• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirim

I'd like to say I hope to see none of you on this OT all of Tuesday, but I'll be too busy playing Destiny to even know.

As should you all.

Except for those with commitments to reality who can't be on Destiny all of Tuesday

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I'd like to say I hope to see none of you on this OT all of Tuesday, but I'll be too busy playing Destiny to even know.

I'm bailing out Monday when the servers go up. Some early disc owners will be playing while I stare at a countdown timer. Can't do it.

Kingbrave

And pre download is complete. I hope if there is a bigger download we can get it before the game launches.

The wait intensifies...

chippy13

As should you all.

Except for those with commitments to reality who can't be on Destiny all of Tuesday

I'll be traveling all day Tuesday and through the night. Wednesday will be my kick off.

Respect

As should you all.

I will be here in the OT...counting the minutes at work...will be the longest work day in quite some time for me.

pixxxelz

As should you all.

Don't worry I won't be here at all

I have to work :(

KevinG

Definitely the same here. Came home earlier this week with a 2TB hard drive for my PS4 and she just rolled her eyes at me.

Through a series of interesting events, I once ended up with 5 huge boxes at the front door. March 26th, 2013. Ultimate Songbird Edition. 5 of them.

She still supported my gaming even after what we call "The Songbird Incident."

There won't be a "Ghost Edition Incident."

Amazon usually ships tuesday release date delivery late sunday, right?

I'm flipping my ghost edition. I pre ordered it but realized that I didn't need the extra stuff. So I'm basically doing it to get the game free.

I'm conflicted. Very conflicted.

My roommate wants the PS4 for NHL 15 (Despite my constant advisement to NOT get it) and I'll have the Xbox 360/One version too but I really want to level up my main account which is the PS4 version.

Do I be "that guy" and tell him to piss off and play the PS4 version or make due with the Xbox versions? Help me Gaf. This is a moral dilemma.

Do you plan on playing with IRL friends or mostly with Gafers? I believe a 3 to 1 tilt towards PS4 means go with that for Gaf raiding. Otherwise, play where your friends are^^

Rflagg

giphy.gif

Omg so awesome I spit out my drink

Figments

If only I had enough money left for that limited edition hardcover Brady Games Destiny strategy guide. :(

Have to put $50 towards my console. Sorry, guys, but I need an upgrade.

Sirim

I'm conflicted. Very conflicted.

My roommate wants the PS4 for NHL 15 (Despite my constant advisement to NOT get it) and I'll have the Xbox 360/One version too but I really want to level up my main account which is the PS4 version.

Do I be "that guy" and tell him to piss off and play the PS4 version or make due with the Xbox versions? Help me Gaf. This is a moral dilemma.
I don't understand. Your roommate wants the PS4, and you have the Xbox version but really want to play on PS4?

Isn't this a win-win situation to get the PS4 version so you can both play together? Or maybe I'm not understanding.

Cømet

Banned
Heh, not really. I just prefer the voice of the female Exo to the male Exo.

But I do like my robot ladies.

Nautica's shaping up great, I love a girl into science. Chromia started good and just kinda.....got worse. WB #4 is kinda whack.

Players leave, others replace them, at the end it shows everyone's stats.

Swear down, early today in this very thread a Bungie chap posted about the number of players in a strike might be changing. Can't remember if it was a post or a picture of a post from elsewhere, but I SWEAR I saw it. I have no idea which page in the hundreds it's on, but it was this afternoon. Some time after 5pm GMT I think. I'ma look.

EDIT: Ze thread, she ees too big! :(

I feel like a dumbass...

I had $60 in Best Buy gift certificates for buying appliances at BB.

I didn't know what to spend it on so I figured I'd buy money for a system...it was expiring soon so I had to use it. I have like $60 in my Xbox account for Halo this fall, so I don't need to put it there. I don't have anything on my Nintendo account and have about 6 bucks in my PSN wallet.

Nothing is coming out for Wii U right now so I PUT ALL SIXTY ON THE WII U.

Then I realize an hour later that Destiny is out...and I could have just used those damn GC's.

At least you're ready for Smash eh?

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
So I've decided to jump in. I finally got a PS4 LE ordered on Amazon but I'm wondering if I should just cancel it and pre-load the Digital Guardian version right now. The collectibles look nice but I prefer to have all of my games digital. Thoughts?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Amazon usually ships tuesday release date delivery late sunday, right?

I'm flipping my ghost edition. I pre ordered it but realized that I didn't need the extra stuff. So I'm basically doing it to get the game free.

Depends how far you are from a fulfillment center. There's one 3 hours from Chicago so for me they just overnight it Monday evening and I get it Tuesday.

greyskull

So I've decided to jump in. I finally got a PS4 LE ordered on Amazon but I'm wondering if I should just cancel it and pre-load the Digital Guardian version right now. The collectibles look nice but I prefer to have all of my games digital. Thoughts?

I was in the same situation until yesterday. I'm not all that big on collectibles.. Downloading 20GB doesn't bother me much. And I get to avoid ever fiddling with discs, especially since it's an online-only game. I switched to the digital edition and have it preloaded waiting.

Sirim

If you prefer digital, then I'd say digital would be best in the long run, unless you fancy yourself a collector of sorts. I feel after the novelty of whatever LE gives you wears off, you'll wish you had gone digital if you prefer it.

Respect

Canceled my LE Thursday for the digital guardian edition...first time I have bought a full game digitally at release. Not going to be there at midnight for the servers to go live since I need to work and didn't want to risk shipping problems/delays when I got back from work. Few bucks cheaper in the US too.

malfcn

Got more avatars for peeps, if they want to rep GAF, Xbox or PlayStation.
For some reason the black version isn't quite as clean.
I can also do any variation at request.

fO7L95v.png
9nDmLZu.png
nCRvDmz.png

ngiLmq3.png
MxnRuSV.png
VWKXyJ2.png

I made the switch earlier today. I justified it because I know I will want to play Destiny for a long time so I don't plan on selling it. Also I have a Vita for remote play so it would make sense to have a digital game that I will play often.

Currently the only digital games I have and plan to obtain this year are:
Destiny
Infamous Fetch DLC (allows me to play the arena with her and Delsin: the only replay value of this game)
Driveclub PS+ version (cheaper)
GTA 5 (will play this game non-stop as well)

I still plan to buy CoD:AW and Assassin Creed but I know these games will get stale eventually and I will end up selling them.

TUSR

Banned
I'm assuming the White PS4 bundle doesn't have Destiny installed, rather a physical copy of the disk I'll have to install before I play.

Is this right?

If there's one game that needs to be digital, it's Destiny.

It's something I'm going to be playing for months/years to come, and I don't want to bother swapping out discs.

DOWN

Banned
Why buy a guide?

The one question they know their customers don't ask.

It'll all be digital one day and we'll like it. Might as well realize why right now.

its because we don't have room for more Chinese swag for every fiction and in fact, none of it feels as good to have in an adult home as stuff that has actual history and ties in reality that inspired the aesthetics of the mass produced swag in the first place. Give that house some class like the Underwoods are coming to visit.

If you don't mind not getting the collectibles, you might as well buy the digital version.

Not sure if sarcasm. I'm very excited about this game, like square enix eyeing another final fantasy 13 spinoff.

Not sarcasm. Love what you have on your wall. Not to get too off topic but Seconds was a fantastic book, and anyone reading this should check it out if they liked Scott Pilgrim.

Got more avatars for peeps, if they want to rep GAF, Xbox or PlayStation.
For some reason the black version isn't quite as clean.
I can also do any variation at request.
]

Awesome job on these. Took one for my avatar if you don't mind!

mcfrank

Yes please god how did this happen and how can I do it

I made a thread about it, but it didn't get a ton of traction

1.) preload Destiny
- at this point the listing for the game will say it is downloaded, but is not playable until 12pst

2.) go to settings, system, language and location and change your location to New Zealand
- your system will reboot

3.) go to settings, system, time zone and choose Auckland, Wellington UTC +12

4.) go back to the Destiny page
- it now says it unlocks at 12 NZST

If you are off work on Monday like me and want to play, this may be your best bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom