• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuphead

Banned
Requested:
Dwy.png

Dibbs

Holy Hell, only 6 more sleeps 'till I get my White PS4 Destiny bundle! Am hype!

6yuEFwL.png

Rofl. I can't take this wait anymore. Oh, and I need a volunteer to take care of my job, wife, house and dog for the coming 1 year atleast, thanks.

Kane1345

Morning people. 15 pages over night wow!

anyone else here getting it on 360? I own an xbone and ps4...my last gen irl friends are holding me back

Be a pioneer my friend

Got more avatars for peeps, if they want to rep GAF, Xbox or PlayStation.
For some reason the black version isn't quite as clean.
I can also do any variation at request.

fO7L95v.png
9nDmLZu.png
nCRvDmz.png

ngiLmq3.png
MxnRuSV.png
VWKXyJ2.png

#TeamSpaceMagicians

destinyjr9okg.png

Awesome work, thanks for this!

So why are the chances that we would bump into server problems? I hope not :[

99%

OK only 2 more sleeps till Destiny! Please ship today Tesco you bastards... -.-

G_Berry

Banned
I noticed some people saying the download was 18 gig but on the Australian store it shows 31 gig?

Is this going to be one of those games where you download more after opening the game? Wasn't the beta like that too?

I noticed some people saying the download was 18 gig but on the Australian store it shows 31 gig?

Is this going to be one of those games where you download more after opening the game? Wasn't the beta like that too?

PS store keeps saying the game takes 40 gigs total, yet in the US at least we were only able to download 18 gigs. And yes there is a client, hopefully they let us download the rest before tuesday though.

robo

God I hate GAME..

they have a monopoly across most of the UK though, not many small independants left in bricks and motar,

grainger games, cex and thats about it.

I do most of mine from GamestopUk now, seem cheap and post fast,

gameseek and simplygames are a bit meh charge postage as well on top.

Shopto started out OK but now are just as bad as game as far as I can see, not cheap anymore.

Amazon, hit and miss with me.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Is anyone else going to eventually level all classes and subclasses? That's what I tend to do. I usually have one main that I do endgame stuff with, but I try to get everything up to max level so I have a better understanding how everyone else plays.

It's going to be really interesting to see how much time that takes. I put 500 hours into Diablo 3 getting all the initial classes up to 60 @_@ (currently doing the same thing in FFXIV.)

Pop

Now, this will probably sound paranoid but, now that I noticed someone else has brought it up, did the preload download and install unusually fast for anyone else? I can't help but feel as if the whole thing didn't download right and the OS merely thinks it did.

The download was like 20GB. If you hover over a game on the dash then press options, information, you'll see the total and when it's completed. However the game is like 40GB, so regardless sounds like we still need to download the other half after we connect to the servers.

I really hope I'm wrong. I already have to wait till 2am to play.

Kane1345

they have a monopoly across most of the UK though, not many small independants left in bricks and motar,

grainger games, cex and thats about it.

I do most of mine from GamestopUk now, seem cheap and post fast,

gameseek and simplygames are a bit meh charge postage as well on top.

Shopto started out OK but now are just as bad as game as far as I can see, not cheap anymore.

Amazon, hit and miss with me.

I do a mixture of Amazon, ShopTo and Tesco

robo

Is anyone else going to eventually level all classes and subclasses? That's what I tend to do. I usually have one main that I do endgame stuff with, but I try to get everything up to max level so I have a better understanding how everyone else plays.

It's going to be really interesting to see how much time that takes. I put 500 hours into Diablo 3 getting all the initial classes up to 60 @_@ (currently doing the same thing in FFXIV.)

there is a trophy for it I believe, or at least max one subclass for each character.

it will keep us busy no doubt, getting everything unlocked.

I will. While Hunter is my main I wouldn't mind using the others. Especially since the raids will have lockouts. When one character is locked out hop on another. Also trophies /achievements for getting each class fully upgraded.

Anyone know which courier tesco direct use? Hope my limited edition pre order arrives tuesday

Apparently my brothers friend orders from there and his pre orders usually turn up on the day of release

Kane1345

500 hours, wow!

I think I will eventually try all of them because I would hate to miss out on a subclass I could potentially end up loving

Seil

Considering leveling seems to be smooth throughout the story, getting to 20 shouldn't be difficult at all. I believe there are 27 skills in a focus, assuming those each equate with a level which they seemed to roughly in the alpha/beta, that shouldn't be that bad either. Getting a full set of legendary+exotic armor for each character is probably another story though.

I'll probably end up maxing all of them, dunno if I'll gear up a titan though because I really couldn't get into them. Bladedancer is what I intend to main as of now.

robo

I do a mixture of Amazon, ShopTo and Tesco

got the eldest sons PS4 version coming from Tesco's, hopefully with the free headset or else he's shot it for talking, broke both his and mine PS4 mono ones.

Thing I don't like about tesco's is they take the money straight away.

not in UK its not, exclusive to game for the physical SE version, only the LE and above have it across the board in UK.

Meh.
Since I moved to the US this year and still using my european account, I'm not really sure I'll be able to use the Vanguard Armory too. I'll redeem the code on my US account, but probably won't appear on my main european account.

Sony, Y U no let us change regions?!?

Not sure if it was posted, but the Target Cartwheel app has Destiny for 10% off. Any console.

For those picking up on launch day in store.

FiraB

Banned
500 hours, wow!
I've done that amount of time on a single disgaea game, it builds up pretty fast after you have been playing a game for awhile. Heck look at veteran LoL or Dota players time played or your average mmorpg player and the numbers are shocking.

Xater

Maybe. It all depends on how much fun I still have with my main. Should my main start to bore me I will start another class I think.

500 hours, God damn that is commitment.

I can only think of one game I have ever put that many hours into. Tribes Aerial Assault for PS2.

Team Fortress 2, Modnation Racers and Halo 2 probably come the next closest for me.

Kane1345

got the eldest sons PS4 version coming from Tesco's, hopefully with the free headset or else he's shot it for talking, broke both his and mine PS4 mono ones.

Thing I don't like about tesco's is they take the money straight away.

True but sometimes they have really low prices. Amazon is my main though, they've never let me down personally

Fighting a losing battle there mate :p

I've done that amount of time on a single disgaea game, it builds up pretty fast after you have been playing a game for awhile. Heck look at veteran LoL or Dota players time played or your average mmorpg player and the numbers are shocking.

I think I'm kinda shocked because its an SP game. I've put in over 700 hours into GW2 farming a legendary and I'm not even going to think about WoW......

Milennia

Hoping to dig in hard on Tuesday and get as raid ready as possible, I'm apart of a top world guild in WoW and am planning on creating a top destiny raid group using said experience on off nights :D

T.O.P

Banned
I'm just waiting to hear on tuesday morning that the servers are holding up well on X1, gotta be sure before taking the afternoon off

Tekku

So how much money do you actually save with the Digital Guardian Edition? Do we know the price of the stand-alone expansions? I'm about to pre-order the game but I'm not convinced on what version I should get yet.

If it will sell millions (probably it will) the gaming industry is gonna see something like "hey, we don't have problems with online only games, so please, make more of them".

Yup. And as someone who will never buy an always online game unless priced at throwaway money, this worries me alot.

Thyralax

Banned

I have to in order to platinum the game lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom