• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitanimus

I don't understand it either and I've put the ''Priority'' delivery option.

Oh well, I'll live. I'm better off playing the game on the weekend.

On the bright side, you
probably
won't have to deal with the inevitable downtime and emergency maintenance.

Marvel

could never
Every day is just a loop until I get Destiny in my hands.

ibyLEXnIDMC6LT.gif

Gazkapop

Trying not to get too excited about Amazon dispatching my copy earlier than I expected yesterday.

It's not working. Hypeeeeeeee!!!

Grewitch

The ridiculous amount of money that I have invested in Destiny means I won't be getting any new games for long while. Wife says.

She says that now. Don't bring up games for a while, treat her well, let some time pass, buy her some surprise presents and then a week or so later gently bring up a game you want.

It might work.

Grewitch

It's fine for some free swag, but I think the only Destiny shirt I'd rock in public would simply have one of the guardian class logos.

fig,grass_green,mens,ffffff.u1.jpg

Something like this, but in a different color.

I'm aware of the ones on the Bungie store, but their logos are alternates and just look... not as clean to me.

Oh no, I like that colour. If that was real and I had the cash, I'd buy that in a second.

Idk how bungie forgot that top tier PvP multiplayer was the reason their games are so popular. I'm so disappointed that its an afterthought in this game. Just so numbers can pop off enemies? Why?

airjoca

Skipped the last 50 pages because I can't keep up with you guys.

Did I miss the live action trailer remixed with a Guardians of the Galaxy song or what?

:)

Idk how bungie forgot that top tier PvP multiplayer was the reason their games are so popular. I'm so disappointed that its an afterthought in this game. Just so numbers can pop off enemies? Why?

I enjoy PvP more than the PvE and I don't think it's an afterthought at all. If anything, going off of the beta missions, they seem to have spent more time on the multiplayer than the single player.

Not sure is new information or not, but Sony Korea has a list of the Vanguard Armory weapons and armor. Looks like one of each weapon and one helmet per class.

List (spoilered for your consideration^^):

초회한정 보너스 "Vanguard Armory" 구성
- Peccadillo’s Grace – Hand Cannon
- BTRD-345 – Machine Gun
- Trifecta S.2 – Pulse Rifle
- Harbinger – Rocket Launcher
- Singularity S.3 – Scout Rifle
- SG-Scattercast – Shotgun
- 13098V Incognito – Sniper Rifle
- Carte Blanche S.1 – Auto Rifle
- SK5 Type-Null – Fusion Rifle
- Agema White – Titan Helmet
- Stratus White – Hunter Helmet
- Chroma White – Warlock Helmet
Source: http://www.scek.co.kr/news/42386

Tovarisc

Care to elaborate why you think PvP blows?

If we ignore the fact that 50% of maps in Beta were pure tosh and in need of redesign I think PvP was good fun.

Karl Hawk

Banned

Says the guy who thinks Destiny is gonna have a DLC after a month. /sarcasm.

Seriously though, I enjoyed the PvP, and should I have the mood for it, I'll play it everyday. While some people gave up their hope on PvE being any good, I still think it's gonna be satisfying

jeffc919

Admittedly, I didn't play a ton of Halo (and nothing before Reach and Halo 4 since I only had a PS3 early last gen), but coming from playing 1000's of hours of BF and COD, the Destiny PvP in the alpha/beta was the most fun I've had playing a game in a long time...and that was just a couple maps with one game type (that I don't usually even like). I suppose part of it was that the game just plain worked. I wasn't seeing non-stop BS kills, broken netcode, etc. The kill times felt right to me....somewhere between COD and Halo. I don't know...maybe the recent CODs and BF4 were just so broken that Destiny PvP seemed even better that it really was to me. I'm really looking forward to playing the hell out of Destiny PvP.

They told me they're shipping it tomorrow Monday and should be delivered between Wednesday and Friday.

Sucks it won't be delivered on Tuesday. =(

I'm probably getting mine on Friday. Amazon.de apparently doesn't do priority/day 1 shipping to neighboring countries. :(

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So I got screwed by Digital Thrice now

1. Game unlocks @3AM (OK, but now news that servers are up by 7AM EST on 9/8 and early retail copies in the wild get an advantage =/, almost an 18 hour head start)

2. PS3 to PS4 upgrade (COME THE FUCK ON!, announce it 3 days before launch...)

3. Ghost Editions back @ amazon

FML!

Never Pre-ordering Digital till like 5 minutes before it releases, I swear on me mum

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
I hope this 3am EST unlock isn't a trend in the future. I really don't want to go to gamestop with the masses
Funny. I never thought of it like that. To me it means I don't have to wait for UPS or hit a store on the way home. For you midnight launch people though it actually sucks.

Holy shit. I NEED to do this. Both ps4 controller joysticks are falling apart to the point that they feel like off-brand player 2 embarrassment controllers.

TEACH ME THE WAY

Agree i got a spare DS4 which currently always aims down.....i can use that to practice lol.

Im so excited for destiny i keep checking amazon every 5 minutes

H1PSTER

Just had Sony cancel my digital guardian edition...

It's awkward because I had £84 on my account so I figured they'd just take £1 from my bank.
They tried to take £5, I get paid the day it's released so couldn't keep £5 in my "game" bank account so added the £5 via PayPal

Crisis avoided...

The_Monk

Almost 200 pages and I haven't even posted in here with my good fellow GAFfers, for shame (lack of free time, I'm sorry my good people)! First of all, amazing OT, well done.

I played the Alpha and the Beta and not too long after I decided to make my pre-order for me and a family member (I had to go with the normal edition instead of the Limited/Collector's for budget reasons). Now, as many others in here I play the waiting game. It's good to see a hyped thread but most important it's great to see many people having fun, posting positive thoughts and wishes. This fine community works so much better when we all have some fun together, don't you all agree?

I hope everyone can have great fun with this game no matter the platform of choice, it's all about the fun. Like many others, I wish I could have more time to play, or even to post since as many of you know I do love some good old hype threads! Either way the wait is almost over for many of us and I can't wait to check every now and then to read some impressions. I'm also going to take a look at some of that free swag or merchandising some people may get from pre-orders, since, in here I got no such luck which is a shame since I love those things! Hope you all have great fun, my good people! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom