• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
People need to stop worrying about finding 5 extra people to do raids with

Seriously, just go to the GAF spreadsheet, and start adding people

You got me, a defunct Trophy Whore (who has the FFXIV platinum, only took 7.5 FUCKING MONTHS!) to help you out

Seriously this isn't me showboating, I WILL HELP YOU! *unless I'm already tied up helping others, lol, then you have to wait*

I hit up almost every timezone GAF, played with East, Central, West (no Mountain...) zone in US, played very late night and hooked up with Aussie and NZ GAF (wanted those fucker to go DGAF Oceania, but they have distaste for Papa New Guinea)
Strolled with some EU GAFfers and dropped the "cunt" word enough times, that I became their m8

So yeah, for this please you have to be fucking social
You have to talk, you have to speak, you can't coast by saying nothing
This game requires COMMUNICATION!

Fuck even losing a round with DGAF is more goddamn enjoyable
We will lambast each other with funny talk, shoot the shit, talk about GAF while playing (what is going on, threads/personalities, etc.)

Only disclaimer I have is I will be TRUCKING the fuck out of this game when servers go live, I'm talking 40+ hours non-stop
I will be jumping from group to group, hitting up as many GAFfers as possible

I even applied as an Admin, so I can relay any info the staff wants me to, cause I will be hitting up a lot of you

Kane1345

Good morning to you all.

USER_Halo_Legends_1337_Epic_Bro-fist.gif

Morning ;)

robo

well i think the traveler will be
the thing you discover in the vault of glass and its his weapons and armor you get as the reward.

I think the answer is something that was lost during the fall and we as players will have to discover. For instance, the Exo seem like hold overs from the war against the darkness, but according to the Gilmore they were first created during the peak of the Golden age. Why? Guards? Servants? But human labor (Titans) were still used to build the wall and defend the Twilight Gap. And the Awoken. Space Elves, right? No, they were once humans. Why did the change? Who changed them? The Traveler, I guess, but to what end? This is why I think there is far more to the Destiny story than we are being led to believe...

Probably. Bungie always are great at making a great universe and lore.

The sad part is that they are shit storytellers, and I fear Destiny will suffer greatly from their inability to tell the story within the game world, and will reside to telling it mostly via extended universe stuff.

I bet it's another one of those stories where THE GOOD GUY WAS THE BAD GUY ALL ALONG! Traveler space magic swerve incoming.

My guess? The Traveler is not good nor evil, but a "reconfiguration tool." Matter is neither created nor destroied only converted into energy. Maybe in order to build our garden world on mercury it had to destroy the worlds of the fallen or vex? This would not mean we are the bad guys, per say, the darkness are still being ass hats destoying all we built, but could lead to a split in humanity over those who want to restart the golden age and those who want to never use the Traveler again.

Lemnisc8

Hunters are lame

U wot m8

Actually, I find something awesome in each class and can't wait to max out all of them. Only when that is done will I pick a class to "main".

I can understand people have a starting preference but I imagine it's only when you've unlocked and used everything, understood the mechanics strengths and weaknesses that people will truly pick their favourite.

I can see people starting as one class and ending on one of the others for endgame in some cases.

My guess? The Traveler is not good nor evil, but a "reconfiguration tool." Matter is neither created nor destroied only converted into energy. Maybe in order to build our garden world on mercury it had to destroy the worlds of the fallen or vex? This would not mean we are the bad guys, per say, the darkness are still being ass hats destoying all we built, but could lead to a split in humanity over those who want to restart the golden age and those who want to never use the Traveler again.

I like your idea.

Klyka

Banned
"We thought the Traveler was benevolent. We thought he helped us ascend to the heavens so we could fulfill our destiny. But we were wrong. The Traveler isn't unique. It's not one of a kind, it's one of many. They are cultivators, farmers of a sorts. They find promising looking crops and help them grow. We were those crops. And why do you grow crops? There is only one answer: For food. The Traveler helped us multiply so we could feed the Darkness and now once again it's hunger stirs. Death to the Traveler! You are our only hope Guardian!"

"Sorry Guardian, I did not mean to deceive you. It is part of my programming. The purpose I was made for. But you....you have changed me Guardian. I see the light now, the real light. And I know I must help you. I will show you where to go. There is just one place that holds the power to stop all this. The place the wizard came from. That wizard....came from the mooooooon."

This is pretty much how it'll go down,isn't it?

ARQamrG.gif

My GS is doing a midnight launch on Monday. They usually don't do them, so they must have a lot of preorders. I'll be there to get my Ghost.

Vitanimus

So I don't think my order will arrive today but I didn't have massive hopes... hoping I'll get the email from my courier saying that it's in their possession so that a monday delivery is a lock. :(

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Last Post before I go:

I think The Traveler is a Broken Promises Entity. It's always trying to fix the anomaly that has burdened it. It tries it's hardest to be the savior for civilizations of distant solar systems/galaxies. It tries to be the catalyst to push them forward, giving them the leap they so needed to venture out. In return Traveler is treated almost to a Diety level, where it receives certain energies it needs to sustain itself. In a sense Traveler is a virus masking itself as a vaccine. Yes it latches on and blooms/negates a civilizations downfall, but it takes away the purpose. Rather than be helpful from afar nudginglittle by little, it comes and completely shifts balance.
It's almost a tragic curse to be visited by the Traveler, you gain a lot from it source of power, but you give up roots in return, cause you are forced into leaps, rather than hops.

I wouldn't be surprised, Darkness is the end stage of civilizations that have been bestowed "The Light" but taken away, due to the Traveler realizing it's failed again in it's experiment to co-habitat with beings. So said Light dims for civilizations who now have keen dependency for it and a brooding Darkness grows were Light once shined, with it comes the chase of destroying it, before another civilization falls under it spell and gets cast into the magic that the Traveler bestows. A chase to Destroy a Destroyer.

Traveler isn't evil/good, it's just trying to be the center staff of the pendulum. Problem is a pendulum sways back and forth, Traveler for all it's reasons, tries to always push forward, making the past irrelevant, in turn civilizations lose their way, and when the Traveler sees, not enough force to move forward, it leaves looking for a new civilization which will follow it's creed, the Pendulum sways a little back, but the civilization of the present doesn't know of it's past or it's future, it's just left holding the bag.

So others like them form up and let the Darkness fester, the hate for leaving them in the shadows, the Light that gave them a purpose, extinguished away. All turned into beings of Hate, with them losing their identities, forcing themselves to match other Darkened civilizations in scope, they form Houses to signify which part of the universe they come from. Their revenge is to steal the Light, bask in it's glow once again and try reset the wrongdoings that have Tormented them, "Once a Miracle now a Curse, to be undone is to be Whole Again".

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
Still unsure on whether I should buy the digital version or disc. Or wait until the reviews hit, whenever that's gonna be.

And the thing about the digital version is that it's more expensive than buying a physical copy here, which is just ridiculous.

NAPK1NS

Hey, still looking to fill out my friends list. I want to feel like I can raid anytime! I'll likely get the Gold headset so I'll be chatty and crystal. Add me!

PSN: MiserySiren

SnakeEyes

Banned
it's 11:15pm now on Sunday night. By 9am tomorrow I'll know if today will be a good day (my Ghost Edition arrives) or a bad day (it arrives on Tuesday morning...)

So how deep is the lore in Destiny? Is there a big focus on story missions and an encyclopedia...can you get lost in it, or is it just window dressing?

Quick question, I have not really been following any destiny news but if I preorder the digital copy on ps4, will I be able to play it at midnight eastern time?

Jafo_

Last Post before I go:

I think The Traveler is a Broken Promises Entity. It's always trying to fix the anomaly that has burdened it. It tries it's hardest to be the savior for civilizations of distant solar systems/galaxies. It tries to be the catalyst to push them forward, giving them the leap they so needed to venture out. In return Traveler is treated almost to a Diety level, where it receives certain energies it needs to sustain itself. In a sense Traveler is a virus masking itself as a vaccine. Yes it latches on and blooms/negates a civilizations downfall, but it takes away the purpose. Rather than be helpful from afar nudginglittle by little, it comes and completely shifts balance.
It's almost a tragic curse to be visited by the Traveler, you gain a lot from it source of power, but you give up roots in return, cause you are forced into leaps, rather than hops.

I wouldn't be surprised, Darkness is the end stage of civilizations that have been bestowed "The Light" but taken away, due to the Traveler realizing it's failed again in it's experiment to co-habitat with beings. So said Light dims for civilizations who now have keen dependency for it and a brooding Darkness grows were Light once shined, with it comes the chase of destroying it, before another civilization falls under it spell and gets cast into the magic that the Traveler bestows. A chase to Destroy a Destroyer.

Traveler isn't evil/good, it's just trying to be the center staff of the pendulum. Problem is a pendulum sways back and forth, Traveler for all it's reasons, tries to always push forward, making the past irrelevant, in turn civilizations lose their way, and when the Traveler sees, not enough force to move forward, it leaves looking for a new civilization which will follow it's creed, the Pendulum sways a little back, but the civilization of the present doesn't know of it's past or it's future, it's just left holding the bag.

So others like them form up and let the Darkness fester, the hate for leaving them in the shadows, the Light that gave them a purpose, extinguished away. All turned into beings of Hate, with them losing their identities, forcing themselves to match other Darkened civilizations in scope, they form Houses to signify which part of the universe they come from. Their revenge is to steal the Light, bask in it's glow once again and try reset the wrongdoings that have Tormented them, "Once a Miracle now a Curse, to be undone is to be Whole Again".

That, that is actually logical, please take it with you, we not need logic here
heh, I kid,

Cømet

Banned
Still fighting a mental battle over cancelling my physical PO with Tesco and buying the US guardian edition that I can't sensibly splurge on, and waiting patiently for said physical copy.

Someone give me twenty quid :p

Grewitch

anyone else here getting it on 360? I own an xbone and ps4...my last gen irl friends are holding me back

They're an anchor, you'll drown in the depths of last gen hell. It's time to cut them loose, everyone has to come to next gen on their own. Run free, Matrixman92, and let them join you in the light of the moon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom