• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cømet

Banned
Not the Xbox One analog sticks.
Aluminum.

be careful to unplug the ribbon cables carefully, and from the start to eleminate risk of unplugging the sides that are covered.
While taking apart the controller, press the L2 and R2 buttons to make the underside shell come off a little easier.
unplug the battery, and take it out, there is one screw holding the rest of the controller together(5 screws in total after the 4 shell screws).
The logic board should only be wiggled out after you have unplugged the ribbon cable I warned you about.
Now, you have access to the analog thumb sticks.
They are not glued, but are on pretty tight, so use reasonable force, with a little wiggle.

place the desired thumb sticks on, and put back together.
If you mess something up, it can likely be fixed, but remember: There are no repair/replacement parts to buy online if you actually break something.
If you have not taken any electronics apart in the past, this is a bit close to intermediate levels, but is doable. Just be warned, it aynt all that easy.

Clips hold the controller together, so after you unscrew the 4 screws, you will need to push/pull the shells apart, starting on the handle side.

lol they like making it interesting don't they, sounds a fair bit more difficult than taking a 360 pad apart.

But that's cool, I love taking electronics apart and putting them back together (mostly the right way too!). When the sticks on my DS4 go, I'll definitely be getting some o those aluminium bad boys.

They feel really good to me. Havent noticed any ill effects by changing them.
The tension is the same, and I feel no extra, or less resistance than before.

Thanks, thats good to know. I might have to try those out, because as much as I love the ds4 the thumbsticks aren't quite right in my opinion.

DOWN

Banned
Wait are the codes posted in here from the LE too? Or aren't the LE skins supposed to be exclusive and thus would have unique emblem codes not posted here?

neoism

why'd you cancel your og amazon order

Because I'm an impatient asshole :*( My amazon never ships to my house until like 1pm-3pm in the day. I have Tuesday off I'm not waiting half of it away for nothing when I could get it the night before... I canceled because I didnt want to pay for it in full at SHITSTOP and cancel it to find it shipped already...

Because I'm an impatient asshole :*( My amazon never ships to my house until like 1pm-3pm in the day. I have Tuesday off I'm not waiting half of it away for nothing when I could get it the night before... I canceled because I didnt want to pay for it in full at SHITSTOP and cancel it to find it shipped already...

consider the server issues (especially on PSN) for the first half of tuesday and that wait wont seem that bad. Sleep in, grab some snacks and chill until the afternoon.

neoism

Lesson learned. Don't buy from Gamestop. And why did you cancel out on Amazon? Eeeesh.

sadly I live in a town the has nothing I usually never do but they are the #1 to get shit if your impatient like me.. the last time I went there was for GTA5... I never liked gamestop, this store used to have older peps that knew their shit, and now its nothing but children.

neoism

You never cancel the current order until the new order is confirmed. Rookie mistake. You've no one to blame but yourself. May the Traveler have mercy on your soul.

Couldn't you just go digital?

it is indeed mine but still a manager could have done the pre order and not been stopped dead just because he didn't know how to do it.. The guy said the Assistant Manager knew more about the pre-order system then he did... I would go digital if I didn't want the WHITE console..... I've wanted a white console since PS2. I just fucked myself by trying to not fuck myself...

:( Yeah plus the PSN problems they are 100% going to happen. I swear its almost pointless to try and be apart of a day one release anymore...

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I call shenanigans on Bungie's claim that leveling up takes so much longer than the alpha/beta. It contradicts previous comments about the game really beginning at Level 20. Put it this way, The Vault of Glass opens up Sept. 16 for Level 25+. They must expect a week to be a reasonable amount of time to hit that level for more hardcore day one buyers.

Jafo_

Wait are the codes posted in here from the LE too? Or aren't the LE skins supposed to be exclusive and thus would have unique emblem codes not posted here?

They are from the LE, but the unique codes are on the card inside the steel case and are a 1 time use. The codes you see posted in here, and well, everywhere, are mass codes that can be used by anyone. They are printed/kinda hidden on all the extra material stuff you get and are all the same.

Fitts

The perpetual class debate/deliberation...

No matter the numbers I highly doubt that there will be anything that can remotely be considered a dearth of any one class. Even if the spread isn't exactly even, there will be plenty of each to keep team/adversarial dynamics varied and interesting. In addition, I'm sure many will be experimenting with multiple classes since this game allows for it at no additional premium nor penalty, so there's a high likelihood that the percentages will be highly variable for a good, long time.

Just choose what you're most interested in (or have a gut instinct inclination to) and have fun! There's no reason to roll with what's "most powerful" or what's "most scarce" because those attributes will be ever changing. I myself am rolling Titan first since I'm most interested in Defender, but I'm sure I'll be starting a Warlock at some point since Firesinger looks unique and I performed the best as Voidwalker in the Alpha/Beta.

Klyka

Banned
I call shenanigans on Bungie's claim that leveling up takes so much longer than the alpha/beta. It contradicts previous comments about the game really beginning at Level 20. Put it this way, The Vault of Glass opens up Sept. 16 for Level 25+. They must expect a week to be a reasonable amount of time to hit that level for more hardcore day one buyers.

Why does the raid open up later?
Also we all know people will be max level on day 1. It always happens.

NoTacos

My goal is to get to level 20 by Friday if not sooner. It seems completely doable if you play excessively at launch.

Jafo_

it is indeed mine but still a manager could have done the pre order and not been stopped dead just because he didn't know how to do it.. The guy said the Assistant Manager knew more about the pre-order system then he did... I would go digital if I didn't want the WHITE console..... I've wanted a white console since PS2. I just fucked myself by trying to not fuck myself...

:( Yeah plus the PSN problems they are 100% going to happen. I swear its almost pointless to try and be apart of a day one release anymore...

PSN & Xbox digitals are preload, so you can go digital now, pre load it, and sit there and watch the countdown timer until the servers open.

Fitts

Considering you could level a character in the Alpha/Beta to 8 simply by playing each of the available story missions twice I don't doubt that they tweaked the amount of XP earned and/or amount needed to level. Given what we've already experienced, you would be able to reach 20 in a day or two.

Jafo_

If you get everyone in this thread to give me a dollar i'll go get a PS4 and play with you, sure.

lurkers too?

Strikes are suppose to be 1-3 player fire teams correct?...
I think they may have upped that number, from something I seen

At least you get a free upgrade to the Xbox One version if you buy digitally.

im not even getting it digitally lol 360 has no option to preorder, and games dont go live until sometime around 3 or 4 AM where I live....so missing out on preorder dlc AND having to wait...NOPE

YoungHav

Banned
Seriously? That's new to me, they usually have things by Saturday or Sunday.
It's a shame. I had to go buy wine and weed to keep me out of jail tonight. NY gaming scene has fallen off, they done neutered Chinatown Fair. Now family/kid-friendly, with skeeball and shit instead of the fighting game scene.

dengatron

If i'm not 25+ by next tuesday i'd be super surprised. There's no way it takes long to get to 20. maybe the light gear and orbs of light are hard to come by but, i doubt it.

NAPK1NS

Hey - I played the ugly PS3 version of the beta. How do you activate the navigation mode on PS4 without a select button? Do you just tap on the touch screen and bust out the Sparrow from there?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Considering you could level a character in the Alpha/Beta to 8 simply by playing each of the available story missions twice I don't doubt that they tweaked the amount of XP earned and/or amount needed to level. Given what we've already experienced, you would be able to reach 20 in a day or two.

That's what I expect. Basically, how fast can you blitz the story mode along with a few strikes? A day or two most likely.

SDCowboy

Hey - I played the ugly PS3 version of the beta. How do you activate the navigation mode on PS4 without a select button? Do you just tap on the touch screen and bust out the Sparrow from there?

Correct. It's the touchscreen to bring up dinklebot, the sparrow and travel to orbit.

NoTacos

This is my goal as well I took a vacation week with my buddies just so we could do this and get ready for the 25th.
To be honest, I expect to get to level 10 within the first 15 hours lol it took me about 5 hours to get to level 8 in beta so 15 hours is generous even with longer leveling times. If so, I may end up using the rest of the week to just did items to boost me to level 25, not sure if I want to completely tackle story mode first though.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

naw, i bet it will be considerably slower. like half speed. most people wont be at the level required to play the raid in a week, but a few will. i hit level 8 in 2 days easily, but i'd be shocked if i'm a level 5 or 6 in the same play time.

Kyoufu

The touchpad is clickable, as in a physical button, so it replaces Select.

neoism

PSN & Xbox digitals are preload, so you can go digital now, pre load it, and sit there and watch the countdown timer until the servers open.

I would mang but I don't have a Ps4 :p Im not buying the game on PS3....I did stare at the black Ps4 at walmart for like 10 minutes lol but I'm getting DAT White console or else I dont have an xbox anymore and never will. 360 fucked me over too bad
Over the course of the systems life I had to buy 6 360's from them fucking up. I loved Halo tooo much until Halo 4 came and destroyed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom