStop, wait in line, get dat Standard edition lol and race home to install my game. While it's installing, I'm going to throw food in the oven, clean up the living room a bit, dust the consoles, just tidy up... Once it's finished installing I'll kill all the lights, boot up the headphones, and try to stay up as late as possible. I have the 9th-11th off from work, so I'm free to do whatever I please :D

I can't wait for Monday, seriously.

Cob32

Anyone use GAME uk regularly? I ordered the white ps4 bundle and it was dispatched at 2pm. What are the chances of a monday delivery?

t hicks

Banned
It's not going to show up till the game unlocks. It should show up online on your SEN download list though
Damn, the only thing showing up on my SEN list is the game itself and the Vanguard armory. It shows that I bought the Guardian edition though so I'm not too worried about it.

You'd be missing out on that midnight gaming if you're EST. Unless Amazon doesn't ship Monday, in which case yeah it would still be quicker going digital.

I'm not a fan of midnight releases to be honest.

And I just got a Vita for remote play. It would suck if I had to think about which game I left in the disc to be able to use it.

So just confirm one more time.

All of the bonuses for the Limited Edition version are the same as the digital version?

Also just for clarification, you can still play digital games while not connected to the internet? (Though I know you need to be online for Destiny)

Couch too far from tv (yes, I'm that lazy). No shelf space. 1 TB SSD. I never resell games. Preloading

If I was to ever upgrade my harddrive later down the road will I be able to redownload my digital games?

NoTacos

Got psn cards, time to preload this bitch.

Ended up canceling my SE so I'm not getting the gamestop preorder bonus for the red speeder (meh). I did put a preorder in for CoD AW though and got the legendary shader code so that's something.
I'm not buying CoD AW, girl at the register knew just as well haha

Have Bungie spoken about their future plans for Destiny regarding sequels?

Will there be a Destiny 2,3,4,5 etc, or will they push DLC and expansions for a good 2-3 years?

I'd hate to buy multiple expansions, only to have Destiny 2 around the corner. That'd be worse than a paid subscription almost, if you factor in PS+ (I'm only getting PS+ for Destiny).

C.Dark.DN

Banned

At like 11:00pm Monday, on the way to GameStop, I'm picking up some IBC Cream sodas (since we're not huge on beer), some snacks, and a couple bake at home pizzas. Gonna meet up with a friend at my GameStop, wait in line, get dat Standard edition lol and race home to install my game. While it's installing, I'm going to throw food in the oven, clean up the living room a bit, dust the consoles, just tidy up... Once it's finished installing I'll kill all the lights, boot up the headphones, and try to stay up as late as possible. I have the 9th-11th off from work, so I'm free to do whatever I please :D

First, charge my headset up by Monday night.

If I don't get the midnight release pickup email for my bundle I'm going to be hitting up any retailer open.

Then I'll buy a 6 pack, set up, and play.

Or I'll buy two 6 packs and cry until 10am while I wait for my backup preorder.

i really want to get into this but i'm still having issues with the FOV. i've been hovering over the Digital version (PS4) all day trying to figure out if i want it lol

You going to sell your standard copy?

Eventually, probably. But it's so we can do our show Lone Stars with 3 copies. Los is getting the Destiny PS4, I've got all of this ordered, and I picked up a PS4 on Cowboom for $300 that I'm going to loan to Forrest with the standard edition until we sell it to get an XBone for our Master Chief Collection marathon stream.

This paints the picture that I have lots of money, but that's definitely a false one. I'm just really dedicated to Bungie games, to a crippling financial fault.

Will there be a Destiny 2,3,4,5 etc, or will they push DLC and expansions for a good 2-3 years?

I'd hate to buy multiple expansions, only to have Destiny 2 around the corner. That'd be worse than a paid subscription almost, if you factor in PS+ (I'm only getting PS+ for Destiny).

Not yet, but we do know they have a contract with Activsion for 10 years.

KevinG

Eventually, probably. But it's so we can do our show Lone Stars with 3 copies. Los is getting the Destiny PS4, I've got all of this ordered, and I picked up a PS4 on Cowboom for $300 that I'm going to loan to Forrest with the standard edition until we sell it to get an XBone for our Master Chief Collection marathon stream.

This paints the picture that I have lots of money, but that's definitely a false one. I'm just really dedicated to Bungie games, to a crippling financial fault.

Gotcha. Didn't realize you were using it for a show. Makes sense.

Vitanimus

I recall somewhere that the plan is Destiny 2 for 2016 with expansions in between

Probably just open my ghost edition, take some pictures, then play the game.
The Postman. when he arrives.
iLtIAf2Bw69YJ.gif
Excuse me. Only Admiral Puppy is allowed to post dog .gifs.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-21-bungie-on-the-destiny-level-cap-raids-and-game-size

Reading this classic and the bit about other places that aren't playable has me completely mental. How completely amazing is it going to be if you go to like Venus and find some bit of lore that connects to like something that happened in New Hampshire????

This is really unlike anything else I've seen, mythology wise. I just can't wait to learn it all. Kinda legit bummed I didn't at least get the edition with the books. I'm sure the lore in them will be learnable somewhere in the game but still.

Sick lore, tons of loot, car game levels of visual detail for all of it, and wipEout levels of graphic design prowess; all wrapped around characters if can level and develop for ten years?

The perfect game.

viveks86

Also just for clarification, you can still play digital games while not connected to the internet? (Though I know you need to be online for Destiny)

If I was to ever upgrade my harddrive later down the road will I be able to redownload my digital games?

Yes and yes

C.Dark.DN

Banned
i really want to get into this but i'm still having issues with the FOV. i've been hovering over the Digital version (PS4) all day trying to figure out if i want it lol
You're going to want to play a mmo-lite game at release. Pretty soon people will mostly be farming high end gear and the first expansion come out December which will set you back further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom