• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

darthbob

i made another dum gif

AcidicRigidCaribou.gif

kiri

Got my copy preordered in Yodobashi Akiba yesterday. Looking forward to the release on the 11th!

Wondering how easy it will be for me to make a trustworthy fireteam out here in Japan.

pedr0theli0n

Neo Member
how are the hype levels in here? Its feeling moderate to strong to me. The beta was OK, wasn't sold on the feel of multiplayer tbh, but I'm excited to dive into next-gen with this game (PS4).

Honestly, I'd like to point out SWTOR's initial offering of space combat, which was a fairly boring on-rails mode that didn't live up to expectations as a great reason why Bungie shouldn't even consider Space Combat unless they have a really clear vision of how to build it and an engine that's capable of delivering it in a fun way.

I get that people want it but I'd rather they focus on improving and adding more content that they already do well instead of devoting resources to adding a game mode that could realistically not end up being much fun for the sake of having added it.

Halo Reach though. The execution is already there. I think the first order of business for the next title, which will be developed without the anchor of last gen holding it down, is creating a totally seamless experience where "Go to Orbit" is no longer simply a menu but an actual part of the game, and planet hopping isn't just through loading screens but an actual journey. It would help with scale and atmosphere so much.

RiverKwai

Got my copy preordered in Yodobashi Akiba yesterday. Looking forward to the release on the 11th!

Wondering how easy it will be for me to make a trustworthy fireteam out here in Japan.

If I was still living there, I'd totally play with you.

Last time I was in Akiba, I got hit by a delivery van in a back alley. Watch out for them mirrors!

I would probably be down for playing with some people in Japan on the weekends. It's only a 16 hour time difference. :)

malfcn

Newsweek of all things published a special Destiny issue. It covers lore, classes, locations etc. It's pretty slick and a nice primer to the game. Most places that carry magazines have had it around here.

Reminder to all: No scans.
How much does a mag of Newsweek normally go for?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Damn page 10, dinner and shopping with family took for fucking ever

Hooray to my new home for the next eon or so

Enjoyed Outback Steakhouse for the first time

Sorry about that .gif that got GhaleonEB to go lockedy-lock on withdrawal thread!

*APOLOGIES PLEASE!*

What's this GoogleMaps promote about? Guise???

I've been drunk off my ass in New Orleans for Southern Decadence for five days. Forgive me! I missed shit!

greyskull

As someone who hasn't had a group of people to play games with in many years, I am damn excited to be a part of DestinyGAF. Seriously ecstatic. Hugs all around.

GraveRobberX

Getting the silent treatment I see

Well #TeamBathRobe Ready for Duty!

"42" "42" "42" "42"
6 days to go
Now I wait!
pdu2aVU.jpg

Jimrpg

Hello newb question here. Is there any point in me playing if I'm not good at FPS? I've only beat Halo and Halo 2, and I got to level 7 in halo 2 multi before it got too hard and frustrating to play. The whole shared world sounds cool tho and I think id be able to play the storyline by myself ok, I just don't know how much id miss out on if I don't play multi as much.

GraveRobberX

Hello newb question here. Is there any point in me playing if I'm not good at FPS? I've only beat Halo and Halo 2, and I got to level 7 in halo 2 multi before it got too hard and frustrating to play. The whole shared world sounds cool tho and I think id be able to play the storyline by myself ok, I just don't know how much id miss out on if I don't play multi as much.

Playing SP and Co-Op will make you a better MP player trust me

Also there is so much stuff on the SP side, MP will feel like a fraction
Also if you roll 6 man DGAF (Don't Give a Fuck!") Fireteams, we annihilate the other side

Just doing Strikes will push your shooting skills, cause target practice is what this game requires for you to be a Beast at MP
(Not joking, for people weary of MP, even if skills are low, SP does help progress your skill cause enemies are your dummies + target practice, learn your guns, choose your playstyle, go play MP)

RexNovis

Banned

I'm also in Japan. Was rolling with AusDestinyGAF during the beta. Had a blast. Great group of dudes. Feel free to PM me for my PSN if you wanna team up.

Sweet just got hype for this! Got sum peepz and we're all goin' in fresh, no beta no nada!

Was kinda flying blind on info but was certain I was going to grab it so it's good to read up on some details and modes especially end game stuff like Raids etc.

Nice OT.

Sirim

Destiny is the start of a 10 year adventure. I sucked at FPS games when I started Halo 1 way back when.

Now is the best time for you to start playing, my friend. Also, don't worry about multiplayer PVP. It's like the smallest part of the game.

Oscar

How many of you are getting Destiny for X1?
In the post beta OT someone linked a google docs with a survey/stats.

As of like 12pm earlier today, it was like 160 XB1 players and 500+ PS4 players.

I'm going XB1 myself, already have it preloaded. Cancelled my LE PS4 copy from amazon.

Question about lore: how is there not any documents of what happened during the Golden Age? Did it all happen over night? How did they not know they were being attacked. Did people just die?

/confused
This is grimore card of what I assume and others as well. Is the first contact with the Darkness. Put in spoilers for those that haven't seen it yet.
Ghost Fragment: Darkness:

V113NNI070XMX001 SECRET HADAL INSTANT AI-COM/RSPN: SOLSECCENT//SxISR//DEEPSPACE CONTACT CONTACT CONTACT TRANSIENT. NULLSOURCE. NULLTYPE. This is a SKYSHOCK ALERT. Multiple distributed ISR assets report a TRANSIENT NEAR EXTRASOLAR EVENT. Event duration ZERO POINT THREE SECONDS. Event footprint includes sterile neutrino scattering and gravity waves. Omnibus analysis detects deep structure information content (nine sigma) and internal teleonomy. No hypothesis on event mechanism (FLAG ACAUSAL). Bootstrap simulation suggests event is DIRECTED and INIMICABLE (convergent q-Bayes/Monte Carlo probability approaches 1). No hypothesis on deep structure encoding (TCC/NP-HARD). Source blueshift suggests IMMINENT SOLAR ENTRY. Promote event to SKYSHOCK: OCP: EXTINCTION. Activate VOLUSPA. Activate YUGA. Cauterize public sources to SECURE ISIS and harden for defensive action. I am invoking CARRHAE WHITE and assuming control of solar defenses. STOP STOP STOP V113NNI070XMX091

Paertan

One week away. Hopefully my LE will be delivered on time so I don't have to wait. But really next weekend is Destiny all day, everyday.

RexNovis

Banned
In the post beta OT someone linked a google docs with a survey/stats.

As of like 12pm earlier today, it was like 160 XB1 players and 500+ PS4 players.

I'm going XB1 myself, already have it preloaded. Cancelled my LE PS4 copy from amazon.

Wow! over 3:1 in favor of PS4! I was expecting 2:1 at most. That is a serious gap. Yeesh

Kvik

I hope Bungie toned down the aim assist (or make it optional). Maybe a HUD-less mode? that would be mint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom