• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
That's quite an over-exaggeration.

Here's what the armor piece in question looks like in game.

the_armamentarium.jpg

Probably look better on a male. Honestly not a big fan of the way female titans look in game. Too small IMO.

darthbob

Probably look better on a male. Honestly not a big fan of the way female titans look in game. Too small IMO.

I'll agree with you on that, Titan armor doesn't seem to suit the slender frame of any of the female races.

Still, I'm thinking of running a female Exo Titan.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
That's quite an over-exaggeration.

Here's what the armor piece in question looks like in game.

the_armamentarium.jpg

thats what the armor looks like zoomed in where you cant see shit. also, your post showed the b.net version which was what i was commenting on. its bad. really really bad. but, to each his own. enjoy fellow guardian!

darthbob

thats what the armor looks like zoomed in where you cant see shit. also, your post showed the b.net version which was what i was commenting on. its bad. really really bad. but, to each his own. enjoy fellow guardian!

The B.net and Companion app renderings of the armor do kinda look like shit.

I imagine that's just to help with performance though.

Figments

What's this talk of boob windows and shitty Guardian gear? I've been away for an hour or two.

I must see pictures of all these things.

It is killing me that there's no pre-order for the digital deluxe XBox 360 version. I so badly want to prepurchase and get the free XBone upgrade.

Trace

Banned

That's also on a male Titan I believe. Doesn't look too bad.

Gamespawn

Is it worth upgrading for 20? I got the e-mail telling me I could the the dlx version with the expansions for 20 bucks.

Tovarisc

I really hope the high-level female Titan armor looks a lot better in-game compared to the companion apps. The latter is where it actually matters of course.

Item placement [e.g. those nade tits] is same as it will be in-game. Only difference will be model, texture and shader quality. So they will "look better", but if you don't like nade tits in App then you won't like them in-game.

So checking out Bungie's employees character online why do some of them not have a flag of a faction. . and I will be really upset if they cut some of the factions. Osiris for life.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Just got a text from Gamestop telling me I can pick up my copy at 12:01 AM on Tuesday.

I'm still as hyped as I feel like I should be for Bungie's Next Big Thing, but I'm still excited. :)

darthbob

So checking out Bungie's employees character online why do some of them not have a flag of a faction. . and I will be really upset if they cut some of the factions. Osiris for life.

I imagine it's because that Guardian has not chosen a faction.

The number of factions that you can adorn your Guardian with also appears to be limited to Dead Orbit, New Monarchy, and Future War Cult. Osiris and Seven Seraphs seem to be related to something else.

I was a Warlock in the Beta, but Titan is looking so good right now. Decisions, decisions...

GAF, help through the pros and cons of both classes.

I've been in and out of this thread for the past week...lurking, and every moment I spend I get more and more hype. I'm buying an Xbox One on Monday but I haven't decided if I'm day one on Destiny.

NJShadow

Did you wanna' toss these in? These are the codes redeemable on Bungie.net for unlockables in-game. Not sure if they've already been posted in this thread.

CARD CODE
Warlock YKA-RJG-MH9
Hunter 3DA-P4X-F6A
Titan MVD-4N3-NKH
Rixis TCN-HCD-TGY
Old Russia HDX-ALM-V4K
Hive 473-MXR-3X9
Moon JMR-LFN-4A3
Gjallorhorn Launcher HC3-H44-DKC
Duke Mk. 44 69P-KRM-JJA
The Tower 69P-VCH-337
Hive Ogre 69R-CKD-X7L
Valley of the Kings 69R-DDD-FCP
The Fallen 69R-F99-AXG
Red Death 69R-VL7-J6A
The Cabal 69X-DJN-74V
The Devastated Coast 6A7-7NP-3X7
Vex Minotaur 6A9-DTG-YGN

And some more...

FJ9-LAM-67F
JD7-4CM-HJG
JDT-NLC-JKM
JNX-DMH-XLA
7CP-94V-LFP
7F9-767-F74

Einbroch

Banned
I was a Warlock in the Beta, but Titan is looking so good right now. Decisions, decisions...

Titan pros: You're a Titan.
Titan cons: You'll be too awesome for your friends to handle.

Warlock pros: You can always reroll Titan.
Warlock cons: You're a Warlock.

I'm for sure going Titan but I don't know if I want to take on for the team and go defender or kick things into mist and go striker. Defenders will be in high demand for raids, but kicking...things...

Respect

You will probably play both eventually...but titans are more close range oriented/tanking special, warlocks are your support class with firesinger subclass

I imagine it's because that Guardian has not chosen a faction.

The number of factions that you can adorn your Guardian with also appears to be limited to Dead Orbit, New Monarchy, and Future War Cult. Osiris and Seven Seraphs seem to be related to something else.

That's actually saddening. I wish they left them in.

I'm holding out with hope that there are more factions once you head to Mercury and you have to earn your spot in Osiris

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I've been in and out of this thread for the past week...lurking, and every moment I spend I get more and more hype. I'm buying an Xbox One on Monday but I haven't decided if I'm day one on Destiny.

oh, you're in.

I'm for sure going Titan but I don't know if I want to take on for the team and go defender or kick things into mist and go striker. Defenders will be in high demand for raids, but kicking...things...

apparently (sadly) you dont need to lock anything in, so you can switch between both

I'm conflicted. Very conflicted.

My roommate wants the PS4 for NHL 15 (Despite my constant advisement to NOT get it) and I'll have the Xbox 360/One version too but I really want to level up my main account which is the PS4 version.

Do I be "that guy" and tell him to piss off and play the PS4 version or make due with the Xbox versions? Help me Gaf. This is a moral dilemma.

That's actually saddening. I wish they left them in.

I'm holding out with hope that there are more factions once you head to Mercury and you have to earn your spot in Osiris

Ditto. Osiris just sounded the coolest to me because of a) my ongoing obsession w/ Egyptian mythology and b) the whole "trials of Osiris" thing. If they're not a "full" faction, I'm gonna be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom