• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zomba13

Too slow and squishy. ;)

LJRTHOq.png

So...do you folks thing the servers will hold up? I will be so bummed if I stay up late just to stare at an error screen...

[Warlocks are the best,obviously]

who else is buying the 360 version? not sure if i should buy the digital or the disc. only reason im considering digital is because of the free upgrade when i get an x1.

who else is buying the 360 version? not sure if i should buy the digital or the disc. only reason im considering digital is because of the free upgrade when i get an x1.

I'm not getting it on 360, but it is a better deal to get it digital so you can upgrade if you get/have an Xbone.

Strider

So...do you folks thing the servers will hold up? I will be so bummed if I stay up late just to stare at an error screen...

I think the initial character creation/signing in to servers is gonna be a problem... but once you're in you'll be fine. That's my prediciton. I don't expect any huge crashes.

neoism

FUCCCKKK YESSSS!

4.gif

I just found out there is another ShitStop closer to me and I dont even have to fucking go pre order it
chansub-global-emoticon-3a624954918104fe-19x27.png

I just called and they put meh name on it The manager said to come about 11:30 to pay for it which is waaay better than waiting around for 5 hours... I will never shop at that other store again.

awww yisss

Mononoke

Banned
Oops, wrong thread. Anyways, I just pre-ordered the digital $89 version on PSN. The pre-load only took 15 min to install. SO MUCH BETTER pre-loading vs trying to install it on release date. So smooth.

Chaostar

I went into game today to pay off my Ghost edition. The girl behind the counter was commenting on the feel of the box and let me actually touch it, it was
space
magical.

Soon Dinklebot... soon.

Cømet

Banned
FUCCCKKK YESSSS!

4.gif

I just found out there is another ShitStop closer to me and I dont even have to fucking go pre order it

I just called and they put meh name on it The manager said to come about 11:30 to pay for it which is waaay better than waiting around for 5 hours... I will never shop at that other store again.

awww yisss

Congrats! The Traveller smiles on you today.

Bold One

Cømet;128843582 said:
Okay okay, I'm a little too tipsy to read the last five pages I've missed, maybe later lol
Good day fellow guardians! Just practicing my drinking ahead of Tuesday to make sure I'm on par with my FPS skillz, the hype is so real it hurts!
Just gotta get those Tritton Kamas now before we join the fight so I can slur hilariously with you all.

Do it Matrix, do it. Join us on PS4, I'll be your friend :)

Still need that game.

:eek: What happened?

my LE hasnt shipped yet

im buying it on 360. I have no idea what I am doing though. I want it at midnight to play with my friends on 360, but the game isnt available for purchase through the marketplace until like 3AM...then you have to download it for a very long time. Gamestop is selling digital codes for it on 360, which they are supposedly going to start handing out at 6 PM on monday, according to a poster over on gamefaqs.

I would say if you do not care at all about what time you get to play it, just go digitally.

Norns

Decided to drop my preorder on the ghost edition and go with the digital guardian. My office shelves will thank me for not putting more things on them.

Compsiox

Banned
FUCCCKKK YESSSS!

4.gif

awww yisss

isBepqu.gif

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Has there been a game of this magnitude to launch without issues? I can't remember any haha

you will absolutely get one of three things at a massive launch. massive lag, server crashes or queues (or all three in the worst launches)

no I can't think of a modern major launch that has not had at least one of these.

Strider

Has there been a game of this magnitude to launch without issues? I can't remember any haha

Not quite this magnitude but Titanfall launched pretty flawlessly from my experience. RoS on PC was perfect as well.

But then of course there's stuff like GTAV online thats just a total disaster so we'll have to see.

Activision launches humongous online multiplayer focused games every year though... that's why I'm optimistic it'll go fine. I expect hiccups, but nothing too crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom