• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuphead

Banned
Can you make me one with my avatar, Destiny logo as blood splattered!

< Like right by his thigh area, just bloody dripping Destiny logo!

DBlood.png
dblood2.png
dblood3.png
dblood4.png

Stupid Question Time!: If I just opted for a Digital PS3 version now, upon purchase, will the upgrade deal immediately kick in, allowing me access to the PS4 version as well to preload or will I only be able to play on PS3 for a short time period and be better off just sticking with my physical PS4 copy?

Heh not a stupid question.

Unfortunately if you buy the ps3 version you won't be able to preload the game on the ps4. The ps4 version will be unlocked on 9/9.
Once you do get the ps4 version you will be able to freely alternate between both previous gen and current gen versions.

Kane1345

Stupid Question Time!: If I just opted for a Digital PS3 version now, upon purchase, will the upgrade deal immediately kick in, allowing me access to the PS4 version as well to preload or will I only be able to play on PS3 for a short time period and be better off just sticking with my physical PS4 copy?

Apparently that deal kicks in for PS4 after launch. Can anyone confirm or correct that?

EDIT: ty Dhruv

X-Frame

I hope we see some more variety in the the weapons people use in PVP because seeing AR's all the time got kind of boring.

I want to see how they improved Pulse rifles. They were horrible in my opinion; worse in every way compared to auto rifles. They should have more stability and be more accurate, but it was the opposite. Very strange.

Tovarisc

I have read few reports in this OT that they went for upgrade deal, but can't yet get their hands on PS 4 version. This more than likely means that you need to wait little bit after release for deal to kick in, after game is paid for etc.

Edit: beaten big time

I want to see how they improved Pulse rifles. They were horrible in my opinion; worse in every way compared to auto rifles. They should have more stability and be more accurate, but it was the opposite. Very strange.

Yes. I like the idea of pulse rifles and tired to use to in pvp but it was just not viable.
Hopefully they're buffed once the game is out.

H1PSTER

And also when you think about it, FIFA is you know... FIFA lol. You still have (I assume) the previous one, so if you ever feel the need to play it until then, you can just pull that one out.

I actually sold it after I got all the trophies for it, I wanted to put the money towards another controller.

But I see your point!

I actually sold it after I got all the trophies for it, I wanted to put the money towards another controller.

But I see your point!

I think Destiny won't even let you think of it since you are going to be so busy and engaged getting new loot and kicking ass in PvE and PvP :p

ocean

Banned
It's a shame PSN pre orders are non refundable. I'd totally cancel and get it on PS3 so my little bro can use that while I play on PS4.

I have finally decided what my main will be: a male Awoken Titan. Sub: female human Hunter (dancer of course). I cannot wait for this to drop.

I know PvP will be a mess with servers collapsing but do you think PvE has a chance at being stable? I'd hate to be kicked to orbit in the middle of a mission :/

Silk04

GS sent text saying ghost edition will b there at 1201 midnight. Im just installing then going to sleep. Play tues morning

It's a shame PSN pre orders are non refundable. I'd totally cancel and get it on PS3 so my little bro can use that while I play on PS4.

I have finally decided what my main will be: a male Awoken Titan. Sub: female human Hunter (dancer of course). I cannot wait for this to drop.

I know PvP will be a mess with servers collapsing but do you think PvE has a chance at being stable? I'd hate to be kicked to orbit in the middle of a mission :/

Did it even make a difference in the beta? IIRC when it was down nothing worked

X-Frame

I just want to say that I can't wait to party up with DGAF in everything from PvP to exploring but especially the Vault of Glass. I have an almost unhealthy anticipation to tackle that with 5 others, it's going to be so much fun!

Lol. Pre ordered in July, ghost edition from amazon coming Thursday. Wtf amazon?

Are you a Prime member? Did you change payment method or delivery address? If you change anything it'll screw up the order like that. Contact them (quickly since they're starting to prepare these to ship) and see if they'll fix it to release day delivery.

Are you a Prime member? Did you change payment method or delivery address? If you change anything it'll screw up the order like that. Contact them and see if they'll fix it to release day delivery.

I added a $50 gift card yesterday. It hadn't charged yet so I figured it didn't matter.

Just traded in a few games at GameStop and picked up an amazon gift card.

Oh well fuck it.

long shot here, but I'll ask anyways.

Does anyone know what the MS store is giving away or doing on launch night? They say on their site the first 100 people get "swag bags" but it would be nice to know what's in the bags.

I added a $50 gift card yesterday. It hadn't charged yet so I figured it didn't matter.

Yeah it sucks but that's why. Contact them asap via chat. I had to do the same because of adding gift card money to it and they fixed it. Just remember not to do it anymore since it screws up the order for whatever reason.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah it sucks but that's why. Contact them asap via chat. I had to do the same because of adding gift card money to it and they fixed it. Just remember not to do it anymore since it screws up the order for whatever reason.

Happened with my PS4 order. Something about changing the payment pushes the order back as if it was made just now. Shouldn't be a problem getting it on launch.

Vooduu

Oh well fuck it.

Sorry to hear that. Just bitch to support, they'll give you a ton of credit. This exact thing happened to me with my PS4. I ended up getting it days after others even though I preordered the day it was announced and was behind people who preordered days before release.

Amazon for some reason, sometimes allocates newer orders first.

sun-drop

And so today I learned that work is flying me to another city for the day and a stay over,destiny launch day.

And i almost cried

Then I remembered I brought the digital version.....and I owned a vita....

#win

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Broncos don't play till Sunday night

Oh well I'll watch the Jets play the Raiders and see how much of a disaster that game will be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom