• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Warlock has the Kamehameha super, and a super where he can come back from death (and revive others? I'm not too clear on that). But they move like they're wearing cement shoes compared to a Hunter.
Unless you pick the Agility upgrades, then it's not as much of an issue.

Kamehameha for the win though.

Chaostar

TEAM TITANS GO!

J0nz8jz.jpg

Kertiously

Neo Member
Went to GameStop today and payed off my pre order in full, now I can't wait until it's time to go to the midnight release next Monday night.

But I do have a huge problem: Do I go with Warlock or Titan? Loved the Warlock in the beta but I never got to use the Titan. Heard from a few friends that the Titan class was they're favorite, and I'm also seeing here in this thread that it's very popular as well. How is it as far as running and jumping compared to the Warlock? I know how the hunter is because I tried that class, but now I'm curious to see how the Titan controls vs the Warlock.

Will be the first time I ever go to a midnight release at Best Buy or Futureshop. Both of them told me I can't preorder the bundle in store..I can online, but I gotta have the game in my hands on the 9th and not wait a day or so for the bundle to come to my house.

Might as well get the bundle from GameSpot though, they are also giving out the upgraded Red Sparrow

MidEvlDed

Went to GameStop today and payed off my pre order in full, now I can't wait until it's time to go to the midnight release next Monday night.

But I do have a huge problem: Do I go with Warlock or Titan? Loved the Warlock in the beta but I never got to use the Titan. Heard from a few friends that the Titan class was they're favorite, and I'm also seeing here in this thread that it's very popular as well. How is it as far as running and jumping compared to the Warlock? I know how the hunter is because I tried that class, but now I'm curious to see how the Titan controls vs the Warlock.

The Titan grenade is very useful in PVE. It blinds and damages enemies. Their jump is basically a like a rocket propelled double jump. It's kind of slow though. The super is very good. It's essentially the oh shit button. If you get surrounded by enemies, your unleash the super. But you do have to be close enough to use it.

So the Warlock has an advantage in that you can use the super at range. If you're more of a ranged player you may like the Warlock more. If you like to get in the action and run and gun then Titan would be the way to go. They also have better shields than the other two classes I believe.

Cømet

Banned
The Titan grenade is very useful in PVE. It blinds and damages enemies. Their jump is basically a like a rocket propelled double jump. It's kind of slow though. The super is very good. It's essentially the oh shit button. If you get surrounded by enemies, your unleash the super. But you do have to be close enough to use it.

So the Warlock has an advantage in that you can use the super at range. If you're more of a ranged player you may like the Warlock more. If you like to get in the action and run and gun then Titan would be the way to go. They also have better shields than the other two classes I believe.

No way jose, the only way to use the titan super is to take a sprinting leap into the middle of the chaos! :D

I found in the beta that the base grenade is superior to the pulse and....shock? grenade upgrades. At least in PvE.
Don't need it to do damage really, just keep em still long enough that I can get close and start pummelling their faces inwards.

VanWinkle

You've just not been reading ANYTHING about Destiny.

So far, in terms of popularity:
Warlocks > Hunters >>>>>>> Titans.

Oh, okay, lol. You're right that I haven't been reading the forum stuff about it as much. I've been keeping up with the new trailers and spent quite a bit of time in the alpha and the beta, but haven't been discussing it on GAF much.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Only thing I'm worried about as a Voidwalker Warlock is there being too many of us. Might be hard to stand out when Raid time comes and a quarter of the playerbase all offer the same thing.

BokehKing

Banned
Hunters easily have the worst, most boring looking armor, IMO. Not a fan of the art direction of them in this.
But they have capes and hoods, which show off your hard work a lot more than a arm band and a bar towel on your hip, so the armor may not look epic, but they have long flowing testaments to how bad ass they are as they speed off on a sparrow

Trouble

Banned
Excite!

I had hoped to make some nice graphics to celebrate the OT going up and for release day, but I got busy planning the trip that is going to make me LTTP on launch day. :(

SnakeEyes

Banned
Oh, okay, lol. You're right that I haven't been reading the forum stuff about it as much. I've been keeping up with the new trailers and spent quite a bit of time in the alpha and the beta, but haven't been discussing it on GAF much.
General opinions on the likes of both GAF and Bungie.net, after the Alpha and Beta, have Warlocks and Hunters at roughly the same level of popularity with Titans being the trailing class. That being said, I do suggest people run Titans as secondary characters because those and Warlock Sunsingers are going to be a must for the Raid parties.

MidEvlDed

Only thing I'm worried about as a Voidwalker Warlock is there being too many of us. Might be hard to stand out when Raid time comes and a quarter of the playerbase all offer the same thing.

I think the biggest thing preventing people from playing as Titans is the armor.

evanmisha

I played the beta on PS3, but I'm planning to get the PS4 bundle on launch day. Any word on whether the beta emblem will make the jump with me? Am I screwed?

pixxxelz

I think the biggest thing preventing people from playing as Titans is the armor.
I actually like titans more than warlocks but I prefer hunters because of their agility plus I'm a lone wolf so..
I'm thinking about leveling up both though a titan and a hunter, we'll see

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom