• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have Bungie spoken about their future plans for Destiny regarding sequels?

Will there be a Destiny 2,3,4,5 etc, or will they push DLC and expansions for a good 2-3 years?

I'd hate to buy multiple expansions, only to have Destiny 2 around the corner. That'd be worse than a paid subscription almost, if you factor in PS+ (I'm only getting PS+ for Destiny).

I wonder if they'll really commit to one character through an entire game series to the point where you literally couldn't play 2 without 1 or the levels would just demolish you. Mass effect bricked all that concept by making the sequels playable by anyone and basically resetting everything every time. I guess they could sort of have two versions of a sequel as far as enemy levels go, or allow experienced players to just annihilate early missions. I don't know. Very curious to watch this franchise develop.

Trace

Banned
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-21-bungie-on-the-destiny-level-cap-raids-and-game-size

Reading this classic and the bit about other places that aren't playable has me completely mental. How completely amazing is it going to be if you go to like Venus and find some bit of lore that connects to like something that happened in New Hampshire????

This is really unlike anything else I've seen, mythology wise. I just can't wait to learn it all. Kinda legit bummed I didn't at least get the edition with the books. I'm sure the lore in them will be learnable somewhere in the game but still.

Sick lore, tons of loot, car game levels of visual detail for all of it, and wipEout levels of graphic design prowess; all wrapped around characters if can level and develop for ten years?

The perfect game.

They're trying to start a new universe, and you need to start somewhere. Lore for a game like this is very important. WoW would be nowhere if the warcraft lore wasn't so amazing.

Well, if he says it's okay.

Admiral Puppy is admiral of puppies.

First they came for the Sunbros, and I did not speak out—
Because the Covenant is for everybody.

Then they came for the Warlocks, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not the only Warlock.

Then they came for the dog with human clothing avatar, and I did not speak out—
Because those exist everywhere on the internet

Then they came for my schtick of heavily using dog gifs—and there was no one left to speak for Woof.

- Admiral Woofington on the 1940's speech to Bacon Delta team

Cuphead

Banned
Permission to board the ship!

ship14.jpg

Grewitch

It is my problem then oh and I also forgot to mention the fact that they fired Marty of Bungie and that they indeed lost against him in justice... as a huge fan of Marty musics this also impacted my “love” for Bungie. This also show to me that Bungie is quite different from the Bungie that we knew from the "Halo time" sadly and I miss people like Marty, Joseph Staten, Marcus Lehto etc.

Dear dood,

Things change. It's sad, it's painful, but it is what it is. What do you think of Destiny, though? Looking forward to playing it?

Navid

Had my dispatch email today, hopefully will arrive by Tuesday and I'll have been able to complete Metro 2033 while I wait... not long to go now until our return to Old Russia. :D

Sirim

I'm not a fan of midnight releases to be honest.

And I just got a Vita for remote play. It would suck if I had to think about which game I left in the disc to be able to use it.

So just confirm one more time.

All of the bonuses for the Limited Edition version are the same as the digital version?

Also just for clarification, you can still play digital games while not connected to the internet? (Though I know you need to be online for Destiny)

If I was to ever upgrade my harddrive later down the road will I be able to redownload my digital games?
Midnight release or playing at midnight? I'm speaking about how the digital version doesn't unlock until 3am EST. If you aren't planning on playing on midnight, I don't see why waiting for your amazon edition isn't a good option.

Also here's a breakdown comparison of the different editions for you:

http://www.gameranx.com/features/id/23992/article/destiny-limited-vs-guardian-vs-ghost-edition-comparison/

Jamiaro

Yep. If it's on shelf like that you just take one, walk to checkout and walk to home with PS4+Destiny bundle.

Finland. <3 So good to see big stores like that breaking the street date. In my local Gigantti (big ass electronics store) they won´t put Destiny out until release date.

Not my problem anymore, but still... lame. Many other Gigantti-stores could have them on the shelves. Not in my town.

Trace

Banned
Midnight release or playing at midnight? I'm speaking about how the digital version doesn't unlock until 3am EST. If you aren't planning on playing on midnight, I don't see why waiting for your amazon edition isn't a good option.

http://www.gameranx.com/features/id/23992/article/destiny-limited-vs-guardian-vs-ghost-edition-comparison/

If you would rather not switch disks and playing at exactly midnight isn't a problem, the digital edition is a better choice. Being $10 cheaper and all.

Sirim

If you would rather not switch disks and playing at exactly midnight isn't a problem, the digital edition is a better choice. Being $10 cheaper and all.
He has the LE edition ordered on Amazon, so I don't know. I'd rather get the LE edition if I already have it ordered.

I'm doing it DestinyGAF, canceling my LE for digital.

I don't think I want the Ghost collectible so I never considered that edition but I will be looking out for what Bungie does with ThreeA since they will be making action figures for them. (What they did with Halo Reach: http://www.worldofthreea.com/halo/ )

I can't wait to start pre-loading this bad boy and having it ready for me when I wake up Tuesday.

I think my logic for now pursuing the digital version is that (1) I don't really care for the physical collection, any books that tells me information will have the same information in the official strategy guide (2) my SO and I just bought a Vita for remote play so she can play GTA 5 and Assassin Creed later this fall but it would be a hassle for us to coordinate who get to leave a disc in the PS4 to play the game they want [we are getting GTA 5 digitally for sure]

And yea I only bought the LE edition because I thought I would get some extra in game bonus that the digital edition wouldn't get (which is true I believe: LE version have special shaders and emblems hidden and I don't know if the digital edition will be getting that)

Tovarisc

Finland. <3 So good to see big stores like that breaking the street date. In my local Gigantti (big ass electronics store) they won´t put Destiny out until release date.

I will use this picture on Monday as leverage when I try talk my local GS to give my copy out early that day. Can't make to midnight sales, have school early next morning, but would love clock few hours.

Marvel

could never
Just saw the PS4 Commercial here in the netherlands on tv got goosebumps and pretty excited to play it this tuesday :D

My sister (who is a devout PC gamer) has now seen both trailers and is tempted to buy a PS4 for it. So yeah the thirst, haha.

Sirim

I haven't played the game but is terraforming something that happened in this universe? Jungles on Venus??
Yes, by the Traveler. Venus became a garden world during the Golden Age. Mars has trees and stuff too but I guess over time has slowly been reverting back to a wasteland.

So here's something neat. Someone over on the /r/DestinyTheGame subreddit constructed a script to activate all 25 codes in one go.

To use the script, simply do the following.

Head over to http://www.bungie.net/en/User/coderedemption and sign into your desired account.

Press CTRL + Shift + J, doing so should bring up a box that presents a bit of coding and whatnot.

Paste the following code in its entirety into the area below all of the text.

var codes=["YKA-RJG-MH9", "3DA-P4X-F6A", "MVD-4N3-NKH", "TCN-HCD-TGY", "HDX-ALM-V4K", "473-MXR-3X9", "JMR-LFN-4A3", "HC3-H44-DKC", "69P-KRM-JJA", "69P-VCH-337", "69R-CKD-X7L", "69R-DDD-FCP", "69R-F99-AXG", "69R-VL7-J6A", "69X-DJN-74V", "6A7-7NP-3X7", "6A9-DTG-YGN", "7F9-767-F74", "FJ9-LAM-67F", "JD7-4CM-HJG", "JDT-NLC-JKM", "JNX-DMH-XLA", "7CP-94V-LFP", "7MM-VPD-MHP", "RXC-9XJ-4MH"];

var codeField = document.getElementById("text_code");

var i = 0;

var delay = 2500;

function enterCodeLoop () { setTimeout(function () { codeField.value = codes; $(".btn_submitCode")[0].click(); i++; if (i < codes.length) { enterCodeLoop(); } }, delay) }

enterCodeLoop();

I've already maxed out my daily code try limit, but you could generate a hundred random codes with this and just try 'em out.

Like I said, there's a daily limit, but anyone brave enough to try it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom