• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiverKwai

esDvefO.gif

rV467ts.png

All I know is that It'll be 'round brillig on 9/9 when my vorpal blade will snicker snack through some uffish, mimsy, frumious bandersnatches.

Shortly thereafter, you can find me dancing beamish, in the wabe.

Considering getting the digital version so I can have it preloaded and change my time zone to NZ so I can play it early instead of waiting till 3am EST... even though I have the LE physical version preordered.

Choices.... choices.

Jimrpg

Playing SP and Co-Op will make you a better MP player trust me

Also there is so much stuff on the SP side, MP will feel like a fraction
Also if you roll 6 man DGAF (Don't Give a Fuck!") Fireteams, we annihilate the other side

Just doing Strikes will push your shooting skills, cause target practice is what this game requires for you to be a Beast at MP
(Not joking, for people weary of MP, even if skills are low, SP does help progress your skill cause enemies are your dummies + target practice, learn your guns, choose your playstyle, go play MP)

Destiny is the start of a 10 year adventure. I sucked at FPS games when I started Halo 1 way back when.

Now is the best time for you to start playing, my friend. Also, don't worry about multiplayer PVP. It's like the smallest part of the game.

Cool, I think I'll pick up a copy then. Sounds a bit like borderlands but I didn't like that art style.

nbraun80

How many of you are getting Destiny for X1?
Got her preloaded and ready to go. As someone else said in the destiny clan thread there's a list of X1 players you can add and/or get on the list. I probably need to get around to that because I have 3 IRL friends but will need a couple more for the raid later.

On that note I don't really like the 3-person co-op, there's been 4 of us who do games like borderlands and halo together and will get this. Guess we'll have to split up in 2 and 2.

Sirim

At the risk of being called a grammar nazi, I just wanna point out that the OP has some curiously strange things goin' on.

Here's just a few examples. The OP may want to look through the whole thing and do some editing:

An event known as "The Collapse", an attack from the Darkness that saw the dissolution of these colonies and left the human race on the brink of extinction.

The Traveler hovers above the last remaining human city, and its presence allows the Guardians of the City, the ability to wield an unknown power.

There are cooperative and competitive elements, but you can go alone, you're just not alone in this world.

Considering getting the digital version so I can have it preloaded and change my time zone to NZ so I can play it early instead of waiting till 3am EST... even though I have the LE physical version preordered.

Choices.... choices.

Will this actually work? That would be awesome to play at 5AM PST on September 8th.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Hype eternal.

Still wondering wether I should keep the 69EUR PSN preorder or just pick one up from the store at 55EUR on launch day.

I mean, I love the convenience of digital, but that's 15 bucks better spent elsewhere.

darthbob

Hype eternal.

Still wondering wether I should keep the 69EUR PSN preorder or just pick one up from the store at 55EUR on launch day.

I mean, I love the convenience of digital, but that's 15 bucks better spent elsewhere.

You have to evaluate if those 15 buckaroos are worth the convenience of always having Destiny just ready to go on your PS4, no disc swap required.

Seil

All I know is that It'll be 'round brillig on 9/9 when my vorpal blade will snicker snack through some uffish, mimsy, frumious bandersnatches.

Shortly thereafter, you can find me dancing beamish, in the wabe.

I chortled in joy at this.

Can't wait to finally get my hands on the Bladedancer.

Does anyone happen to know what song is playing in the dancing video from the Destiny Planets thing? Or was it internally composed?

I can't stop listening to it.

How frequent is loot drop in missions i always feel like its hard to see, I've found some chest under the bridge while you fight that huge eye thing and that usually has a pretty good weapon....curious if its going to be some diablo level of loot to make you want to constantly run missions over and over

Kvik

So I was just checking my Bungie account for some reason, and DestinyGAF now has 1600+ members(!).

It's also telling me I'm not in a clan (even though I'm in the members list) :-\

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Got my copy preordered in Yodobashi Akiba yesterday. Looking forward to the release on the 11th!

Wondering how easy it will be for me to make a trustworthy fireteam out here in Japan.

I live in Osaka, and I'll be playing. I'm also gonna be playing with a couple dudes from other game companies and sites.

How frequent is loot drop in missions i always feel like its hard to see, I've found some chest under the bridge while you fight that huge eye thing and that usually has a pretty good weapon....curious if its going to be some diablo level of loot to make you want to constantly run missions over and over

There's plenty of loot from enemies in every mission (as far as the beta goes), though the white ones were hard to see sometimes, you're right.

SnakeEyez

Damn I'm so hyped. I feel like the last few weeks flew by thanks to The Last of Us, Diablo III and Gunvolt...I feel like the next 6 days will go by sloooowww (always happens when an OT is made)

Will this actually work? That would be awesome to play at 5AM PST on September 8th.

As I understand it, those in NZ (since they're so far ahead of us time zone wise) will actually get access at 12:01a.m. local time on Sep 9th based on their time. So the procedure is:

1. Purchase Destiny from the US/EU marketplace on your XB1 (PS4 too although I'm not sure how it works there since I'm getting it on XB1).

2. Go into games manager and cancel the download for the pre-load.

3. Switch regions to NZ.

4. Go into games manager and queu up the Destiny pre-load again. This actually downloads the NZ digital version of the game, but it's identical anyway (and I think is still in English too).

5. Play the game early. ??? Win?

6. At a later date if desired you could delete the installation and change regions back to US/EU and re-download it (or just change regions but keep the original download).

I'm not 100% sure if this is true (or if NZ is even supposed to get access at 12:01am local their time). But this is what I've heard through the grapevine.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Looks like the wall of shame for this |OT} is starting to already mirror the withdrawal thread...

Time to go look in my .gif bag and see what I can pull to slow that train down...

KIDDING!

rlMQsR2.gif

=D

Rflagg

So I was just checking my Bungie account for some reason, and DestinyGAF now has 1600+ members(!).

It's also telling me I'm not in a clan (even though I'm in the members list) :-\

It says the same for me I think it might have to do with the way gaf has to divide the clan? That or the system is not fully ironed out yet, nothing to worry about me thinks.

RyudBoy

Still hyped, however, I'm not excited to hear the announcer's voice in The Crucible again. :(

I hope they had him go back and redo his lines.

Kvik

It says the same for me I think it might have to do with the way gaf has to divide the clan? That or the system is not fully ironed out yet, nothing to worry about me thinks.

Reading from the Clan thread, looks like other Gaffers are having similar issue. Ah well, as long as the servers holds up on Tuesday, I'm sorted. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom