• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted? A visit to Bungie HQ
More here: http://imgur.com/a/GV4RP

V5t1ejt.jpg

SkpQ6K7.jpg

CuDgsiG.jpg

x1HvzFv.jpg

Almost 200 pages and I haven't even posted in here with my good fellow GAFfers, for shame (lack of free time, I'm sorry my good people)! First of all, amazing OT, well done.

I played the Alpha and the Beta and not too long after I decided to make my pre-order for me and a family member (I had to go with the normal edition instead of the Limited/Collector's for budget reasons). Now, as many others in here I play the waiting game. It's good to see a hyped thread but most important it's great to see many people having fun, posting positive thoughts and wishes. This fine community works so much better when we all have some fun together, don't you all agree?

I hope everyone can have great fun with this game no matter the platform of choice, it's all about the fun. Like many others, I wish I could have more time to play, or even to post since as many of you know I do love some good old hype threads! Either way the wait is almost over for many of us and I can't wait to check every now and then to read some impressions. I'm also going to take a look at some of that free swag or merchandising some people may get from pre-orders, since, in here I got no such luck which is a shame since I love those things! Hope you all have great fun, my good people! ;)

Oh, you're getting Destiny? Sweet! You on PS4 or Xbone?

Xbox One players, add me: BlueNinja BE.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Almost 200 pages and I haven't even posted in here with my good fellow GAFfers, for shame (lack of free time, I'm sorry my good people)! First of all, amazing OT, well done.

I played the Alpha and the Beta and not too long after I decided to make my pre-order for me and a family member (I had to go with the normal edition instead of the Limited/Collector's for budget reasons). Now, as many others in here I play the waiting game. It's good to see a hyped thread but most important it's great to see many people having fun, posting positive thoughts and wishes. This fine community works so much better when we all have some fun together, don't you all agree?

I hope everyone can have great fun with this game no matter the platform of choice, it's all about the fun. Like many others, I wish I could have more time to play, or even to post since as many of you know I do love some good old hype threads! Either way the wait is almost over for many of us and I can't wait to check every now and then to read some impressions. I'm also going to take a look at some of that free swag or merchandising some people may get from pre-orders, since, in here I got no such luck which is a shame since I love those things! Hope you all have great fun, my good people! ;)

Stop being so GODDAMN Positive!

Don't you know this is NeoGAF!

GraveRobberX

HAHA poor Titan's even Bungie thinks you belong in the back, the posters they have up

Warlocks >> Hunters >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Titans

Go smash the floor to feel better!

Kane1345

Good to see you in here Monk. Always enjoy your positive posts :)

Tovarisc

Some interesting stuff here. Hopefully the choice of weapons spreads out a bit. Thats a big number using ARs.

I expect AR numbers to drop once people get into the Live and see how rebalancing has affected AR's. After all, Bungie said they nerfed AR's so I don't think they will be as popular as they were in Beta.

Anton668

so, just checking back in and to point out...
ZPUqxjW.png

:(

also, if anyone wants to add me on PS4 - Anton_lavaire
mind you, im working midnights so I have no fuckin clue what time of day i'll be playing and my skills... I am exceptionally average!
If you do send a invite, make sure to put gaf in there

Kane1345

I expect AR numbers to drop once people get into the Live and see how rebalancing has affected AR's. After all, Bungie said they nerfed AR's so I don't think they will be as popular as they were in Beta.

I hope that scout rifles and hand cannons are more viable.

Totally agree. And thats what im hoping. I like seeing variety in games like these. I know this is not an MMO in the traditional sense, but for convo sake i hated when i used to play WoW many moons ago how every class would have the same, or go for the same gear. I wanna see some uniqueness :)

robo

so the plot thickens with my delivery's :(

Youngest son from game SE version, shipped, should be here with postie tomorrow or Tuesday. No probs for him as can fit in letterbox

Eldest Son SE version from tesco, hopefully with the free headphones, still not dispatched, so likely to be tuesday with postie, not a biggie as some one in the house all day as headphones wont fit through letterbox.

My LE from gamestop, shipped so should be here tomorrow with parcel farce probably, not the normal postie, so I am away at 5am to go to work, mrs is away at 6:30am to go to work, youngest is away at 7:50am to go to school, eldest is away at 9am to go to job seekers interview, he won't be back until 11am ish.

So whats the betting my delivery comes between 9-11 monday morning?? It won't fit through the letter box, that means they take it back to the depot (not far but closes at 3:30pm, I wont be home until 8pm, maybe not home at all if I have to stay over, which means I can't pick it up on Tuesday either, so it may be Wednesday, Thursday or Friday, depending on where work want me to be.

Gonna be a sad panda if I don't get to play until friday

I too keep checking if my order has been sent yet or not LOL. Deep inside I know amazon will only send it either tonight, or tmrw in the morning... But still. I keep on hoping that the F5 on my keyboard and the refresh button on my phone both have space magic capabilities and make the process go faster. So far I've been seeing no results :(

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I too keep checking if my order has been sent yet or not LOL. Deep inside I know amazon will only send it either tonight, or tmrw in the morning... But still. I keep on hoping that the F5 on my keyboard and the refresh button on my phone both have space magic capabilities and make the process go faster. So far I've been seeing no results :(
Haha. I keep checking my inbox for a store pickup email. They are usually sent out the day before, but I'm not sure if the midnight release would change that.

Deku Tree

I'm just picking up the vanilla version after work on Tues at gamestop. Not sure if I should switch to the digital guardian edition on PSN...

This plus new iPhones on Tuesday is gonna be crazy...

I hope we see some more variety in the the weapons people use in PVP because seeing AR's all the time got kind of boring.

At least I'm gonna be busy until then. Work all day today, lectures tmrw and Tuesday until 1:30. If I'm lucky, my copy will be waiting for me by the time I get home from uni around 3. Or else, I'll have to play the waiting game until the mail man shows up. Wednesday I have no work or school, so I can just game away. It's going to be glorious.

The_Monk

Oh, you're getting Destiny? Sweet! You on PS4 or Xbone?

Xbox One players, add me: BlueNinja BE.

I went with the PS4 version my good man. The Xbox One was just released on this past Friday and you can read my impressions from the Launch regarding the visibility the console had during its launch as well the less positive side from the business perspective which is truly a shame. :( I can't express how much I really miss FORZA and FORZAGAF but at this point I just don't know when I'll be able to afford a Xbox One. Times are quite harsh in here and my FORZA needs grow each day...!

Nice to see you, Monk!

It really is, and this thread shows it. Fantastic community we have here.

Nice to see you too, I agree. This is a great place to be.

Stop being so GODDAMN Positive!

Don't you know this is NeoGAF!

Ah, my good man GraveRobberX, where did you avatar/beard go? I hope you are keeping those platinum trophies coming. ;)

Good to see you in here Monk. Always enjoy your positive posts :)

Thank you fellow GAFfer, it's a pleasure to be here for quite some time and see how strong the community can be when we all have some fun.

H1PSTER

Have faith it will arrive!

I've also added you on PSN, finally!

I went with the PS4 version my good man. The Xbox One was just released on this past Friday and you can read my impressions from the Launch regarding the visibility the console had during its launch as well the less positive side from the business perspective which is truly a shame. :( I can't express how much I really miss FORZA and FORZAGAF but at this point I just don't know when I'll be able to afford a Xbox One. Times are quite harsh in here and my FORZA needs grow each day...!

I understand man, if it weren't for the Master Chief collection I probably would've gone with a PS4 as well eventually. I'm not even sure the console has officially launched here, I just got one imported from Germany.

We've still got Steam if we want to play together. ;)

GraveRobberX

Ah, my good man GraveRobberX, where did you avatar/beard go? I hope you are keeping those platinum trophies coming. ;)

Giving love to Destiny
Gonna hang out with my boys the Cabal on Mars for the foreseeable future

Show them love by sending out bullet hugs!

(Also had health issues, so beard/avatar went by the way side, this Samsom's beard needed to reboot!)

C.Dark.DN

Banned

ZaneZavin

Neo Member
"Expected Delivery Day: Monday, September 8, 2014"

Oh please let this be right. I still have to work until about 8PM, but it would be sweet if this was waiting for me at home.

GraveRobberX

FTFY

No need to thank me!

Come September 9th and onwards, we Destiny GAF will see many Titans...

FALL!

So the meme "Have you seen Titanfall?" will get a whole new meaning

=D

Titan.... FALL!
VeJSJK6.gif

Marvel won't understand, let me speak to him in his Squid Language
*Squish Squish, Blot, Blot, Squish, Spliskish*
qbLAJeI.gif

Respect

Morning fellow guardians....2 days now. NFL today should make the day go by quick for me, tomorrow and Tuesday (at work) will be rough though. So close!

H1PSTER

Gotcha, I accepted your request. See you star side friend, glad that you decided to join us after all. Hopefully between this and FIFA you won't be disappointed!

I could always let my girlfriend buy me FIFA for Christmas, she doesn't like FIFA but seems to be excited to watch Destiny.

I could always let my girlfriend buy me FIFA for Christmas, she doesn't like FIFA but seems to be excited to watch Destiny.

And also when you think about it, FIFA is you know... FIFA lol. You still have (I assume) the previous one, so if you ever feel the need to play it until then, you can just pull that one out.

Stupid Question Time!: If I just opted for a Digital PS3 version now, upon purchase, will the upgrade deal immediately kick in, allowing me access to the PS4 version as well to preload or will I only be able to play on PS3 for a short time period and be better off just sticking with my physical PS4 copy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom