• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killzig

Alright guys and gals, I came into some extra funds and I am once again set to enjoy Destiny this week. Now to figure out who my first character class shall be D:

I'd say Titan. I plan on playing all three, but during the beta I had the most fun with Titan/Warlock. I only played PvE so that may skew things.

Bold One

LLDCmVD.jpg

NoTacos

I kind of expected it to take over half a day just to get to level 15, so I'm not too surprised. I do hope glimmer drops are more frequent though (even in smaller quantities), from alpha to beta it was pretty ridiculous how much they cut glimmer drops from enemy kills.

Trace

Banned
I kind of expected it to take over half a day just to get to level 15, so I'm not too surprised. I do hope glimmer drops are more frequent though (even in smaller quantities), from alpha to beta it was pretty ridiculous how much they cut glimmer drops from enemy kills.

Chest farming was ridiculously fast tho. I do hope they cut down on the speed of that and increase it from enemies. I want to kill stuff, not drive around in a circle going to different chests for an hour.

Ark

I actually noticed that Warlocks were the least popular class in my beta experience. The exact opposite of the Alpha. Hunters were by the far the most popular though.

I just canceled my PS4 LE version since I decided it wasn't the best way to spend the money since all I really wanted was the in game bonuses and the real life junk would be tossed into the closet. I just changed it to a digal guardian code on Amazon for $89 but for some reason they applied a $5 coupon to it automatically. I think thats a much better deal than a real LE. >.>

Trace

Banned
I actually noticed that Warlocks were the least popular class in my beta experience. The exact opposite of the Alpha. Hunters were by the far the most popular though.

I'm pretty sure Bungie released some stats on some point. Went Hunter > Warlock > Titan in terms of popularity. They were all fairly close though.

For me chests were a rarity.

Because they didn't put them in plain sight. They hid them in the caves and on top of things, but if you knew all the spawn points you could pretty much hit a chest every 30 seconds.

You guys do a Hype Ship, and leave me off it...?

Thanks a lot... >.>

Well you weren't here. Silly.

This was the same for me, sometimes in PVP I would go up against a whole team of Hunters. Having 6 players on the other team running around with the golden gun made it hard not to rage quit.

If I wanted to buy the "That Wizard came from the moon!" T-shirt, where would be the best place to do it? I see it's gone from the bungie store and EBay/Redbubble only have cheap knockoffs

Tovarisc

Because they didn't put them in plain sight. They hid them in the caves and on top of things, but if you knew all the spawn points you could pretty much hit a chest every 30 seconds.

I really hope they have nerfed worth of infinite chest farm and made doing quests and killing mobs more worthwhile. I want make my cash by doing interesting stuff, not by driving in circle in Old Russia.

SnakeEyes

Banned
ikasumi-spaghetti-gif.gif

If I wanted to buy the "That Wizard came from the moon!" T-shirt, where would be the best place to do it? I see it's gone from the bungie store and EBay/Redbubble only have cheap knockoffs
Bungie only did a limited run after the end of the Alpha, so knockoffs are all you'll get now. Besides, the line was taken out of the Beta and probably the full game too.

Cømet

Banned
I did quick check on one developer profile. He has clocked ~2d 11h since Aug 30th. His effective level is 25 atm.

Here his time split between different activities.

Just can't love that controller. The 360 gamepad is perfect, why change it so?

NB: Perfect apart from not having a built in battery :mad:

NoTacos

Chest farming was ridiculously fast tho. I do hope they cut down on the speed of that and increase it from enemies. I want to kill stuff, not drive around in a circle going to different chests for an hour.

True. Beta was more stable, but I like the way alpha was balanced. I definitely expect enemies to be increased, especially if thousands of players ore going to be online. Hopefully they have enough servers to keep it from being overcrowded.

Cømet

Banned

Good question. I like cool looking tshirts, and that is a cool looking tshirt.

Help MrWakes and myself look like dapper gentlefolk before our chums pls.

Btw do we know how many crucible maps come shipped?

10 iirc.

I have a Ghost Edition from Best Buy on pre-order for in-store pickup. My store is also doing a midnight release. I keep thinking that the worst is going to happen...like I'll never get the "Come pickup your item" e-mail, they won't get it in, or my copy will go to someone else before I can get there, or it will be damaged.

Dragon

Banned
If anyone doubts this game is going to be big just go off of GAF. Trying to remember the last official thread that had this many posts before release.

Disclaimer: I know GAF isn't representative of anything!

If anyone doubts this game is going to be big just go off of GAF. Trying to remember the last official thread that had this many posts before release.

Disclaimer: I know GAF isn't representative of anything!

The Last of Us Remastered comes to mind first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom