• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tovarisc

Bungie claims leveling up will be a lot slower in the final version versus the Beta.

"A lot slower".

There is already healthy amount of Bungie employees who are already between 20 and 26 after ~week of game time. 30th of August seems to be earliest when some started leveling up.

I'm pretty pumped to dive into the story and lore of Destiny. Absolutely loved the story in the Halo universe, and how in-depth it got. I hope Destiny is just as good.

Karg

Leaving for a business trip Monday and won't be back until Thursday night....so painful...last Halo release I had jury duty on release day.

Looking forward to playing with you goons next week....late but will get it in

I really don't see it being that much slower, the leveling. I'd wager level 20's by Friday. If not earlier.

Oh im sure some will simply race to 20 without paying much attention to anything else.

I'll probably hit lv. 20 in a few weeks lol. Will only get to play 1-2 hours a night maybe

Yeah but we've never found out how long it 'should' take. I'm going to guess it'll take three to four times as long.

1-6 was very fast. It seemed to slow down a good clip at 7 and 8 unless you completed bounties quickly that gave a good amount of XP.

I'm guessing you can get to lv. 10 fast, where you start getting Rare level items, and it starts to slow down a good bit from there.

Trace

Banned
Leaving for a business trip Monday and won't be back until Thursday night....so painful...last Halo release I had jury duty on release day.

Looking forward to playing with you goons next week....late but will get it in

We'll be here waiting :)

Vooduu

"A lot slower".

There is already healthy amount of Bungie employees who are already between 20 and 26 after ~week of game time. 30th of August seems to be earliest when some started leveling up.

These aren't my words, mind you. Plus I said "claimed". It was in one of their interviews.

Plus we don't know how long they have really been playing. It could be so many hours logged in making sure the game runs absolutely perfect, which is what they are aiming for.

I'm gonna be writing a lot of fan fiction on the love hate relationship between the three classes. Society doesn't approve but we don't care. Gotta wake up early.

Iuib8il.gif

Cømet

Banned
We only know of the two expansions for Destiny atm. Could be more, could be Destiny 2 after that. Don't know.

I'd rather D2 was released as a series of (sizeable) downloadable expansions that can be hooked onto D1. Would suck to have to switch discs to play D1 and D2.

I'm gonna wish I'd gone digital aren't I.

Trace

Banned
I'm guessing around 20 hours maybe to hit cap

I'm guessing 15-20. I think the time it takes to hit 20 will be where the actual loot game opens up, and hitting 30 will probably take longer than 1-20.

Cømet;128762081 said:
I'd rather D2 was released as a series of (sizeable) downloadable expansions that can be hooked onto D1. Would suck to have to switch discs to play D1 and D2.

Digital is love, digital is life.

Cømet;128762081 said:

Yup.

Alright guys and gals, I came into some extra funds and I am once again set to enjoy Destiny this week. Now to figure out who my first character class shall be D:

Stoze

Do we know how long it should take to hit level 20? (not including server issues) Because I'm mooorrreee than likely going to max out the three classes ASAP in my days off next week.

I'm gonna guess we'll hit 20 by the end of the campaign/story missions and maybe with a bit of exp though strikes, explore, etc. Soo maybe like 8-9 hours?

Cømet;128762081 said:

Having a sequel release as a near full price expansion pack would be great but something like a completely stand alone sequel would end up with a ton more improvements under the hood which would break comptability with the first release.

I sort of want both, I miss full retail expansions which did a good job at expanding a game more then just simple map packs do.

BrettWeir

Amazon LE, Georgia....

We've received your order, but we haven't started preparing it for shipment yet. The amount of time your order spends in this status can vary based on the availability of the item(s) and the selected delivery.

TITANS FTFW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tovarisc

Plus we don't know how long they have really been playing. It could be so many hours logged in making sure the game runs absolutely perfect, which is what they are aiming for.

I did quick check on one developer profile. He has clocked ~2d 11h since Aug 30th. His effective level is 25 atm.

Here his time split between different activities.

Watching this Faction gear video and Future War Cult is my absolute everything. I know I throw the word WipEout around a lot but HOLY MOLY IT IS SO DAMN WIPEOUT.

And their helm. My god. It's perfect.

Strider

I'm expecting 15-20 hours or so to reach lvl 20. Depending on what you're playing... PvP will probably be a little slower I'd guess? It'll probably take a good while to max out a subclass though. I don't want to even take a guess at that.

Are you expecting the graphics to look
Extremely better compared to the Beta?.

No. I expect it to look the exact same.

Whats the lore explanation behind the crucible? Are the Guardians actually killing each other or is it a sport kind of thing.

Somewhere between live-fire exercises and political disputes. Since Ghosts make revival under controlled conditions fairly easy, they use live combat as a way of settling disputes.

(I may be full of it on this; going off of bits and pieces from the map, gametype, and faction descriptions)

Cømet

Banned
Having a sequel release as a near full price expansion pack would be great but something like a completely stand alone sequel would end up with a ton more improvements under the hood which would break comptability with the first release.

I sort of want both, I miss full retail expansions which did a good job at expanding a game more then just simple map packs do.

That's the war of thoughts raging my mind too.

I guess it might be a bit much to ask for D1 to be remastered/adapted and included in D2 huh ;p

Tovarisc said:
I did quick check on one developer profile. He has clocked ~2d 11h since Aug 30th. His effective level is 25 atm.

Holy hell, 59 hours already?

Doesn't sound like a bad amount of time to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom