• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jafo_

General opinions on the likes of both GAF and Bungie.net, after the Alpha and Beta, have Warlocks and Hunters at roughly the same level of popularity with Titans being the trailing class. That being said, I do suggest people run Titans as secondary characters because those and Warlock Sunsingers are going to be a must for the Raid parties.

One of the interview videos with Deej, he said it was an even spread across all 3 in the beta ;)
pTy1HDT.png

hydruxo

Good news! You have the ability to swap it out for a teleport called "Blink" as it's last upgrade option.

This is good news for sure. That floaty jetpack thing was just awkward for me after playing as a Hunter in the Alpha & Beta for so long.

I went titan in the alpha and warlock in the beta so I will probably start out as a hunter first. The big question is which I will play next, Titan or Warlock.

Simo

Warlocks win for Dark Souls fans like myself though

zMeFgtu.jpg

pS81ouJ.jpg

sqRsNUp.gif

Combination of these (either chest piece or gloves), plus the sun singer subclass

And you've got yourself an Heir of the Sun.

Praise it.

Praise that sun.

Try to be as incandescent, but never quite achieve it.

Holy fuck.

Warlock was always my class but i thought their "flair" was weak compared to the Hunters cape and Titan sashes. Not anymore.

The one thing about Titan gear I don't like is the Marks. Cloaks are obviously cooler, and while low-level Warlock bonds suck, the high-level ones with the flame/hologram effects are pretty kickass. Meanwhile, Titans just get more of the same towels, but now slightly larger and with a different pattern :(

On the other hand,

3 ships for the PS3/4, did you not read the OP?

The OP doesnt answer my question but thanks for the snark. It mentions the timed PS exclusives but it doesn't say anything at all about the planetview website or what it does, which is where this picture is from.

I dont know what the website is about. I am inquiring about the picture because it seems like it's unlocking something, but perhaps it's just a teaser for what we already know and are receiving. That's why I'm asking.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I just hope the game lives up to the hype for most people. If not it will be even worse than Watch_Dogs and TitanFall combined for backlash. I have set my expectations low though I am pretty excited to play a new game.

Simo

The OP doesnt answer my question. It mentions the timed PS exclusives but it doesn't say anything at all about the planetview website or what it does, which is where this picture is from. I dont know what the website is about. I am inquiring about the picture because it seems like it's unlocking something, but perhaps it's just a teaser for what we already know and are receiving. That's why I'm asking.

Yeah its just advertising the PS4 content. You can find the other 2 ships.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
My body is not ready but will be ready by next tuesday. Btw whats the max level per class in this game?

Jafo_

The OP doesnt answer my question but thanks for the snark. It mentions the timed PS exclusives but it doesn't say anything at all about the planetview website or what it does, which is where this picture is from.

I dont know what the website is about. I am inquiring about the picture because it seems like it's unlocking something, but perhaps it's just a teaser for what we already know and are receiving. That's why I'm asking.

How is a question a snark? Wait, I guess that was another snark...

Planetview was only live a few hours before the OT went up, (which was put together long before) so it was not included, however, it was posted on the 1-2 page, depending on PPP you have.

The planetview site is a interactive teaser site, small new tid bits of info, but mostly all info has been posted before, and there's a finish code for an in game emblem.

I'm getting really hyped. I played a Hunter during the beta, but it ended before I had the chance to make a Warlock. How do they compare to caster classes in more traditional MMOs?

TDawgTommy

Neo Member
Oh man guys I'm getting excited!!! Sad I have to work on the 9th though... :(

Please everyone add me on PS4, name is TDawgTommy. I'm going to be running Sunsinger/Voidwalker.

Sirim

I have about 5 vacation / paid personal days left in this calendar year. Should I take the 9th off for this??
Save it for those days where the need is so great, the pressure so heavy, the compulsion so unfathomably powerful that you don't even need to ask GAF for advice!

Grewitch

Wow. Came back to find the withdrawal thread dead and this wonderful OP alive and in full swing.

Less than a week to go, people, and I bring you a sign:

Umm hmmm, that's right, baby, even the milk knows not to be around when this bad ass drops. The cows have gone home. Time to stock up, draw the curtains, and game on!

This Guardian is ready,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom