• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
2s2simA.png

From an australian gamer forum.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I hope so, mainly because of the 3 class slot limit per account.

but, with it you werent forced to use it... i actually thought 2 of my 3 slots would be hunters before the removal. 1 bladedancer, one hunter.

zlatko

Banned
This not yet shipped from Amazon is getting to me too. This is what went down when I was pumped for Black Ops1...and it showed up 2 days after the fact even though things looked all gravy.

I've got a contingency plan to get a back up normal copy from Gamestop either way I pre ordered, but I'd really like to just start day 1 with my Limited Edition. :(

Also, this hype ship we have going on: I want in! :D

Edit: There is release day shipping for this? I still don't see that option going if I go to change speed. The thing I did was Amazon Prime's Free Trial and got the two day shipping....should I change it?

How readily available do you guys think the PS4/Destiny bundle will be? I didn't have much intention to pick it up, but I just found out that my parents are going to buy me a PS4, but I have to wait til Wednesday. Hoping to go out to some stores and see if I can find the bundle. Not sure where my best bet would be.

Xamdou

How readily available do you guys think the PS4/Destiny bundle will be? I didn't have much intention to pick it up, but I just found out that my parents are going to buy me a PS4, but I have to wait til Wednesday. Hoping to go out to some stores and see if I can find the bundle. Not sure where my best bet would be.

Just checked Bestbuy.com and the bundle is sold out of the preorder in all the stores in my area.

Oscar

I see, but what do you mean Gear can get me to lvl 30?

Gear levels probably. In some MMOs, despite the level cap being something like 60, some endgame gear would be labeled as "level 62". It's just their way to distinguish starter endgame gear, and the really top of the food chain gear. Makes it easier to browse through a large library of level 20 (or whatever the character level cap is) gear.

I'm surprised there haven't been any reports of early copies out in the wild. Activision seems to be really on top of broken street dates with this game lol.

Seil

zlatko

Banned
I just changed my shipping on Amazon to 1 day and it cost me 4 bucks. Well worth it.

I hope this doesn't mess anything up. :(

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Great talking with some of you guys in the meeting, also discovered some common interests among Guardians, good times.

Errrrrmagehrd, only ~34 hours till I'm playing Destiny.. one great thing about living in Aotearoa!

Xamdou

High level gear has a Light stat. This stat boosts your effective level past 20.

Gear levels probably. In some MMOs, despite the level cap being something like 60, some endgame gear would be labeled as "level 62". It's just their way to distinguish starter endgame gear, and the really top of the food chain gear. Makes it easier to browse through a large library of level 20 (or whatever the character level cap is) gear.

I see makes much more sense thanks!

Vooduu

I preordered Mass Effect 3 CE (lol) from Amazon the evening before the release date, and it still showed up on my doorstep the following day.

Amazon Release Day shipping has never failed me, luckily.

Only reason I'm worried because it's failed me, but that was for the PS4.

Figments

I'm constantly judging you.

Right back at ya, buddy.

So you don't have it already...I question your commitment guardian.
:p

*I question your commitment, Guardian.

Direct address, yo.

Looks like a moleskin clone. If it's as good as that, should be cool.

The Destiny Hardcover Blank Journal came from the moon so yes go get it!!!

Damned if it isn't, though. Moleskins are fine-ass journals. I hope this is just like that, and it looks like it.

Purchased.

chippy13

The ridiculous amount of money that I have invested in Destiny means I won't be getting any new games for long while. Wife says.

Funny, mine said the same thing. Actually, I think she always says that, then I explain why the next game is the best ever and so on and the cycle continues.

oatmeal

Banned
I feel like a dumbass...

I had $60 in Best Buy gift certificates for buying appliances at BB.

I didn't know what to spend it on so I figured I'd buy money for a system...it was expiring soon so I had to use it. I have like $60 in my Xbox account for Halo this fall, so I don't need to put it there. I don't have anything on my Nintendo account and have about 6 bucks in my PSN wallet.

Nothing is coming out for Wii U right now so I PUT ALL SIXTY ON THE WII U.

Then I realize an hour later that Destiny is out...and I could have just used those damn GC's.

KevinG

Funny, mine said the same thing. Actually, I think she always says that, then I explain why the next game is the best ever and so on and the cycle continues.

I just enjoy investing in games that I trust will be amazing. She allows me to indulge in my hobby much more than I deserve.

chippy13

I just enjoy investing in games that I trust will be amazing. She allows me to indulge in my hobby much more than I deserve.

Definitely the same here. Came home earlier this week with a 2TB hard drive for my PS4 and she just rolled her eyes at me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom