• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sarcasm. Love what you have on your wall. Not to get too off topic but Seconds was a fantastic book, and anyone reading this should check it out if they liked Scott Pilgrim.

Awesome job on these. Took one for my avatar if you don't mind!

Indeed seconds is great. Im reading it again. Loved it and also thank you.

Foxix Von

Wait, Destiny is rated T?

Damn, I never thought about that. The T rating is a rare breed, much less a big triple A shooter. It's really quite odd when you think about it.

Huh. I didn't even notice. Weird to think about now, though. I'm assuming it's the lack of blood, since it's it really doesn't feel all that different from the Halo series in terms of violence. Then again the M rating on Halo games always felt somewhat unwarranted to me, given how tame that franchise is compared to other M rated titles.

mcfrank

Yes please god how did this happen and how can I do it

I made a thread about it, but it didn't get a ton of traction

1.) preload Destiny
- at this point the listing for the game will say it is downloaded, but is not playable until 12pst

2.) go to settings, system, language and location and change your location to New Zealand
- your system will reboot

3.) go to settings, system, time zone and choose Auckland, Wellington UTC +12

4.) go back to the Destiny page
- it now says it unlocks at 12 NZST

If you are off work on Monday like me and want to play, this may be your best bet.

Repost for new page

The gamertag lists in the beta/alpha withdrawal thread had one sided figures too.

Like 500+ PSN users and 100-130 XBL users.

I'm just glad there are that many, to be honest. Sunset Overdrive wouldn't have been worth it if I had no one to play my dear sweet Destiny with.

Sirim

Thanks for the answers, I assumed that this was the case. It's already a great deal for a new PS4 owner with the game included.
Comes with the Vanguard DLC just like any other pre-order, as well, inside the case I believe.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Come on Amazon old buddy don't let me down.

"
Important Message
We thought you should know that we're experiencing a delay with your order. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please take note of the revised shipping and delivery estimates marked in red below."

Got more avatars for peeps, if they want to rep GAF, Xbox or PlayStation.
For some reason the black version isn't quite as clean.
I can also do any variation at request.

fO7L95v.png
9nDmLZu.png
nCRvDmz.png

ngiLmq3.png
MxnRuSV.png
VWKXyJ2.png

These are awesome man. Sick job.

NAPK1NS

Yeah is this, like, the fastest growing thread of GAF history? Pretty impressive nonetheless. I can't believe so many people are weighing in.

dengatron

Hoping newegg actually gets ghost editions to ship considering i cancelled my limited from amazon and wont have anything physical at all if they don't get them in. newegg pls.

Sirim

If Sony were smart they would stealth release 2.0 tomorrow with a Destiny dynamic theme to cash in on the hype.
If they were smart, they'd offer it for a hefty price, since Destiny's hype is already astronomically off the charts so they might as well make extra money with the theme.

lol

Just play another game or something. Time to fire up D3.

I keep trying to go back to D3 and I can't do it. I fire up some video of armor types available in the tower and then I go back to my lame ass Demon Hunter with his tiny, detailless avatar and equipment that might as well just be numbers and arrows for all the time I spend actually looking at it, and it's just like ah forget it. I'll just watch more destiny videos.

Forza's helped, just because it's so different. And I can pretend my cars are Exotic Weapons when I look at them in autovista.

Terrorblot

So I started the PS4 preload but I thought it was supposed to be like 20 gigs, it downloaded what I think was two 200 meg files and now it says it's done..?

bGanci

Banned

1.) preload Destiny
- at this point the listing for the game will say it is downloaded, but is not playable until 12pst

2.) go to settings, system, language and location and change your location to New Zealand

If you are off work on Monday like me and want to play, this may be your best bet.

Repost for new page

You are my favorite person ever if this works.

Thunderstorms knocked out the power in my house last night along with other areas. Don't know when the power will come back on, but I hoping it comes back before Tuesday at midnight. And I'm hoping the Gamestop I preordered the game from didn't have its power knocked out too. I'll check up on that tomorrow

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Thunderstorms knocked out the power in my house last night along with other areas. Don't know when the power will come back on, but I hoping it comes back before Tuesday at midnight. And I'm hoping the Gamestop I preordered the game from didn't have its power knocked out too. I'll check up on that tomorrow

It was destiny that it happened today =p

Stoze

Damn, I never thought about that. The T rating is a rare breed, much less a big triple A shooter. It's really quite odd when you think about it.

It's kind of a rare breed I guess, but Bungie games have always been really soft M-rated games. Swearing is rare, blood and gore isn't over done or visceral, %95 of the time you're not seeing human blood anyways. Going T definitely isn't going to hurt anything.

SirNinja

It's a fairly hard T to be sure, but the rating isn't that weird or unexpected. There's very little blood, no profanity, no sex/nudity, no drugs/alcohol, no adult humor or gambling...you get the picture.

I know that even Bungie thought they'd get an M rating (as evidenced by the disclaimers in a lot of their trailers), but the T rating is great; they'll likely sell quite a few more copies this way.

Lee

1.) preload Destiny

Repost for new page

I hope this works for you, but I doubt it will. If you've already pre-loaded/downloaded the game from the US Marketplace, that game is tied to the US Marketplace rules/settings (English Language/Midnight Pacific Unlock/Whatever else). Changing your region isn't going to suddenly change the unlock, just like changing your region to Japan isn't suddenly going to replace the language/subtitles in the game with Japanese ones, even if the game page in the Japanese store says "Language: Japanese" - just like this game page now says the early unlock time. Does that make sense?

I think a safer bet would be to uninstall the preload, hard reboot, change region to AUS/NZ, go to the AUS/NZ marketplace page for Destiny, hit manage, install, and you should be downloading the AUS/NZ version of the game, which I believe has a better chance of unlocking early.

Maybe I'm wrong and it's a lot of extra work for nothing, in which case I apologize, but that's what makes the most sense to me.

Have they said anything about the theme song done by Paul McCartney being released? anyone know when it will be out? is it already out and I am just slow?

redhot_

Why is my Destiny journal order coming so late?

>November 20, 2014

What the flying horse hockey.

It's just the estimate. Mine says it will be here on the 15th with priority shipping. Same thing happened with my Diablo 3 but it arrived on time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom