• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kane1345

I will be switching back and forth between a Pistoleer Hunter and a Shotty touting Titan.

Loved playing as both. Can't wait to get my hands on a Legendary / Exotic class Pistol.

destiny-hawkmoon-screen-01-ps4-us-07jul14.jpg

Tovarisc

Hope we get some new zones also. If it's just more Old Russia, that would be disappointing, IMO.

First expansion will add new areas to the Moon, in general it will have Moon focus.

We know that expansions will add new gear etc. does it mean Destiny is borderline P2W game when looking at PvP events like Iron Banner where your level, gear and overall stats matter?

JohnIIVII

I already paid off my Gamestop preorder, sadly only the Standard one as finding a physical LE has been hard. :(

So I just show up around midnight to get my game, right?

Even though you already paid it off you still have to get a finalized receipt from them before you can get in line to pick up your game. I would suggest stopping by early to get the receipt, leave, and return shortly before midnight to get your game.

For destiny my gamestop is starting to finalize receipts at 6pm and they put you in different groups depending on when you finalized. If you don't want to wait in line long, contact your store and see when you can get in to do it. If you don't mind a long line, yeah just show up close to midnight and then wait your turn. :)

SDCowboy

Yes, I saw a video (im at work on mobile I can find it later for you if you like) where a guy from bungie is talking about the expansions and how they will have new story missions, gear, locations, strikes.. no mention of raids though.
Right on. Thanks man.

Cømet

Banned
Hahahahahahaha.

Hunters: WE ARE THE DANGER.

That grammar is perfect.

I am the one who knocks....a hole through your face

#Teamtitan

EDIT: Having played the beta on 360, I'm rather looking forward to the #realdeal on my PS4. Can't wait. Two days!

So many posts arguing over which class people will choose.

Am I the only one who's planning on leveling all three somewhat simultaneously? I may end up favoring one, but initially I want to have one of each to experience it all.

Hunter will always be my main, but I do plan on playing the others too.

Now this game has dispatched for me I am feeling the hype BIG time. I haven't been this hyped for a game -especialy an fps- for a long, long time. I guess the Beta made things worse because I remember that sweet taste I got a few months ago and now I need my fix.

Even though you already paid it off you still have to get a finalized receipt from them before you can get in line to pick up your game. I would suggest stopping by early to get the receipt, leave, and return shortly before midnight to get your game.

For destiny my gamestop is starting to finalize receipts at 6pm and they put you in different groups depending on when you finalized. If you don't want to wait in line long, contact your store and see when you can get in to do it. If you don't mind a long line, yeah just show up close to midnight and then wait your turn. :)

Damn OK, thanks for the info!

ButchCat

Although it says in the OP that Vanguard Armory is available with all preorders I feel like the marketing team has done a bad in regards to this especially in the UK. I preordered my limited edition from Zaavi and they don't say much, does anyone doubt that it won't be there?

Tawpgun

Whats the lore explanation behind the crucible? Are the Guardians actually killing each other or is it a sport kind of thing.

Although it says in the OP that Vanguard Armory is available with all preorders I feel like the marketing team has done a bad in regards to this especially in the UK. I preordered my limited edition from Zaavi and they don't say much, does anyone doubt that it won't be there?

It's in the case. Don't worry.

Tovarisc

Whats the lore explanation behind the crucible? Are the Guardians actually killing each other or is it a sport kind of thing.

It's combat exercise and preparation for combat against alien races.

Guardians actually fight each other with live ammunitions and die, their Ghosts keep resurrecting them until exercise is over.

Ark

Do we know how long it should take to hit level 20? (not including server issues) Because I'm mooorrreee than likely going to max out the three classes ASAP in my days off next week.

Vooduu

Do we know how long it should take to hit level 20? (not including server issues) Because I'm mooorrreee than likely going to max out the three classes ASAP in my days off next week.

Bungie claims leveling up will be a lot slower in the final version versus the Beta.

Thats my main question. Since all weapons and armor have upgrades and such, will kind of suck to be building a nice suit exactly the way you want it but while gaining the experience to upgrade the weapons and armor you then keep leveling up and end up with a new piece of higher level gear that you want to put on, that then again needs upgrading to get exactly how you like it lol.

Will be an interesting balancing act.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom