• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lasty95

Would someone please explain to me how to set up (platform specific) clans within a single Bungie.net group?

I'm struggling.

:(

Marvel

could never

in3JDbZznqukf.gif

iEx8s6CtxOrwh.gif

Is anyone else still surprised how well the last generation versions hold up? Visually it isn't the best but it certainly is impressive that Bungie could squeeze in all of this content, at a solid framerate, while still having good looking visuals on hardware so old.

Last gen players aren't getting a bad deal this time around.

Mindwipe

Soooo... London GAF, do any of the Game stores in Centralish London have any white PS4 Destiny packs available for pre-order? Are any of them going to get more than they've set for pre-orders on the day?

And yes, I know this is my own damned fault.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
my money is the traveler being a sort of "matrioshka brain", but without the dyson sphere component (its not really big enough to house a star). i think its true intentions arent what they appear, but hopefully its not as simple as it being the bad guy. i like to think that the benefits it bestows to nearby civilizations is just a consequence of what it is and doesnt really serve a direct purpose as it travels the galaxy (universe?). the darkness (vex, cabal, fallen, etc) are just past civilizations "blessed" by its arrival, but confused by its absence. they've discovered its location and each are scrambling to regain its favor. i also expect the travel to leave us as well at some point in the story arc.

Lima

Is anyone else still surprised how well the last generation versions hold up? Visually it isn't the best but it certainly is impressive that Bungie could squeeze in all of this content, at a solid framerate, while still having good looking visuals on hardware so old.

No it looks horrible. Especially on PS3. Dat Vaseline all over the screen.

Love to be the sysadmin or whoever's job it is at Bungie to hit the old:

Code:
$ sudo service destiny start

Surely they'd wire up a missile switch though.

No it looks horrible. Especially on PS3. Dat Vaseline all over the screen.

It certainly isn't anything like the next generation version and I know that we've been known for hyperbole but it really isn't "horrible." For the amount of content in the game, it's damn impressive.

Klyka

Banned
I haven't actually seen any screens or footage of last gen Destiny... I should check it out.

I have watched videos and I am seriously thinking of buying a PS4 just so I don't have to play wth those graphics. And I have zero interest in a PS4.

Err, no it's not. When has JB ever done digital downloads?

Your online pre-order will leave our Melbourne warehouse via Australia Post one business day prior to the official release date.

Hmm, maybe that's my best bet then.

** Add to cart **

Pre-orders placed up to 7 days prior to the official release date are (unless otherwise advised) guaranteed to be despatched from our warehouse no later than one day prior to the official release date. Pre-orders placed within 7 days prior to the official release date may not be despatched until after the official release date. Allow 5 working days for deliveryvia Australia Post.

giphy.gif

Marvel

could never
Those of you who are checking your Amazon pre-orders don't forget to check your email. For a lot of us (including me) it still says pre-ordered on the orders section but they will tell you by email if it's shipped.

Go look ;] gl

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I wonder how the sequels will progress

I think Destiny 2 will be fully a PS4/X1 title only

I'm guessing there has to be something that lingers in the shadow of the Darkness
Almost like this is just the first wave that just has lingered on for too long

I hope we get to visit the destroyed Planets of The Fallen
See how the Cabal were before and how their solar system is ruined

Guessing Destiny > Expansion (tack on planet/zones)
Comet (2015) > Into the Darkness we go, reach the last remnants of our flourishing of the planets/moon
Destiny 2 > Find out some of our Golden Age people did travel further than first thought, new race, new lore to show the first 3 layers of the darkness
Comet (2017) > Expand on it, sneak peek at what lies in Destiny 3
Destiny 3 > Antagonists revealed, power play for old content (think Cataclysm from WoW)
Comet (2019) > Penultimate content
Destiny 4 > Final War

Anton668

Those of you who are checking your Amazon pre-orders don't forget to check your email. For a lot of us (including me) it still says pre-ordered on the orders section but they will tell you by email if it's shipped.

Go look ;] gl

and im checking my bank to see if ive been charged yet.

i need to stop.

fuck it, ima go sleep to kill some time.......

Klyka

Banned
Yeah I'm watching now, it doesn't look as disgusting as I thought it would...

when you watch the gamespot comparison and you see the wiper just delete all the details and the sharpness when it switches from PS4 to PS3, you will get tears in your eyes

Boke1879

Yea, I'm seeing a lot of first batch Ghost orders getting delayed to Thursday.

That would honestly REALLY suck. Seeing as I took a couple of days off from work for this and also ordered this as soon as it was announced. If that's the case I'll honestly just cancel and go pick up a regular copy of the game.

Heh It'll save me money at least.

Marvel

could never
when you watch the gamespot comparison and you see the wiper just delete all the details and the sharpness when it switches from PS4 to PS3, you will get tears in your eyes

lol, I'll watch that also.

and im checking my bank to see if ive been charged yet.

i need to stop.

fuck it, ima go sleep to kill some time.......

Be brave, Guardian :p fingers crossed for you.

Deku Tree

I think that says more about how much worse the X1 and PS4 versions look in comparison to first party PS4 output than it does to how well the last gen versions look.

Tovarisc

Guys, servers don't go up 'til Monday and after that, it's just a couple more hours 'til Midnight.

Monday 8th @ 5 AM PDT / 2 PM CEST for hard copies, it's quite big head start all things considered.

And I can't play before afternoon of 9th because I have school at morning and need get my copy from GS, me sad :(

Vooduu

That would honestly REALLY suck. Seeing as I took a couple of days off from work for this and also ordered this as soon as it was announced. If that's the case I'll honestly just cancel and go pick up a regular copy of the game.

Heh It'll save me money at least.

Just don't mess with your order in anyway if it still says the 9th. People are constantly adding gift card balances and fucking with shipping so quite naturally this would happen. Wish for the best! I know the feeling of getting screwed by Amazon.

Vooduu

Monday 8th @ 5 AM PDT / 2 PM CEST for hard copies, it's quite big head start all things considered.

And I can't play before afternoon of 9th because I have school at morning and need get my copy from GS, me sad :(

Enjoy it. I'm in the office for an internship and I'm probably going to put in more hours in the next few days so I can leave early on Friday and play the game. You guys will probably be leveled up and geared out :(

I found this user review on Tesco's website. This might help you decide if you're getting it or not.

Game look good

I look game on Internet and game look good. Like very nice evening with lots of guns in space. Hope game will be good so can not give 5 star Game this good deserve all 4 star. Me not give Internet to you but get very good game. Thank you

Game Play Quality: Need more space to fly but gun is good

Preferred game system: Ps4

✔ Yes,I recommend this product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom